• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Welcome to the Graphics Point

Started by dedgren, October 04, 2007, 08:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

I started out with an intention to ask as simple question this evening, and wound up creating a whole new Forum section.  The sudden death of my trusty laptop yesterday led me to buying a new one, and then disaster struck- I couldn't find my beloved Paint Shop Pro 8 (that's software circa 2001, folks) install disc.  I thus had to confront the issue of "what do I get to replace it?"

If you've been over at 3RR, you know that I don't "PhotoShop" my game pics unless I tell you (and I've done that like three or four times in a year and a half, maybe), or to do something obvious like add a caption or title.  You also know, though, that I love to build maps,

create signs,

add subtle touches to RL pics,

before

after

and generally have a good time with reality.

before

after

I've spent about four years really learning PSP8 inside and out.  I've pushed it pretty hard...

...and now it's gone.

So, anyway- I'm just one person who's got some graphics talent here.  Looking around, though, I know that there are many, many more.  Getting back to where I started, I was just going to start a thread asking for other folks who do graphics to give me some recommendations as far as what program I should replace PSP8 with.  Thinking about it, though, it seemed to be a good idea to give computer graphics afficionadios their own place in the forums.

And this is it.

I'm hoping that folks who are graphically inclined will post their creations, ideas and tips here.  Anyone is welcome to throw out questions and otherwise comment.  I'll keep an eye as moderator to make sure threads don't get stale, but with all the talent we have here at SC4D, I'm not too worried.

Anyway, this should be a lot of fun...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax