• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to install CAM 2.1.1 in windows 10 64bit ENG/RUS (most easy way)

Started by Paul Perkov, August 22, 2018, 10:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Perkov

Hello i created this manual, because all tutorials of manual install are really hard to understand
Now setup is working on modern OS, DotPack works well too!

Delacroixandora

fantozzi

The mentioned dlls for running DatPacker are part of Microsoft Visual Basic environments (similar to java runtime - an enviroment: a catalogue or library with small commands to interact with your system). Those packages with the name ".NET" at the end you can download from Microsoft and then install so the dlls are registered in the operating system (get an entry in the registry)

They belong to a package called "Visual Studio .NET 2003" and are subject to updates.

For example lately there was a security leak discovered in MFC71.DLL and so it was fixed and updated by microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21440

This might be a reason to download these files from the original source. And also it might give reason to pray each time our old tools still will be running with those updates.

City_Slider

Í cant handle the CAM. I tryed it so often... but without any Result. I was reading the Blog at Alex Board again and again... guess i´m to blonde for it.

I would like to install the Farming Set... that´s really cool... but, like i said, i´m toooo blonde for it :-(

Regards, Oliver

fantozzi

Quote from: City_Slider on May 31, 2021, 11:43:25 AM
Í cant handle the CAM. I tryed it so often... but without any Result. I was reading the Blog at Alex Board again and again... guess i´m to blonde for it.

I would like to install the Farming Set... that´s really cool... but, like i said, i´m toooo blonde for it :-(

Regards, Oliver

Sorry to hear. Colossus Farming, stage 1 to 5 is also compatible with SPAM (Pegasus).

On the download page of CAM at Simtropolis there is a link to a pdf written by Corine Marie which includes two step by step guides (the second one is especially for those shattering cases everything in the installing routine fails). Did you try this guide? Imo written with great sensitivity. Saved me from kicking my pc.

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30956-colossus-addon-mod/

City_Slider

Thanks for it, i´ll test it out. Hope i can get it on the Road :-)

Regards, Oliver

emahyar

Any idea where to find the DLL files for the DatPack folder? The Google Drive link doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Nebuchanezzar

Quote from: emahyar on May 06, 2022, 03:01:41 PMAny idea where to find the DLL files for the DatPack folder? The Google Drive link doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advance for any assistance!
The guide I wrote for Simtropolis (under my Simtropolis username) still contains active links to those DLL files.

https://www.simtropolis.com/library/misc/Solution%20to%20CAM%20Installation%20Problem%20Using%20Windows%2010.pdf