• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Big Country

Started by Toichus Maximus, March 01, 2008, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

Thats a fantastic country you got growing there friend/mayor. Looked I espically love that river you have in the update. Keep the updates coming. :)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

bat

Ahrensfeld river is looking very beautiful! Great work on that mosaic! ;)

Looking forward to Ammerse!

paroch

The Shenandoah Update - Only one word needed to describe it - BEAUTIFUL!

Pat

Wonderful mosaic here Toichus and you are doing so well with the TPW rivers and that camp ground is perfect!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

FrankU

Yes, very good detail and a beautiful Campingsite!

squidi

lots of very beautiful pictures  &apls

Toichus Maximus

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on March 20, 2008, 05:51:17 PM
Thats a fantastic country you got growing there friend/mayor. Looked I espically love that river you have in the update. Keep the updates coming. :)
Will do! I'm actually surprised at how easily i've been able to stay on top of it. I was worried it'd be hard to manage with school and all.

Quote from: bat on March 21, 2008, 06:36:39 AM
Ahrensfeld river is looking very beautiful! Great work on that mosaic! ;)

Looking forward to Ammerse!
Well, you won't have long to wait now! Saturday's not far off!

Quote from: paroch on March 21, 2008, 09:22:57 AM
The Shenandoah Update - Only one word needed to describe it - BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Quote from: Pat on March 21, 2008, 09:36:42 AM
Wonderful mosaic here Toichus and you are doing so well with the TPW rivers and that camp ground is perfect!!!
Yeah, I really like Ennedi's method for the rivers. They come out nicely. But no rivers or campsites in the next update, so we'll see if I can do anything else well  ;)

Quote from: FrankU on March 24, 2008, 08:59:31 AM
Yes, very good detail and a beautiful Campingsite!
Thanks!

Quote from: squidi on March 24, 2008, 09:08:36 AM
lots of very beautiful pictures  &apls
Thanks, Squidi! I appreciate your support  :)

And here's the second Teaserish thing since easter interrupted my reply schedule!

Later!
Toichus

rooker1

OMG
When is the update.  I need it ASAP.
Robin  :o
Call me Robin, please.

Couchpotato

Very well done... looks like a 5 star map to me.   &apls

Pat

I agree with Robin, Toichus when is the full update???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Very beautiful night shot of that area there, Toichus Maximus! Looking forward to the full update/ Saturday.

sebes

One more night.... getting ready for the goodies to come  &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Toichus Maximus

Hello, everybody! Thanks to all for the replies, and remember, I'm always updating biweekly on Saturday, since my last post was ambiguous  ;)

And, with out further delay, the city of Ammersé!

This one is to the song Summer in the City by The Lovin' Spoonful.  Clicky the link for the youtube video of the song  ;)

c1
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

c2
All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world
    Go out and find a girl
    Come-on come-on and dance all night
    Despite the heat it'll be alright

c3
c3
    And babe, don't you know it's a pity
    That the days can't be like the nights
    In the summer, in the city

c4
Cool town, evening in the city
Dressing so fine and looking so pretty
Cool cat, looking for a kitty
Gonna look in every corner of the city
Till I'm wheezing like a bus stop
Running up the stairs, gonna meet you on the rooftop

c5
    Go out and find a girl

c6

Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

c7
All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

Go out and find a girl

c8

c1. The tower of Ammersé, which offers a view over the Church and Parliament building. Behind it is the Central Rail Terminal, which, as you can see, is very busy in the morning hours.
c2. The Ammersé City Port is very small because there is no direct rail link. As such, it is used only for smaller shipments, and most of that is gravel, coal, and other minerals mined in the Decca Mountains.
c3.Midtown at night. In general, the architects of La Costé and the Big Country don't build taller, high density buildings. The ones that do exist are built by foreign contractors by foreign businesses.
c4. An extended T intersection between the Mid Costé Rt 16 Highway and the East Decca highway, which follows the eastern edge of the Decca Mountains. The large lake was decided to be preserved for the sake of drainage, and the second off-ramp was simply extended around its edge.
c5. The AIG building, one of the several highlights of the abrupt skyline of Ammersé.
c6. A torrential rainstorm while looking at one of the smaller public marinas. Here is also a local ferry terminal that crosses the river.
c7. Main Street, Ammersé. San Roderigo del Flores church with classic Costeian architecture is juxtaposed with the Parliament building, which was built in a more Greco-medieval style to set it apart from the other buildings while still preserving a historical sense.
c8. Here is a cross section of Ammersé, which shows from the coast of the river all to the beginning foothills, where the city abruptly stops. Construction on the slopes would prove challenging, and with enough space and a relatively stagnant population, the city council has legislatively cordoned the area with the nearly unanimous support of the population. Note also some of the city center's taller buildings, which were contracted by foreign companies. They supply the majority of the jobs for Ammersé, now.

Godzillaman

Some interesting contrast you have between buildings, makes an interesting picture.;)
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

bat

These new pictures are fantastic! And wonderful work there with the RHW! The lake in c4 looks beautiful!
Great mosaic of that very great area! :thumbsup:

Pat

Toichus wonderful update and the song a good choice too!!! I simply loved the mosiac and the same lake as Bat!!!

sebes

What a magnificent mosaïc did you put in this update  :satisfied:  Now that is what i call a pleasant town. I full undertand the big foreigh companies build their towers there, but if I sure hope the city council will protect the cities historical buildings that fit the landscape so well.
I also love picture C4 with the intersection. Would be great to see some more shots of the transportation layout in the region (hint hint)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

FrankU

Here in the Netherlands we have a discussion about skyscrapers every two weeks. Half of our population would go on the streets if someone would have the guts to plan such large towers next to a historical city.
And I must say: sometimes they have a point.

But hey, this is SC4. The mosaic is great.

I also love your parliament with the monastery and your harbour pic and, well, in fact all of them.

rooker1

That was a great update.  I'm not sure how I missed it.  I like the train station and all the rail lines you added in.  Great job.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Collgab

Looks very nice, like the enviormental details...the trees and streams and all :) cant wait for more :)