• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

"not present" vs. "missing dependancies"

Started by Sorengaard, March 01, 2008, 12:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

Hi I am new to the board and have been using Cleanitol to really straighten out my plugin file.  So I too join in the chorus of praise for this "little" tool. I do however have a question.  The Cleanup section lists files that are "not present."  Are these important to get and if so how do you get them?  Also just what is the difference between the files that are "not present" in the Cleanup section and the "missing" files under Dependancies? And finally, does the tool tell you somehow if you have a single file that is also part of a larger pack?  I have a number of single items that I downloaded before I got to some of the packs and now I don't know if I have both and don't know it.

Again its been a great help. Thanks

JoeST

Files that are "not present" are ones that cleanitol wants to remove but cant find (which is a good thing) , where as ones that are "missing" are ones that cleanitol wants to find in your plugins, but cant

and there are some cleanitol files that get rid of single files that have been put into other packs

Hope this helps

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Sorengaard

Thanks That is exactly what I wanted to know.  Is there a way to identify the Cleanitol files that get rid of single files that have been put into other packs?

Again thanks for your help.

Steve

JoeST

if you look at the cleanitol file in notepad or a different word processors, the remove files have no ; (semicolon) after the file name... but files that it is looking for to be there have a semicolon and a url (internet address) after them

like this

Code (Remove File) Select
thisfileistoberemoved.dat

Code (Dependency File) Select
thisfileneedstobethere.dat;http://here.iswheretofind.it/downloadnow.html

hope this helps

Joe

Joe, I edited your codes a bit to get them the way you wanted them!
Regards, Tage
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms