• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Arthur's Gallery

Started by art128, August 11, 2012, 07:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Time to bump this topic. :)

I took some picture today when i went out with a Japanese friend.

Not much, but I liked them and  thought they were nice to share. The pictures are taken from Belleville park which has a nice overlooking point on Paris. Unfortunately I thought the view of La Defense would be better, but it wasn't that great. :/

Pictures were shot with my D3200 with 18-55mm and 70-300mm lenses. All shot in Raw and post processed in Photoshop (exposure, contrast etc) and resized to 1280px wide. (of course I kept the raw files)

Obligatory Eiffel Tower shot.

A closeup of Madame Eiffel.

La Defense towers seen far away. I want to take more pics of the business district since I think it's starting to be really good looking now, with all the new towers.

Paris' roofs.

Flat landscape of Paris.

Cultural diversity.

That's about it.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

EDGE4194

:thumbsup:  Nice pics Arthur. I especially like the 5th showing the city density to the horizon.

noahclem

Sweet pics  &apls  Glad to see your new equipment is working out well for you. The Eiffel Tower really is a great piece of architecture!

art128

Just a few pictures I took recently, no particular order:

I'm going out again tomorrow to take more pictures. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Fantastic pictures Arthur !! You've improved a lot your skills with the camera. Keep doing the same  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Thanks Jonathan. :)

Here are some more pictures from today.

Props & Texture Catalog

feyss

Joli  :thumbsup:

That's great to see pictures of Paris seen by a local and not by a tourist  ;)

In my opinion, the 'Front de Seine' buildings are absolutely ugly.  $%Grinno$%

noahclem

Beautiful pictures  &apls  It's always nice to see Paris through your camera!

art128

Thanks guys.

Here's a new shot I took today.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Beautiful shot of the metro station area  &apls. I love those iron trusses or whatever you'd call them!

Shark7

The lighting is beautiful.  It's the way that the lights show up through the trees that I really like.

art128

Thanks. :)

Today I went to the Mont Valérien near Paris to take some pictures.

As usual click for full size.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

The one with Majunga, D2 and Carpe Diem is cool  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kbieniu7

La premiere a l'air comme un montagne construit tout en bâtiments... ahahaha... Sorry, I've really started to write in French, I've just finished posting at TSC and forget to switch :D

So, once again: the first photo looks, like it shows a mountain made entirely of buildings. A stunning view, showing a little bit scary man-made lanscape!

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

APSMS

The first pic is really neat, with the light banding and all. Also, is that in the moon in the left, just above the horizon?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

art128

Quote from: APSMS on March 25, 2016, 04:46:04 PMis that in the moon in the left, just above the horizon?

I do believe it is, yeah.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on March 25, 2016, 04:31:26 PMthe first photo looks, like it shows a mountain made entirely of buildings
Well that's Montmartre, highest hill in Paris at 130m above sea level.

Quote from: Girafe on March 25, 2016, 03:29:12 PMThe one with Majunga, D2 and Carpe Diem is cool  :thumbsup:
It's funny how from the general Axe perspective La Défense looks compact, but when seen from the side you can really see how Société Générale and Granite are off-center to the very side of La Défense.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Guess I'll post a new picture here too.
Taken just a few moments ago. I like how the yellow of the bulb lights contrasted with the blue of the sky during the blue hour.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Two new pictures taken today.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

I think I can get some nightmaps out of those windows :p (in the night picture)

art128

Hehe true.

Went out and took some pictures this morning. There was supposed to be some fog, but I guess I was up too late to get the most of it.

Props & Texture Catalog