• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Come in and Convince us and Yourself

Started by mrbisonm, February 02, 2009, 09:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do You want this to play

on SC4Devotion
60 (92.3%)
on Simtropolis
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

mrbisonm

Come and Convince us and Yourself........

We are about to start the next GRV challenge the second generation (if you don't know what this is, have a look HERE first),  http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=96453&STARTPAGE=1   , and I, mrb, am a bit confused where to home-post it this year. It is just a matter of pleasing the majority of you all that I ask this on Simtropolis and on SC4Devotion.
My wife Lynncanox and I have been asked to create another multiplayerstyle CJ Challenge like the GRV(Grand River Valley Challenge) ever since we stopped the first challenge on ST, but the problem is that several members from both sites have been asking us to post it on their site. This tears us up a little since we equally like both sites and it is hard to decide which.
Anyways, here is what I'll do, I will count the positive polls on both sites and whichever has the most in the next 10 days *will get the contract*. (one vote per member only please) I think that this will be fair enough and we hope, even if the GRV II Challenge will not be on your favourite site, that you come and enjoy it with us all, it will be as much fun here or there.

This will be posted on both sites, SC4Devotion and Simtropolis.

Thanks.

Lynncanox and mrbisonm

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

wouanagaine

Stupid question, but why not host it on both sites, pleasing everyone ?
Yes it might take you a bit more of work, but I know you're happily visiting both :)
Moreover, it will require banning from both sites to have the challenge halted, such a case ( the banning from both sites ) will only happen if you actively look for it IMO ( and I doubt you'll do that :) )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

callagrafx

That would mean every entrant posting on both sites which, owing to the difference in forum software, is not straightforward, especially with lots of images to display. 

Edit: stickied the topic for ya  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

JoeST

I am pretty sure you are going to get 99% "on [insert site here]" votes on that particular site tbh.

Why not set up a middle ground?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis

Yeah, I vote here, we are a lovely bunch.  But honestly, I'm just glad to see you doing this again.  :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Quote from: callagrafx on February 03, 2009, 01:18:50 AM
That would mean every entrant posting on both sites which, owing to the difference in forum software, is not straightforward, especially with lots of images to display. 

Edit: stickied the topic for ya  :thumbsup:
What I meant, is running on both, allowing people to post where they want
But well, you know my vote :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

turtle

It sounds like fun. I would like to participate, especially if its up on SC4D. Either way you choose, it's a great idea.
My name is Thomas...

rooker1

If it is here I would consider playing this time.  If it's at the other place, forget about it.  Takes too long to load.

Robin  :)
Call me Robin, please.

callagrafx

Quote from: wouanagaine on February 03, 2009, 02:18:26 AM
What I meant, is running on both, allowing people to post where they want
But well, you know my vote :)

That's right, give Fred an even bigger logistical challenge  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Sheep49

I'd be rather interested in participating in this. It looks fun, and since I didn't take part in the original GRV, it will be a pretty nice and interesting challenge for me. Oh, and I prefer it to be in the SC4D to be honest, since ST works far too slow. But the idea to host it on both sides is also good, I guess.

So yeah, I'm interested in this, especially if this will be on SC4D, or both sites.
Piotr

BTW, my first post since 26th Dec 2008 XD
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

jeronij

Hello MrB,

I made my vote.... I am sure you can guess what I voted....  ::) ... but regardless of the final result of the poll, I felt the need to say you thanks for keeping the game and the community alive and fresh after so much time  :thumbsup:

Always nice to hear from you ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Ennedi

Mrbisonm,

You probably don't know me, but I know and appreciate your work. The GRV challenge is very interesting event, it's first edition was performed very good. It would be a pleasure for many of SC4D members to be able to take part in it here at SC4D.

But I have a suggestion: I understand you like both sites. I like them too, and a few others in addition  :) But counting votes is a bit... from another story  ;)
Maybe you could simply think, where your activity will be more pleasant and comfortable for you, and then decide?

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

mrbisonm

Thanks for the comments, it'll surely help me to decide where to post this challenge. I see that there is a slight competitional problem with the two sites for some, which shouldn't be. I can understand it though. But that aside.......
....I would like to make something straight here for you all to understand. I don't know if you had a good look at the first GRV Challenge on ST, but this is a lot of work to handle, organize, create the statistics, see the errors and control. My wife, Lynn, and I have spent sometimes up to 3 hrs a day just to judge, look at and think of the next challenge. Imagine doing this on both sites?
I hope that you weren't serious wouanagaine when you said that it was a stupid question. I am sure you don't realize the work involved in doing such a multiplayer challenge. La question n'est pas stupide du tout!
We do this for fun and as soon as stress will be involved , it will simply be stopped from our behalf. I have 3 buissnesses to take of in real life and my wife one, which is enough stress for us. This challenge is supposed to be fun for everyone, nothing else but PURe FUN, and that includes both of us also.
For those who I don't know, don't worry, I'll get to know you quick enough... ;)
And hey jeronij, thank you for the kind works, the encouragment and the welcome.
callagrafx , thanks for making it a sticky.

Thanks again for participating.

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Ennedi

I think most of us understand you very well. RL is very demanding for many of us, and preparing MD updates, tutorials or new custom content is sometimes very stressfull and extremely time consuming - although we do it with pleasure, because we make it for others.

One thing you can be sure: if you will decide to organize GRV here at SC4D, you will have no problem with finding people to help you if you will need it  :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

callagrafx

Quote from: Ennedi on February 03, 2009, 11:50:52 AM
One thing you can be sure: if you will decide to organize GRV here at SC4D, you will have no problem with finding people to help you if you will need it  :thumbsup:

Not to mention the backing of the staff  :thumbsup:

6underground

SC4D, period.

Edit : Removed non needed comments ~wouanagaine~

"Amazing" - Yoder7652 | "your citybuilding is outstanding" - Sebes | | "Absolutely Fabulous" - M4346 | "Wonderful" - threeswept | "Excellent" - Kimcar | "A treat" - dedgren | "A great source of inspiration" - mbsimcity | "Very Impressive" - Paroch | "Mindblowing" - metasmurf | "Fantastic" - bat | "truly deserved the Trixie Awards" - Sheep49... So, why not visit?!

metarvo

GRV, you say?  Having this on both sites probably would be good in the long run, although I did use my judgment to make a vote.  I would participate on either site, though.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

OK I must confess here something what in the world is GRV???  I know Ive been around but I have no clue what you are all talking about here honestly but it sounds great though!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

Hi MrB ..

GRV was one of the Simtropolis bright spots last year. Hmmm. Should I play? I do ok with rural country side regions but if I build a large city? You'll see I can't play worth a darn.   :D   :'(    :o

I wish you the best this year and look forward to the results.

<edit>

@ Pat. GRV is short for Grand River Valley. It is a competition (more or less) where several people play the same region. Are given goals and MrB and his wife are the judges. Follow the link in the first post. And by the way - I think you should play. I'd be very interested to see how one of our more (or less) famous members plays the game.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Thank you Jim and I just might put Waterfalls on the back burner to work on GRV if it was to be done again... Might being the keyword here as I would have to really work on building Villages and Towns... I am more nature lol... BTW me more or less famous naw  $%Grinno$% I cant be that.... 

OK so Fred after reviewing the GRV thread @ ST I have to say I am impressed by it and I think it would be great to have it run on both sites... I would suggest however common judges to assist you and Lynn at both sites. I mean like say example of say 2 per site... Then have a neutral meeting area where you all can get together and compare notes for the weeks judgement or however you work it from there...

my thoughts,

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie