• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Place Your Region In The World / The Many Nations of SC4

Started by projectadam, January 16, 2009, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I9113N

JBSimio

What a very cool idea!   &apls 

I'd love to have Covington added to the list... due east of Elizabeth County, or to be more specific:  Guilford County, North Carolina, United States (roughly the same place as the real Greensboro, NC)

JB

EDIT#14, JB, the next time the map is updated.  great to have Covington aboard. -DE

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

projectadam

Quote from: I9113N on January 19, 2009, 02:44:49 PM
Does it have to be a city journal region?

We would love to have you place your city I9113N and maybe it will lead to a MD from you ;)

Also, welcome to SC4Devotion, let me know if I can do anything to make you feel at home here.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Pat

Well hmmm Waterfalls??? Now that can be a tough one from me...  OK lets see here New Castia is the City and idealistically I would love to see it be in the vicinity of North Carolina...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

I9113N

Quote from: projectadam on January 19, 2009, 03:39:08 PM
We would love to have you place your city I9113N and maybe it will lead to a MD from you ;)

Also, welcome to SC4Devotion, let me know if I can do anything to make you feel at home here.

Thanks! I feel stupid asking, but what's an MD?  ()what() And I have two regions, one of them is located on the eastern coast of Romania, and the other one is wedged in-between The Netherlands and the north western tip of Germany:

thundercrack83

Hi, I9113N!

An MD is a Mayor's Diary--known elsewhere as a City Journal, or CJ. Hope to see yours soon!

Dustin

projectadam

Quote from: I9113N on January 19, 2009, 05:16:06 PM
Thanks! I feel stupid asking, but what's an MD?  ()what() And I have two regions, one of them is located on the eastern coast of Romania, and the other one is wedged in-between The Netherlands and the north western tip of Germany:

No such thing as a stupid question here I9113N, we are all here to learn from each other. Do you have a specific name for your region? Let us know and we will save lucky number 16 for you.

deathtopumpkins

For an MD/CJ to be put on here must it be active at SC4D? If not, feel free to stick Virgin Shores on there a little bit off the coast of the state of Washington.

EDIT: Hal, your CJ should be in Ontario, I'd say!  :P
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Hmm, I have no idea where my region fits.

The Greater Terran Region was designed to be a totally fictional region, but located somewhere on the planet Earth.  The exact location I have not yet thought of.

Anyone have an idea of where my region should be?  I'm open to any suggestions!   :P

For now though, you might want to stick it in the fictional category with mrbisonm, although it's not on another planet.  Its up to you.

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Happy Hal? :P I made a new post to remind you that I think the GTR should be in Ontario on the shore of Lake Erie!  ;)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

Quote from: Haljackey on January 19, 2009, 08:58:08 PM
Hmm, I have no idea where my region fits.

The Greater Terran Region was designed to be a totally fictional region, but located somewhere on the planet Earth.  The exact location I have not yet thought of.

Anyone have an idea of where my region should be?  I'm open to any suggestions!   :P

For now though, you might want to stick it in the fictional category with mrbisonm, although it's not on another planet.  Its up to you.

Best,
-Haljackey

Well, than you just do what I do: place it somewhere where it fits the best (that's what I did with Imaginia, which is also fictional). The GTR will likely be located somewhere in Canada or the US.

This is a great intiative!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

praiodan

I9113N, we might get into a confliect, LOL. Because my Zollernmark Kingdom occupies Groningen as well as Friesland, Drenthe and Overijssel from the Netherlands. Besides, there are also quite some parts that are taken from Germany's Lower Saxony, which are Aurich, Leer, Bentheim, Wittmund, Friesland, Ammerland, Diepholz, Celle and Wesermarsch. Or to make it easy, have a lookg at this map...   ;)

In addition, there's an oversea territory in South Africa occupied by the Zollernmark, called Zuijderlande (with Scatven as the local capital). It takes the districts Ugu and Sisonke from the KwaZulu-Natal Province.

