• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General Discussion

Started by dedgren, April 05, 2007, 07:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

By the way, where can I find c.p.'s new houses? Are they on the LEX?

Tarkus

Dustin, I believe c.p. has uploaded a couple house packs onto the LEX, the Early 19th Century American series.  I had the lower wealth ones installed and they were growing like weeds in Argentum's southern suburbs. 

I just found the new R$$ pack a few minutes ago, and I haven't messed around with them yet, but from the pics, they actually look exactly like Early 21st Century Oregon Homes.  I don't know what Midwestern suburban subdivisions exactly look like though, but I concur with Aaron (pickled_pig) that these do fill a nice niche, and they are at least something I've wanted/needed desperately for a long time. 

As far as the big tall buildings go, I think that both the Tower Life and the Biogen buildings are very good choices.  The Biogen does look a bit on the short side (my rough guesstimate of its height would be about 20 stories), so it would really depend on how much we want to limit that factor of Pineshore.  I'd be curious to see what David thinks.

-Alex

Edit as of 4:01pm PDT, 4/12/2007: I should have an announcement about the RHW within the next couple of days. ;)

mightygoose

i would have said that don miguel and marczar stuff was compulsory, for urban renewal you could drop in some dusktrooper lofts, much of the new ITS stuff, BLaM's Haven Lofts.

as for signature buildings, i live UK and the graduation of density from rural to urban is much shallower. my town of 140,000 residents has a tallest building with 15 floors, a second with 13, a third with 10 and then nothing over 6
but in america i reckon 20 - 25 floors would be appropriate.
my candidates for suggestion

probably the single most underappreciated release on the STEX [linkie]

29 floors this one so abit high but nice and distinctive [linkie]

this would need to be relotted [linkie]

there was one more 1920's style one... ill dig out a pic from my region.

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

I'm going to read through all this really carefully and will be posting a synopsis/my thoughts later tonight.

Thanks for your patience- I'm literally beset by RL stuff,

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Hey, Alex! Thanks for the heads-up on those houses, I got them downloaded!

mightygoose: You're right about those buildings. They're not only great, but underappreciated. This was the first time I've seen them, and I just downloaded all three of them.

vab423

Quote from: dedgren on April 13, 2007, 06:13:21 PM

Hopefully, not bubbles!   :P

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

BigSlark

I hope RLS isn't horrible this weekend, David.

I assume that RHW is now a must for 3RR Collaboration?  ;)

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. If I get my RHW conflict figured out soon I'll post the good Midwestern houses I have installed to this thread, just to give people ideas.

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

vab423: That article is hilarious! Could you imagine all those soap bubbles all over the streets?!!?

vab423

Yeah, sorry for going off-topic, but I thought Wasilla was close to where D. Edgren lived and would find this amusing.  (thanks for getting a chuckle, thundercrack).  I'm leaving now.   %BUd%

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

barnatom

In case you haven't seen it allready, I have started a topic about the plugins collection to use in our 3RR project.

Please have a look and leave your comments here.

Thomas

Pat

Quote from: dedgren on April 13, 2007, 06:13:21 PM
I'm going to read through all this really carefully and will be posting a synopsis/my thoughts later tonight.

David

David hi ummm i thinks its a little much later lol.
I was also wondering is all assigned yet? - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

LOL, Pat- It's much later (and several 100 posts deep in our Collaboration Team private threads), but this thread is now back up active for public comment, and we hope we'll see some as the results of our common plugins folder development effort begins to filter out to the outside world.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

meinhosen

David, I'm not sure if your team has thought of using this building for a low-rise downtown building.  I've always enjoyed seeing it grow in my cities and thought that it might fit in well with your project.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

barnatom

Thank you, meinhosen, for suggesting the 'Deco Incorporated'.

Well, nothing is decided yet, but it is on the suggestion list and I don't see any reasons, why it shouldn't make it into the final collection.

Thomas

Thundercry

I am wondering is it's not too late to join the collaboration. ()what() If I can i'd like to get something rural (small town) with a freeway and/or a rail line.