• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

noahclem

Great to hear from you Willy and bummer about your computer :(  If I had an old one that was even remotely functional it'd already be on its way to Belgium but unfortunately I don't. Also, what kind of websites has your friend been viewing?

Beautiful catenary work Eggman  &apls

Swordmaster

Good to hear from you as well buddy. I think I get the point now--my laptop and my old machine are not the same. I would have used the laptop as a replacement, which I can't now unless I claim it back.

Anyway, those FACs (FAOWs?) are awesome Stephen! :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

FrankU

Eggman, fantastic!

It's not my cup of tea, but I tend to get the feeling that the task lying in front of you is... well... Fun. Just what you said.
So that is great, because the whole purpose of this game is to have fun, isn't it?

I wish you good luck and I can't wait to see the results some day!

Frank

eggman121

Thanks for all the positive feedback :thumbsup: It really inspires me to continue my work.

Anyway here is what I have been working on lately.

Let the Fun Begin!!!  $%Grinno$%

Ironically it is the FAR3 content which is easiest to apply wires to. Anything with significant curvature across multiple tiles is gonna be a real pain to place wires on correctly. Lucky all my calculations are working out. 

-eggman121

APSMS

If I'd been drinking my coffee when I looked at that, I'd have ruined my computer! (spitting it out, that is). :P Those pictures/wires are simply incredible! I can't believe all the work you're putting into this; it's really paying off. Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm telling you, I'm going to have to come up with a good reason to modernize my region...no other catenaries have made me actually want to use them beyond the initial test phase  ::) (not used to electrified rail), but these, well...

&apls
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Fantastic work!  &apls

Just curious, how many T21s are required for FAR pieces, taking orientation, flipping, mirroring and all that into account?  &Thk/(
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

Amazing work eggman!Those switches are just...amazing!they look real &apls

eggman121

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: vortext on February 13, 2014, 03:40:08 AM
Fantastic work!  &apls

Just curious, how many T21s are required for FAR pieces, taking orientation, flipping, mirroring and all that into account?  &Thk/(

I assume you are talking about the switch
I have not done all Flips yet but with all rotations covered and flipped it would take the whole allocation of 16 unique exemplars on all the different rotations for a tile. Maybe less if I can share rotations (eg North South) but I don't think that will be the case.

The Straight FAR took 8 exemplars per tile. In my experiences you have to go by the sc4path file for some transit items for T21ing

-eggman121

vester

fefenc

Quote from: eggman121 on February 08, 2014, 02:16:55 PM
Wires have come FAR3 way :D

Yep that is the orthogonal, Diagonal and Partial FARRW Straight Sections done. It was no easy task. I had to find the corresponding SC4path Files to T21 the catenaries props onto the puzzle pieces. What is more, the calculations where zorked to say the least with many attempts to correctly place the wires. The wires themselves where easy enough to make. So while the straights are almost done the next task will be to put catenaries on the WRC and FAR3 turnouts and curves which will be well... Fun

-eggman121

This is amazing! Even I who hate everything related to Railroad Stuff (Maxis or Modded) am waiting for this :D

Gugu3

Willy, I know you like to surprise people but could you give us just an idea of what you're planning to do with RRW?the basic RAM and STR set has been almost completed...

memo

Quote from: Gugu3 on February 14, 2014, 03:01:10 AM
Willy, I know you like to surprise people but could you give us just an idea of what you're planning to do with RRW?the basic RAM and STR set has been almost completed...

Currently, there's not much going on. Willy is very busy with RL and, on top of that, doesn't have an operable machine. It is likely that the remaining issues of the released stuff get tackled first, before any significant new additions, but as there's literally no progress at the moment, as with most parts of the NAM, there's really nothing to tell about.

Gugu3

Thanks for your prompt reply Memo!was just curious ;) I know Willy is busy/not really operative at the moment and agree about the fact that some issues have to be tackled first!
Enjoying eggman work in the meanwhile $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Indiana Joe

If you flip back through the thread you can find lots of info Willy has given about future content.

eggman121

Thanks for all the previous positive comments :thumbsup:.

Anyway while willy is away I may try to pitch in with some new content.

The one set of items that is preventing me from using the RRW in my cities is Bridges... So I decided to make some  :D. Here is the first one. I have some stone Viaducts coming but here is the first Bridge I have managed to BAT.

It replaces the Undertruss Bridge in my installation but the hope is to have it as an additional bridge. The wake effect T21 on the pylon kills the catenaries >:(, so dedicated bridge IIDs will probably be needed to get around the problem.

This is my first attempt at bridge building so feel free to comment on where I can improve.

-eggman121

MandelSoft

I see you need some tight LODding there to make correct the appearance of the pylon. I also miss horizontal cross-beams from a construction engineering perspective.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

Nice attempt eggman!it's good to hear you're getting more involved in the project! &apls

agunter999

Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin