• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

HRW (Hybrid Railway) - Development and Support

Started by Ulisse Wolf, August 20, 2021, 04:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Hello @Mana-chan

I think we (The NAM team) have found the problem.

The installation of the HRW probably has a duplicate installation on your end. If you would be so kind to show a picture or screenshot of the file structure of your "plugins" folder that would help immensely with fixing the problem.

The reason why I ask is that I nor any other NAM team member has encountered this in addition to NAM 43 being out for almost a month and this issue has not been brought forward.

We hope you understand.

Thanks

-eggman121

Mana-sama

Quote from: eggman121 on January 17, 2022, 09:18:32 PM
Hello @Mana-chan

I think we (The NAM team) have found the problem.

The installation of the HRW probably has a duplicate installation on your end. If you would be so kind to show a picture or screenshot of the file structure of your "plugins" folder that would help immensely with fixing the problem.

The reason why I ask is that I nor any other NAM team member has encountered this in addition to NAM 43 being out for almost a month and this issue has not been brought forward.

We hope you understand.

Thanks

-eggman121

Hii, folder capture

Ulisse Wolf

Quote from: Mana-chan on January 17, 2022, 05:01:50 PM
Quote from: eggman121 on January 17, 2022, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: Mana-chan on January 17, 2022, 12:02:38 PM
same texture problem :(

Are you by any chance using the Reskin for the HRW on the STEX? It has not been updated yet.

I did include some new textures based on a reskin I have and think from the pictures supplied that the HRW Reskin has been applied.

-eggman121

I don't understand sorry :(
Reskin is mod different with HRW?

have you installed this mod?

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/34746-mgb-rrw-reskin-type-a/

Mana-sama

Quote from: ulisse99 on January 19, 2022, 11:32:07 AM
Quote from: Mana-chan on January 17, 2022, 05:01:50 PM
Quote from: eggman121 on January 17, 2022, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: Mana-chan on January 17, 2022, 12:02:38 PM
same texture problem :(

Are you by any chance using the Reskin for the HRW on the STEX? It has not been updated yet.

I did include some new textures based on a reskin I have and think from the pictures supplied that the HRW Reskin has been applied.

-eggman121

I don't understand sorry :(
Reskin is mod different with HRW?

have you installed this mod?

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/34746-mgb-rrw-reskin-type-a/

no

eggman121

Hi @Mana-chan.

Can you please check that there is not an outdated Network Addon Mod installation in the folder Called "Plugins_Compressed"?

Just save this folder in a safe place (Outside the plugins) and see if the situation corrects itself. I think there is a duplicate NAM folder in the above mentioned folder.

-eggman121

Mana-sama

Quote from: eggman121 on January 19, 2022, 05:59:16 PM
Hi @Mana-chan.

Can you please check that there is not an outdated Network Addon Mod installation in the folder Called "Plugins_Compressed"?

Just save this folder in a safe place (Outside the plugins) and see if the situation corrects itself. I think there is a duplicate NAM folder in the above mentioned folder.

-eggman121

i moved files
and i compress in .rar
but, the same :(  :'( :'( :'( :'(

PD: and delete all the folders that are in the folder "Plugins_Compressed"

mgb204

So you mention you are not using the RRW ReSkin mod, however I can see both a .DAT file zRRW ReSkin and a .rar file in your latest screenshots, so I am pretty sure you do have one variant of this mod, even if not specifically mine.

Frankly at this point, the simplest thing to do is to move everything out of your Plugins folder temporarily. Re-Run the NAM installer at this point, do not DAT Pack it for the time-being. You should only have one folder Network Addon Mod in Plugins now, run SC4 and open a new, blank city. Check and see if the HRW is displaying correctly, it should be and in that case you can be certain whatever was causing the problem is in your original Plugins folder somewhere. The idea here is just to test that the NAM itself is working properly.

Mana-sama

Ulisse Wolf

NAM 44 - HRW FA2 - Coming soon

Ulisse Wolf

Hybrid Railway (HRW) Subway Converter

After a long development finally Hybrid Railway (HRW) has a tunnel system. This mod is a pioneer in the field of Hybrid Railway as it is the only mod that manages to convert rail and monorail traffic into subways and vice versa simultaneously.

This mod obviously has a limitation. Using the subway this lot cannot transfer rail freight transport using the subway. In addition, the traffic inside the tunnel is considered as subway traffic and for this reason when you use this mod the subway you use as a tunnel the game classifies it as if it were a normal subway. For this you have to avoid connections with other normal subway networks if you want optimal management of HRW Subway Converter. The lots in this package support U-RAIL allowing the use of the underground rail and therefore also the support for freight trains. For the moment U-RAIL does not support monorail but the NAM Team is thinking of including support in a later NAM version.

You can download this new component here

Wiimeiser

That's cool. Though we really need to figure out why Maxis specifically disabled rail traffic on subway even though it was completely moot without mods and rail and metro are the same thing (Why do city sims keep making this same mistake? Or are there genuinely no metro systems that connect to heavy rail and Melbourne's will be the first?)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Andreas

@Wiimeiser: You're right that there are numerous RL examples where [heavy] rail and light rail/subway systems are connected, both using the same gauge, and on some cases, even the same catenary system. Sometimes, there are mixed-system trains that have two different pantograph types (one for overhead wires and one for power rails on the side, for example).

Apparently, Maxis designed the [heavy] rail for long distances, where both freight and passengers are carried by diesel engines, and these types of trains would only have very limited urban access with some suburban and a large main station (and users also added some terminal stations later). With the Rush Hour Expansion pack, they introduced Elevated Rail as an actual light rail system, that is able to interconnect with the vanilla subway systems via the El-Rail/Subway converter, which is actually nothing more than an El-Rail/Subway station lot.

The NAM team added the GLR/tram puzzle pieces later in order to expand this system on a ground level, and even Tram-in-Road/Tram-in-Avenue pieces later, along with the matching stations. I remember that morifari created "tunnel entrances" that use subway in the same way as ulisse now presents for the Railway system. The major downside is that the Maxis subway/light rail system was never intended for freight traffic, but it works fine for passenger transport and is very flexible for all kinds of scenarios.

I never played other city simulation games, but if there's nothing comparable in those as well, this might be a result of developers just being "inspired" by the good old SimCity 4, which is still kinda the Gold Standard of all city/transportation-related games, at least with all the expansions the NAM brought to the game over the years. ;)
Andreas

Ulisse Wolf

Network Addon Mod Tutorial - Hybrid Railway

Finally the first tutorial of a long series of tutorials on Network Addon Mod. As a first tutorial we saw a little-known component. Hybrid Railway (HRW) available from NAM 38