• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RepublicMaster

Great work Eggman121! These will revolutionize the game. I hope you can work out how to do the curves. :)

FrankU

Hi Eggman,

I hope you found your sanity back? If not: take a look under your bed. It's probably hiding there.  ?=mad)=

Anyway: this is outstanding!

Gugu3

eggman121

Thanks for the comments guys  :thumbsup:

Quote from: FrankU on June 27, 2013, 01:41:05 AM
Hi Eggman,

I hope you found your sanity back? If not: take a look under your bed. It's probably hiding there.  ?=mad)=

I think you will find au $600 worth of HO scale train set under my bed lol. Have no where else to put it  :D

FrankU

Huh, I stored mine in boxes in the attic.. Don't know if they still work, they have been stored for more than 30 years by now. And I have moved them through about 6 houses during my adult life.

gn_leugim

art128

that's some seriously awesome work guys!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sunv123

Amazing Work Willy and Eggman! :thumbsup:

The work that you guys are doing.... just blows my mind! :o

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

noahclem

That looks pretty close Willy  &apls &apls  It's fun thinking about the footprints.

Great work on the diagonals, especially with the slopes Eggman  :thumbsup:

CityTycoon

Wow! This incredibly impressive! With this kind of quality and knowledge the NAM team could probably pull off a rebirth of the old Transport Tycoon games hahaha!

Keep up the amazing work!  &apls

Earwhyckque

^ True that :) Is someone willing to mod the OpenTTD simulation into SimCity 4, using the incredible stuff that is produced here? ;)

Willy, one remark on the FARR pieces (sorry to be nitpicking here; they look great): in the screen shots the rails appear to be just a liiittle off the centre line... Is it something only I notice? Then forget it of course ;)

Great work, both of you!

Swordmaster

Quote from: Earwhyckque on June 27, 2013, 01:27:31 PMWilly, one remark on the FARR pieces (sorry to be nitpicking here; they look great): in the screen shots the rails appear to be just a liiittle off the centre line... Is it something only I notice? Then forget it of course ;)

Not sure in what way you mean that. Do you see line-up problems?

Cheers
Willy

Earwhyckque

No, it's just that there seems to be more ballast on the 'north' side of the track then 'south':

Do you see what I mean? It may be only apparent in these pieces, from this angle...

Swordmaster

I think it's an optical illusion. That's because these textures are actually flat, but the eye wants to see them as three-dimensional.

Oh, and the reason why I put in the trees is that the attentive visitor might notice the trees are on the same tile as the rails, which also explains how this setup is possible without any new coding or textures. It's a long-standing public request to reduce waste of tiles.

Like this:

Which also means this is possible:

Cheers
Willy

threestooges

You're starting to scare me Willy, you know that? I like it. Very nice work, and good to see you've been able to keep as few tiles wasted as possible. It'll still require some careful zoning around the tracks, but it's nice to know we can at least get nature up close to the tracks (much to the joy of engineers who will then be dodging said nature).
-Matt

weixc812

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 27, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
I think it's an optical illusion. That's because these textures are actually flat, but the eye wants to see them as three-dimensional.

Oh, and the reason why I put in the trees is that the attentive visitor might notice the trees are on the same tile as the rails, which also explains how this setup is possible without any new coding or textures. It's a long-standing public request to reduce waste of tiles.

Like this

Which also means this is possible:

Cheers
Willy
This is absolutely stunning. &apls &apls I see the facelift illustration and that's what I want most from all kinds of the old textured railway Mod.
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Shroud

The developments I see in this thread are nothing short of stunning. I can't wait for these.

Swordmaster

Yikes, majhost down. I did it the hard way and went back to photobucket to show you guys today's work.

Ideal for your big station approaches.

We are still in the realms of draggable setups, and these two took quite a bit of coding to get right (and two new textures, but since I have the master files split up by layer they were peanuts).

Cheers
Willy

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Have the group discussed bringing the HSR mod into the RRW Project? It too is in need of a facelift.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....