• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Teddy City: Royal Crown of the Nation

Started by titanicbuff, June 08, 2015, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanicbuff

DISCLAIMER: I AM A MEMBER OF NAM. AT SOME POINTS YOU MAY SEE UNRELEASED MATERIAL THATS APPROVED FOR SHOWING. IT IS NOT AVALABLE AS OF YET
I'm Back- and this time with a new look to Teddy City. In this update I've chosen to show random neighborhoods and showcasing the majesty of this beautiful city.

City Limits Park- A multi city owned park, it shares its boundary with Tedsville- The park is the showcase of this neighborhood, and a popular spot to visit. No wonder, its gorgeously designed for everyones tastes.

Fulbrook Estates- A 1950s residential neighborhood, Fulbrook Estates has one dominating feature- A TV tower. Located off Kings 95 at the Kingston Pkwy exit ramp. Kingston is the main East/West road on the cities extensive North-end.

Kingston Pkwy and the Kingston Woods Mall Commercial area. The mall includes underground parking, and earthquake shelters. These same shelters are used for tornado's. The commercial area was designed in the 1990s as part of a rehabilitation project for the Kingston Woods neighborhood. Today its a reminder of its past, and a popular area for locals and tourists alike.

St. James Grove- A 1930s neighborhood on the North-west side of the city. Still along Kingston Pkwy. Today its a mixed middle and upper income area, but just as beautiful as the day it was designed.

Hope to see you in the next round. Goodbye for now.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

titanicbuff

Disclaimer: I am a member of NAM- throughout the CJ you may see things that are unreleased material and are approved for show- Reader now advised.

Welcome to Teddy City:

Up Next-A Random Look

Teddy City is a beautiful pace to live. And what your about to see shows its beauty. Each part of the city is unique to the next, and exploring is the only way to appreciate the city itself. By leaving the highways, a person can get lost but always end up where they started.

Royal Grove subdivision- This curvy neighborhood leaves people a bit dizzy. Located near the Royal Palace of King Fredrick the IV and Queen Emma, the neighborhood is a beautiful example of the urban planning the city allows.

The Royal residence itself- Called Packwell Palace it was built in 1200AD replacing an old 850AD castle. The Castle began falling into disrepair and need replacement- so the royal family decided to take down the castle and reuse the material on the new palace. After nearly being destroyed in several earthquakes, the royal family decided to retrofit the building- having it raised and placed on a rubber foundation to help the building roll. It was the first building in the city to be retrofitted. The royal family generously offered to bay for other buildings to be retrofitted for earthquakes, taking on 15 different buildings and paying the full cost.

One of the newest store in the nation- Target- This one opened in 2011 replacing the old warehouse discount superstore called Kelly's that once stood at the place. Kelly's lasted just 2 years as the shopping center opened in 2009. Target has become popular, and more are planned. Today 25 stores are in Teddyland itself, 7 in the metro area alone. This is a sign that the nations economy is going strong.

See you again soon- Don't forget to comment and rate.
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

titanicbuff

Teddy City- Summer Time, Tourist Time

Disclaimer- I am a member of NAM- from time to time you may see things that haven't been released yet. Reader be advised.

Ah its summer, and summer in the city means tourists. An tourists mean dollars. The city thrives anyway, but even more at tourist season. Here are some of the favorite sites:

Parliament- Where the government officials meet and live. family apartments are on the 2nd floor while on the main floor are the 2 chambers and offices are. Located across the highway from the Royal Palace, Parliament is a beautiful site to visit. Its dome and Spire is seen clearly form the highway. This helps people find it, and its easy to find.

On the other side of the highway directly across from Parliament is the Friendship clock. Donated as a symbol of friendship between England and Teddy land it was placed at a park across from the royal palace. It was completed in 1878 by Sir John Edmond, a building contractor and designed by Sir Robert Hunt in London as a gift from the king himself.

The Chamber and Visitor Bureau and Convention Center. Need Tourist help? No problem, Just come here and go to room C for assistance for your tourism needs.

As a seismic prone area Teddy City is home to this building- the Royal Seismic Society (RSS). The RSS gives tours free of charge to anyone who wants to see how it works. Here your see the lab when experiments are done for early warning systems, seismic proofing and even the seismographs themselves. Its well worth the look.

For a visitors guide call: (09)5659-03446 today or visit teddycitytourism.co.tl

See you again soon.
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

titanicbuff

Let's Go Shopping: A look at the many stores in Teddy City

Disclaimer: I am a member of NAM Associates. From time to time you may see unreleased material in my CJ's that have been approved for showing to the public. They are yet unreleased unreleased items.

Like all cities Teddy City features many places to shop and do business transactions. The city is a mecca for business, and a great place to shop when shopping is needed. From retail to banking, you can get all in 1 needs in the city.

Hardware: We all home home improvement projects. Teddyland features the US retailer Lowe's as a 1 stop location for everything- whether it be a new Dewalt Drill, or paint and painting supplies Lowe's of Teddyland is here for you when you need them.

Small strip malls appear in many locations in the city. They feature anything you can imagine making shopping easier. Many feature large grocery stores as well as general merchandise type stores for your convenience.

Need cash or a loan? Royal National Bank is here for you. At RNB they feature free checking, interest free loans for 12 months and friendly staff for your very need. So stop in today and get to know your friendly hometown banker.

Buying groceries was never easier then your friendly one stop grocery stores- Sam's Club and Wal-Mart ae new to Teddyland, but already are proving they can compete with other stores. As Teddyland has no nationally operated stores they rely on other countries for grocery stores. Places like Win-Dixie, Safeway, Cub Foods, Kroger and more all making there homes and new headquarters in the nation they provide local jobs with long term stability for families around the nation.

Hope you enjoyed this look at Teddy City's shopping areas. More to come- Until next time. Goodbye.
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

metarvo

I've been deprived of shopping areas in SC4 a little as of late, so it's actually refreshing to see some spending going on.  :)  The update seemed a little short, but it was good.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.