• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

Are we even playing the same game here?  ;)

Gratulations, korver. I think you've outdone yourself.

belfastsocrates

That last skyline picture is absolutely spectacular.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

noahclem

Spectacular views of the Northwest and Far East  &apls  You've really done a fantastic job in recreating it all, definitely consistent with your normal standards or exceeding them  :thumbsup:

korver

Replies

noahclem: Thanks for the nice comment, glad you're enjoying the updates! :)

belfastsocrates: Thank you very much for the kind words on the HK skyline overview :)

Seaman: Thanks for the nice words and for the karma point, much appreciated :thumbsup:

PaPa-J: Thank you very much! :)

gaoting: 非常感谢你 Appreciate the kind words! :)

korver

- UPDATE 82: Mexico City -

Today we're taking a look at one of the world's most populated cities - Mexico City. Sitting 7,400 feet above sea level, the capital of Mexico is home to some 22 million people in its metropolitan area. This center of finance, communications, and industry sprawls over 2,000 square kilometers - few cities can compare to its massive size.

Mexico City is also one of the world's oldest cities - and before it was the massive urban area that it is today, it was once the center of the great Aztec Empire. Their capital of Tenochtitlán was founded in 1325 and was truly a sight to see with it's many canals and the great Templo Mayor overlooking the city's center.

The mysterious ruins of Teotihuacan are one of present day Mexico City's most famous sites. Believed to have been built by either the Toltecs or Totonacs, the complex quickly developed into one of the world's largest cities but eventually fell into ruin for reasons unknown.

A hot, smoggy summer's day in Mexico City. Here we see the city's most iconic skyscraper - Torre Latinoamericana - completed in 1956, it's said to resemble a mini Empire State Building and has notably survived a number of large earthquakes throughout the years.

In the heart of the city is Chapultepec Park - this massive urban oasis is one of North America's largest parks and is home to a number of landmarks and monuments like the impressive Chapultepec Castle.

The Paseo de la Reforma runs diagonally through the center of Mexico City and is lined with modern high rises - and the distinctive Mexican Stock Exchange building is hard to miss.

A nighttime view of the Paseo de la Reforma with a few more of its most impressive skyscrapers on display - 807 foot tall Torre Reforma and the 738 foot tall Torre Mayor, the city's tallest and 3rd tallest buildings respectively.

Our tour concludes with a trip to the city's iconic public square - The Zócalo. With the famous Metropolitan Cathedral and Palacio Nacional close by, it's an area that's steeped in history and a can't miss destination.

-korver

PaPa-J

I love the ruins, they look spectacular.  I like how you tell your story. It's like you live there and are giving us foreigners a tour. Great job!  &apls   
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

MAN IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. &apls &apls &apls.Wish i had the patience to do stuff like that $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% :thumbsup:

bladeberkman

Astonishing as always!  &apls I really appreciate the painstaking street-level details. You should consider making/releasing a T-21 mod (or several  :D).

Themistokles

Wow is the right word for this. I've always wanted to visit Latin America but it is soooo faaaar awaaaaaaaayyyyyy :(

Anyway, as always you did a great job recreating this. (I only miss the blood stains on the temple stairs...;)

And a question, the tram tracks - are they discontinuous by intention? If so, that's a innovative way of showing either bustling city growth and redevelopment... or corruption (building project suddenly unexpectedly ran out of money).  ;D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

Wow, what work! The pyramid is superb, just like the city! Very good update! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

Replies

PaPa-J: Thanks for the nice comment - glad you enjoyed the story :)

0715463494: Thank you very much for the comment! Glad you liked it :thumbsup:

bladeberkman: Thanks for the nice words! Currently everything is very much in a WIP stage - but I am considering revisiting some of this stuff later on so we'll see :)

Themistokles: Thanks for the nice words! I was thinking about possibly going down that route in regards to the temple.. but I wanted to keep things PG I suppose ;) As for the tram track - those are actually supposed to be the city's Metrobus dedicated bus lanes. Technically there's supposed to a bit of a curve there on that specific intersection to connect the bus lanes, but since the bus lanes start and stop all over the place anyways I let that one little part slide (and, it would have been a pain to make that specific piece :P)

Akallan: Thank you very much for the comment, glad you liked the update! :thumbsup:

korver

- UPDATE 83: 1970s New York City -

After previously taking a look at New York City in the 1930s - today we're taking another trip back into the Big Apple's past and seeing how it looked in the 1970s. Plenty of famous skyscrapers were being built all over the city, and other areas of the city looked quite different than they do today - it was truly quite an interesting time in the city's history.

