• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Come in and Convince us and Yourself

Started by mrbisonm, February 02, 2009, 09:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do You want this to play

on SC4Devotion
60 (92.3%)
on Simtropolis
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

mrbisonm

Having this on both sites is impossible. Lynn won't participate for one and I cannot keep up with it. It took all my energy to convince my wife to help me out on one site.....lol. Taking another one or two with help could be a good idea, but then the judging will not be equal and just for all, because everyone has a different view on things and see things differently. Just have a look at the rating on the STEX, not one there that has the same idea of so called *excellent* uploads.

Anyways, it looks good for SC4D to have GRV II this year, maybe next year it will be ST again.

Ennedi and callagrafx , I am sure I will find more help here than anywhere else, and it probably can happen that I will ask for it.
Pat, glad you found the GRV thread and had a serious look at it. Nature is my favourite too, but this year there will be a small City challenge included, all depending on the size of map you all will choose.( Yeah, you read it right, *you will choose*)
GRV II will be a little different (maybe a little more than little.... &Thk/( ) and also easier (well.....kinda....), but most of all, it will be more fun and more participation will be needed (part of the challenge) It will not always be us (lynncanox/ mrb) who give the *commands*....huh? Oh yeah....I got some aces and surprizes up my sleeve this year.

jmyers2043 , well, I got a Trixie for the last GRV. I would like to see you in this.....could be interesting....... for all of us  ;)

Anyways, this site being faster loading, less *out of order* and offline for *we're doing things*, and with more people interested could make this Challenge quite amusing.

mrb

Edit : removed non nedeed comment

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

BigSlark

I'm looking forward to the GRVII, mrbisonm. And I'll already cast a vote for a massive map, the scale lets you build truly realistic towns and cities (not 3RR big, I'm not that crazy).

Cheers,
Kevin

Haljackey

I'm sure most of the votes you get here will be for SC4D, and ST for ST.

Since I'm active at both sites, I have given some thought into this.  I would say SC4D this time, mainly because of the site's performance in relation to ST.  It will be faster and more organized here, and you won't have to worry about the page flip bug.  Posters will be notified of developments when they check their unread replies so they won't miss a thing.  Perhaps you will get your own project thread similar to 3RR, RRP, or Buddybud's new project thread.

Until ST makes the jump to 6.0, SC4D is clearly the better choice.  It would get harder when ST does go to 6.0, depending on what is improved.

Just my two cents.  Good luck making a decision!

mrbisonm

BigSlark , the choice maps will be only two different sizes this year, one larger 3x7 Medium tiles and a smaller version of 2x3 Medium tiles. I don't want to get larger than this, because many will find it too large to play on for a short period of time, nor will we find enough challenges to fill the region. Medium tiles were preferred by most of the players last year also, not everyone's computer can handle large tiles (blue). If this challenge lasts too long then we'll loose too many players with time, like last year, so we figured that the challenge will be finished by late spring/ early summer.
Also the regionplay this time will taken into consideration, but I cannot tell you right now why exactly. It will be GRV II' s Theme for 2009.

Haljackey
, I know you're active on both sites and most of us are, but voting on ST's Poll turned out to be three times more in favour for SC4D too......hm....not as you said ST will vote for ST and SC4D for SC4D.
Yes, I have been offered to get my own thread and also the moderating powers for that thread. It would be just perfect!
Although I have come almost everyday to SC4D for a few minutes since its beginnings, I still have to get used to this site in terms of posting and modifying etc. I'll learn and then I have to teach my wife....lol.  ;) I also have to get to know most of the members which do not come to ST regularily or under a different name. Most of you I remember from the good ol' days from ST.

mrb

UPDATE..........

The total Votes from both sites so far at this exact moment are:

Simtropolis.....................13
SC4Devotion..................72

...then again, the polls are not working at this time at ST, they say....

sebes

That is 13/73 now then.... I'd love to see that challenge here on SC4D, and might even consider participating in the contest in that case!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

threestooges

I've heard quite a bit of buzz about this competition. I don't get over to ST too often now, but I've seen your work there. I may be biased (heh heh), but I'd certainly love to see the second round here.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Well, the way it goes on ST,(more votes for SC4D there also) this is going to be here. I said that I will take ten days for this poll, so I have no choice to wait.
Now, Where do I post this upcoming MD (CJ) Competition? With all the threads on SC4D and not used to navigate around here freely, I would like to have some help on this. Many questions will be asked until I fully understand how all these forums work.

Thanks

mrb

BarbyW

When you are ready to start, we will set up a special forum for you in the SC4D Projects Board - where 3RR and the Rural Renewal Project are to be found. If you send a PM to one or all of the Admins with the title you would like we will do the rest and make you Moderator for your project.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

Thanks BarbyW, when this is over I'll send you a PM. Much appreciated.

mrb  ;)

Diggis

Quote from: mrbisonm on February 09, 2009, 09:20:30 AM
Well, the way it goes on ST,(more votes for SC4D there also) this is going to be here.

&dance &dance &dance

mrbisonm

Well.....The Final Results are in:

Simtropolis:...............14
SC4Devotion:.............88

Thank you all for the vote participation and hope to see you all in the CJ/MD section to participate with the challenge.
I will contact a Moderator later this week to open the new thread.

Thank you again and let's all enjoy this challenge now on SC4Devotion this year. Good luck.

mrbisonm and lynncanox ;)

jeronij

Excellent news  :thumbsup:

I am sure we all will enjoy your game mastering here at SC4D. Impatiently waiting for the project to start...  :-\  :-\  :-\  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Diggis

This is good news, and welcome to your new home. 

Just sign here  "$Deal"$  here  "$Deal"$ and this big fat cheque here.  "$Deal"$

JBSimio

Quote from: Diggis on February 16, 2009, 09:18:12 AM

Just sign here  "$Deal"$  here  "$Deal"$ and this big fat cheque here.  "$Deal"$

Once you've signed... there is a PO Box in Occidental, CA where you should kindly mail the check.   :D

Not sure how much time I'll have to participate, but I did enjoy watching the last one develop.  I'm glad to hear it will be held here this time and I look forward to at least watching again!   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

mrbisonm

oh no, all that signing again........ ???

Thanks for the welcome.

mrb ;)

Diggis

Quote from: JBSimio on February 16, 2009, 02:48:56 PM
Once you've signed... there is a PO Box in Occidental, CA where you should kindly mail the check.   :D

Not sure how much time I'll have to participate, but I did enjoy watching the last one develop.  I'm glad to hear it will be held here this time and I look forward to at least watching again!   :thumbsup:

JB

Did you just steal my bribe his voluntary donation?!?  :angrymore:

JoeST

Quote from: Diggis on February 16, 2009, 09:18:12 AM

The first one is signing over all your IP rights, the second gives him permission to repossess your house, and all your belongings in the period of the competition. The cheque, as stated above, was a bribe. :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Shaun I hate to say it but I due surly think Jon did that  ;)  :D

BTW MrB when you get ready to start GRV II Let me know and I will make sure to do a special podcast just for you!!!!  I will verbalize all the rules and instructions and introduce all or who ever will be helping you and lynncanox...  Just give me the details and I will put it together!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JBSimio

Quote from: Diggis on February 17, 2009, 01:13:02 AM
Did you just steal my bribe his voluntary donation?!?  :angrymore:

No... no... not at all!  I was just going to invest and keep it safe on your behalf... :D

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion