• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The M25 Modd

Started by Constantina, May 29, 2007, 03:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewart_garden

To be honest, the variations on interchanges are manifold.  The layout depends on many aspects, including whether it was all built at once (in which case continuity of traffic wouldn't be an issue and cost-effectiveness/buildability can rule so the link roads could go over or under (issues such as gradient and land-take come into play when determining this).  However, for additions to existing networks continuity of traffic needs to be maintained and in these cases it is generally (and this is a very broad generalisation) easier to build the new link roads over the existing highway. 

Cal is correct that it is more expensive to build curved bridges, however this can be overcome and the plan area of bridge usually is the factor for outline cost rather than simply length.

It is also correct that the links can be one or more lanes (there are many examples of both in the UK) and the traffic capacity to cost equation obviously determines this.  Finally, it would be usual to have hard strips on both sides of the link road - especially important on the inside of the curve so drivers can see around the corner!

I think this is a great thread and love what you are doing here She Who Will Not Be Named - as David said you are filling a huge hole.  I would say go with what you want to build, but it might be worth a little research on Google Maps/Earth or similar to see the different variations on interchanges in RL.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Stewart

First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

mikeseith

Ah.  Plenty of 2 lane flyovers around here where I live.  But if I'm not mistaken, this is a redo of the original T junction so as not to use custom paths.

A good looking job so far.

flame1396

hmm... i loive the new highway look... the walls on the default were laughable
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

toxicpiano

Absolutely fantastic work!
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

jayo

Well,i got the unfinished version from simcities.com ,now i just have to wait for this one  &mmm
I'm back

Sól

Great Job She Who Will Not Be Named!

Molibdo

She Who Will Not Be Named, that's brilliant!!!  &apls

HabLeUrG

that interchange looks really nice!!  &apls &apls and even more that one will be funtional, cant wait to see some more about your creations

take care