Our trip into the past begins in Midtown Manhattan - after a brief stop at the famed Empire State Building, we make sure to visit the always crowded Times Square. Brightly lit billboards, taxi cabs, and big crowds can be seen for blocks - any trip to this iconic intersection is unforgettable.

A look down Park Avenue with the old Pan Am building in view.

One more view of mid 1970s Midtown Manhattan with a number of prominent skyscrapers under construction.

A look at the newly renovated Yankee Stadium - with numerous World Series runs and the heroics of "Mr. October" Reggie Jackson, it was an exciting time to be a Yankee fan in the late 70s.

The iconic Brooklyn Bridge was constructed in 1883 - spanning the East River, it connects Brooklyn to Lower Manhattan which will be our next destination.

The World Trade Center towers were constructed from 1968-1973 and dominated the skyline of Lower Manhattan for nearly 30 years. Upon completion, they were the world's tallest buildings for a brief period of time and one of the city's signature sights.

The Twin Towers at nighttime were truly spectacular.

One last view of Lower Manhattan's impressive skyline in the 1970s.

-korver

PaPa-J

The construction scene of the Twin Towers is outstanding.  Love what you did with it.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

art128

Both Mexico City and NYC are absolutely breathtaking. I quite liked the historic pictures of Mexico.

I liked the WTC.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

korver

PaPa-J: Thank you very much - glad you liked the Twin towers scene :thumbsup:

art128: Thanks for the nice words, happy to hear you're enjoying the updates :)

korver

- UPDATE 84: Tokyo -

Today we're taking a closer look at the capital of Japan - Tokyo. With nearly 40,000,000 people in its metropolitan area, it's not only one of the world's most populated areas but also a vital global city with important business and finance sectors. With a mix of new and old architecture, and plenty of iconic buildings - there's lots to see and explore in this famed city.

We'll be arriving to the city's center via bullet train - where the scenic landscape of rural Japan can be enjoyed traveling at speeds of nearly 200 mph.

We finally arrive in Tokyo - getting off at Tokyo Station, one of the country's busiest railway stations. It's a mix of new and old here in the city's Marunouchi district - sleek, modern office buildings can be found right next door to the great canals of the city's imperial palace.

Today, the grounds near Marunouchi house the city's grand imperial palace - but once were home to the majestic Edo Castle. Built in 1457, the castle was home to the powerful Tokugawa shoguns for centuries, but was eventually destroyed by fire a number of times and never rebuilt. Only moats and ruins of the original structure survive to this day.

Our journey through modern Tokyo resumes with a visit to the famed Shibuya Crossing - often said to be the world's busiest intersection.

Ginza is another one of the city's most iconic districts - this popular upscale shopping area of Tokyo is well known for its elegance and luxury.

The iconic bright orange and white Tokyo Tower was opened in 1958 and quickly became one of the country's most prominent landmarks.

A view of the 2,080 foot tall Tokyo Skytree - opening in 2012, it's the country's tallest structure and is particularly striking at nighttime.

We'll conclude our trip with a look at Shinjuku from above - one of Japan's most impressive skylines and leading business districts.

-korver

Akallan

Beautiful work korver! Seeing this gigantic bustling city in SimCity 4 is impressive, the last picture is beautiful. I love all these viaducts that cross and these great avenues, good job! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

Thank you very much for the nice words Akallan!  :)

vinlabsc3k

As always your works are outstanding!! 5x :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

korver