• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

magee_b

Quote from: art128 on December 24, 2013, 05:29:57 AM
Four pictures from my airport...

Love that terminal and control tower! Great original stuff!

calvinb

Where did you get that terminal it looks amazing!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

magee_b

Quote from: art128 on January 02, 2014, 02:49:25 PM
I created it. :)

Great work. Would love to see those up on the LEX someday  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Umm, Arthur... I know that huge number of pedestrian bridges might looks so japaneese, but I don't think is it the most modern solution. Especially for passengers with heavy luggage trying to reach the terminal :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Masi

I like especially the way you have set your transport system to get people to this airport. Well done indeed :)

Gugu3

Xcathdra

First attempt at building my own custom airport... Still in the construction Phase, New Avelon International Airport is coming along with scheduled completion of all phases in early 2014.

I got a bit creative and managed to build a 3 level terminal / concourse..

thoughts?

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

kbieniu7

Yeah, very creative way to use existing stuff :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

SpeedbumpJoey

speed285

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

ElPhantasmo69

Behold Princess Katarina International Airport - a smallish airport with a 2700 meter runway, the airport serves over two million passengers per year, mainly tourists seeking the relaxing atmosphere, sun and sand (and great party times!) on this tiny Pacific island.

Some close up details of PKZ Int'l include the WWII-era Handley Page Halifax Bomber standing sentinel at the airport entrance.

PKZ's terminal was designed by architect Eero Saarinen with capacity for 5 gates. The satellite piers were added in the early 1990's, tripling the plane handling capacity (in conjunction with the 3 regional gates).

The Terminal's 12 gates can serve up to the Boeing 747, although given the short runway weight restrictions are in effect on larger aircraft. There is also a small cargo facility operated jointly by FedEx and DHL. A small private aviation section also exists, servicing for which can be seen to the right of the main terminal.

DJSun1981

hey, nice airport!
Where can I get this terminal and the diagonal planes?

Gugu3

josh6

Experimenting with the Asphalt Runways

art128

You might want to re-lot the airport roads to use them on grass instead of using the streets, so that you can avoid to get some lamp post near the taxi ways. ;)  Nice job with the asphalt runways, though!

Props & Texture Catalog

josh6

@art: Thanks!

Yeah, those lamp posts are annoying.

I really don't like whatever sidewalk mod I'm using now (I lost track) and I haven't found one I really like yet.
I did a lot of playing around with airport road textures a while back but I decided to use streets because they are easier and I needed to de-clutter my parks and rec menu