• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Png to Fsh Conversion tool

Started by null45, March 14, 2009, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

null45

The alpha on those textures is fully opaque, meaning it should not appear semi-transparent.

As far as I can tell that overlay texture is not semi-transparent, if it is I do not know how to recreate it.  :)

Chrisim

This will become a very useful tool.  :thumbsup:
Why did you remove the option "Alpha map from transparency"?

null45

Quote from: ChrisimWhy did you remove the option "Alpha map from transparency"?

What makes you think I removed that function?

In my Png to Fsh tool for the "Alpha map from transparency" function to work the checkbox must be checked and the bitmap must be a 32 bit png.
In my Multi fsh tool the same function exists but it automatically decides if it can use it or not.   :) 

null45

Both tools updated to be able to load / save the TGI data for The Reader, a few bugs fixed.  :thumbsup:

Gwail

Refresh :)!

Does anybody else experience FSH handling error under WinXP after latest MS patch pack? Today right before update I was able to open and edit FSH files using both MultiFSH and FiSHman, after installation and reboot it isn't possible any more:

I've tried to use the fixed fshlib.dll, no result.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Tarkus

I'm getting some similar problems as well . . . I've become an avid user of the PngToFsh Batch program here (which has become indispensable to all my transit modding projects :thumbsup:), and started noticing problems with it a couple days ago that prevented me from saving to .dat.  I tested out this program, too, just a moment ago, and had similar issues with saving and loading.

-Alex

null45

The Vista fix will now work on XP, all of my tools have been updated with the new version (The Fsh Thumbnail handler does not need to be updated because it will not install on XP).

Gwail

Works fine, thanks, null!

A small feeback about last release - multi tool works well, now making multitextures will be much simplier. Haven't found any issues so far, except a bit odd handling with transparent 256x256 textures, using for automata. But it's rather a manner of learning the tool better.

I'm not sure if is it an issue, but if you load a 256x256 bitmap, set "regular fsh" option and generate mipmaps, you receive the mipmaps for regular, 128x128 texture (64x64, 32x32 and so on). If it isn't intentional, maybe there should be any warning (with question "are you sure [yes-no]") that the texture mismatches the chosen FSH type?
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

null45

Quote from: Gwail on October 20, 2009, 01:57:50 AM
I'm not sure if is it an issue, but if you load a 256x256 bitmap, set "regular fsh" option and generate mipmaps, you receive the mipmaps for regular, 128x128 texture (64x64, 32x32 and so on). If it isn't intentional, maybe there should be any warning (with question "are you sure [yes-no]") that the texture mismatches the chosen FSH type?

What do you mean when you say "that the texture mismatches the chosen FSH type"?

SimFox

Hi!

I've run into this problem with your tool:

the same message pops up also when saving with DXT1 compression is selected.

OS is Windows 7 x64

Do you have any idea how this could be remedied?