• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Building a port - the hard way

Started by emilin, March 18, 2007, 04:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolved

Which pipeline set (with the ships, which is really what I'm after) are you using?

ReydelLaCiudad

what do you use to make the land look so square like that?

FrankU

You need to do a lot of terraforming.
In my opinion it is most easy to use the SC4 TerraFormer tool by Wouanagaine.
It has an option: "make harbour". With this tool, especially if you make the brush square, you can place your harbour tiles on the exact heigth.
After having placed the harbour tiles on the right places, you need to make the bottom of the water low enough. Usually I do this also with the square brush, but now I use "flatten". In the brush options box I put the min height to 210, and the max heigth to 211. Now you can make the bottom of the water exactly flat. Now you have your harbour areas flat an sharply lined. No problems with connecting lots to each other and to roads and streets.
If you want more realism you do this only for the tiles directly next to the quays. You can alter the other tiles with the normal terrafoming tools.

VeTram

CONGRATULATIONS to author emilin for that GREAT tutorial  &apls...i just noticed it , as i was looking around for informations for my under construction port.. i followed the link to download NOB'S port set ,but it seems that doesn't work....help pls.. &ops
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

SC4BOY

NOB's files are being re-lotted by XXDITA due to an unfortunate consequence of using old blank lots (check for GROWABLE LANDMARKS) or some such.. NOB is retired from SC4 due to RL reasons. They are not completed Empty Lot Growables

VeTram

Can you write it more simple just to understand what you mean?  ( my english are not so perfect) ..perhaps do you mean that NOB'S files doesnt exist any more  , because of some reasons ....? and if so, are there any such files in emilin's tutorial ? (the link in the begining of the thread for NOB'S files in page 1 still exists) ...which links are normal without problems?   and finally are there any alternately files to NOB'S files for use in ports?  thanx SC4BOY anyway.
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

FrankU

Quote from: emilin on March 18, 2007, 04:25:35 AM

Emili,
How the heck did you make the bulk grounds? I guess I see Simgoober's Hardun Coal stuff, but what is the brownish texture with the small heeps behind SOMY's silo's? :(

I have been searching sooo long now and I can't find anything that matches these pictures. :'(

Please???? reveal the secret to me???? ()what()

Rayden

It's most likely self-made lots by Emilin, to fit that particular need. You could do your own as well, they're not that hard to do. ;)

FrankU

Ha, yes, I do have some experience with LE.
But how did Emilin do it? Is it just some base and overlaytextures? It looks quite flat. Or are there some incomprehensible props on them? I can't see quite right. It seems that there are some heaps of sand?
Some clues might be interesting...

Thanks in advance.

clemenclm2001

Sorry for my bad english

I don´t know where i can find a lot of car in the port

In the post nº 3 say "custom lots with various car props" but i haven´t found nothing in stex or lex

Could you say me any link?

Please sorry for my bad bad bad english

rooker1

clemenclm2001,

First, no need to apologies for your english.  This is an international site and you did just fine.

Those LOTs you are talking about were made by emilin.  They are his own Custom LOTs.
This type of thing can be done relatively easy in LE.
There are tutorials HERE that can help you.  Good luck and if you need any more help, you can PM me.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

clemenclm2001

thank you rooker1 and....

How can i get the LE??
my registration in the official site of simcity don´t work, i don´t know why

RippleJet

Quote from: clemenclm2001 on December 24, 2008, 10:21:45 AM
How can i get the LE??
my registration in the official site of simcity don´t work, i don´t know why

Try clicking this little button up on top: :)

czkimi

&apls
Thank u guy!
It's a huge project,Comprehensive model for port!
Perfect lesson :D

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

climberdaveuk1

Amazing tutorial. I've really taken alot away from it and its inspired me to have a bash at creating my hown town/area... if anyone is seeking inspiration for the dirtiest industrial riddled place on earth just type Teesside into google! It inspired Blade Runner (Ridley Scott is originally from here).... just finished 12 hours of terraforming....nightmare!

Cheers again! Something to keep me entertained while I relocate to Sweden...will have to visit Gothemburg and get some inspiration from that.

climberdaveuk1

Quote from: FrankU on August 14, 2008, 05:10:27 AM
Emili,
How the heck did you make the bulk grounds? I guess I see Simgoober's Hardun Coal stuff, but what is the brownish texture with the small heeps behind SOMY's silo's? :(

I have been searching sooo long now and I can't find anything that matches these pictures. :'(

Please???? reveal the secret to me???? ()what()

Glad i'm not the only one who tried tracking this down! I've given up

sc-4

Hello all ,this is a great tutorial  &apls , but i cant find the NOB port set , so can you help me please?
Ludo.

Call me Ludo

SC4BOY

As stated about 6 messages above:
Quote from: SC4BOY on May 04, 2008, 10:39:45 AM
NOB's files are being re-lotted by XXDITA due to an unfortunate consequence of using old blank lots (check for GROWABLE LANDMARKS) or some such.. NOB is retired from SC4 due to RL reasons. They are not completed Empty Lot Growables

For now, its not available that I know. NOB has temporarily withdrawn his lots for re-doing.

sc-4

Thanks , I hasn't saw your post  &ops and i'm sorry if my english isn't good  &ops

Call me Ludo