;D

mrbisonm

I'd say that imaginary or fantasy regions that are earth-like should be placed somewhere on earth. Just look at your region and building style and you can imagine where approximatively it could be, therefore it should be placed in that area. Example if your style is somewhat mediterranian, then your region could nicely fit somewhere in Greece, Italy or southern France, but I recommend to place it where no real existing city exists since this is *fantasy* or *could have been*, just to leave the room for those who actually have or will build that real city.
For what I have seen in his CJ/MD with Haljackey, it would fit in nicely somewhere near Minneapolis or Duluth/Minnesota or Moosejaw/Manitoba. What do you think? Kinda looks like that style and reminds me of it.

Thanks for numbering mine dedgren.

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

projectadam

Quote from: projectadam on January 16, 2009, 05:50:41 PM
Place Your Region In The World / The Many Nations of SC4

[tabular type=4]
[row][data colspan=6]
Place Your Region In the World
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
Number
[/data][data]
Region
[/data][data]
Author
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Elizabeth County
[/data][data]
projectadam
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Three Rivers Region
[/data][data]
dedgren
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Nexis of Genesis
[/data][data]
mrbisonm
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Imaginia
[/data][data]
mrtnrln
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Orleans County
[/data][data]
burgsabre87
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Ural Valley
[/data][data]
bob56
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Commonwealth of Marathon
[/data][data]
thundercrack83
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Greenacre
[/data][data]
threestooges
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
TalesatTeaTime
[/data][data]
TheTeaCat
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Nova Terra
[/data][data]
alan_vzla
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Fresnillo City
[/data][data]
Heblem
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Isla Margarita, Venezuela
[/data][data]
Rayden
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
[/data][data]
Commonwealth of Paradise
[/data][data]
kj3400
[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Wow, what a great response we have had already. I am bringing the current map to here for right now so that we know where everyone is while I update the main map to show the continents. I think as more individuals add on it will look a lot more organized if we use maps of continents, which will be colored so it should be easier to see the contrast of where the region is. It will take a little while to get the new maps updated (especially since I am getting ready to go to work shortly) but hopefully we will have them updated ASAP.

In addition, to address an issue that mrb brought up, I would agree with him that if your fantasy region were earth-like that you should choose an area on the earth. If you are having problems, give us some info on climate, size of region and your fellow SC4D members will help you pick a spot. Carry on city developers, carry on :thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

Nyhaven is located on the Columbia River delta, on the Washington side, between Cathlamet and Skamokawa (which, if it doesn't appear on a map, is to the northwest of Cathlamet), USA.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

I9113N

Yes that could be a problem.... Well then just put in the one in eastern Romania, it's called Sylvania.

Haljackey

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 19, 2009, 09:30:27 PM
Happy Hal? :P I made a new post to remind you that I think the GTR should be in Ontario on the shore of Lake Erie!  ;)

Quote from: mrbisonm on January 20, 2009, 10:51:13 AM
For what I have seen in his CJ/MD with Haljackey, it would fit in nicely somewhere near Minneapolis or Duluth/Minnesota or Moosejaw/Manitoba. What do you think? Kinda looks like that style and reminds me of it.

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 20, 2009, 06:15:28 AM
The GTR will likely be located somewhere in Canada or the US.

Hmm, well after doing lots of thinking, I am contemplating somewhere else:

What do you think?  Sorry for hijacking your thread projectadam, but I think its kinda fun deciding where a region should be :P

All the best,
-Haljackey

projectadam

Quote from: Haljackey on January 21, 2009, 09:09:07 PM
Hmm, well after doing lots of thinking, I am contemplating somewhere else:

What do you think?  Sorry for hijacking your thread projectadam, but I think its kinda fun deciding where a region should be :P

All the best,
-Haljackey

Haljackey,

No hijacking at all, THIS is what makes it fun :) Hoping to have the main maps updated by the weekend.

deathtopumpkins

Argentina...?  ()what() Not what I would think from the GTR, but whatever floats your boat.