• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Don't worry, I managed to remove the sidebar with SA's help.
Thanks for the -1 Karma by the way. I don't see how I was rude enough to warrant a -1, but that's your decision.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jeronij

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 24, 2011, 04:47:10 AM
The glitch I raised earlier on this page hit again - I wonder why, never used to happen with the old forum software. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am experiencing this issue sometimes in IE, but never in FF. I have to look further into it.

Also, sc4devotion.com/forums/index goes to the home page, whatever it is (it also removes the actual forum link below the top navigation bar). Can this be fixed so that the aforementioned link goes to the forum index like it's supposed to, instead of going sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php&action=forum?

It's only logical...

You have a button in the menu which goes to the forums. You can also copy the link and make it your homepage.

Another thing:

Sorry, but the sidebar just doesn't work very well - would much prefer that there only be a single navigation bar (in fact, it seems kind of redundant considering that the sidebar a. doesn't stay in a fixed position so it goes with you as you scroll down, b. you have to scroll up anyway to access it)

Cant see the issue here. Just hide it.

Quote from: jeronij on July 24, 2011, 04:29:02 AM
Quote from: jdenm8 on July 24, 2011, 04:26:36 AM
Also, how can we get rid of this crappy new sidebar and go back to the former style?

You cant.

You should clarify your response: there is in fact an option to minimise the left sidebar so it no longer can be seen. I've done that myself so I get back some valuable screen space.

You cant get rid of that crappy bar because there is no crappy bar. There is just a helpful forums quick links menu. Hope this answers this other post:

Quote from: jdenm8 on July 24, 2011, 04:49:22 AM
Don't worry, I managed to remove the sidebar with SA's help.
Thanks for the -1 Karma by the way. I don't see how I was rude enough to warrant a -1, but that's your decision.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Quote from: Simcitler on July 24, 2011, 04:44:35 AM
Hello, you seem to be using the old SC4D 2008 Theme, which is not compatible with the new forums version. I have reset all the members themes to the current, which is the only one that can be used at the moment. Please, try again :)
I've tried several times now, deleted all my cookies, and reloaded the site with Ctrl+F5.
The theme is the new one, but whenever klicking on the Nam How-Tos and Tutorial subforum it changes back to the 2008 theme. This happens only in this subforum.  ()what()

I can access quite normally to that page. Are you using IExplorer?. Did you try to clear your IE cache files? <-- Oops, I meant temporary files ...

Hope it helps :)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Lowkee33

Things are looking good on K-Meleon :)

I notice the homepage has what appears to be a post from every thread from the SC4D Goings On section.  Can we change this thread, or perhaps set it to show the last post (it often shows the first)?  Thanks

I hope I win the Popular Poll  :D

Edit:  Thanks for increasing the board width.

I am seeing the thread navigator, right now we are "Sim City 4 Devotion Forums » Forum » Sim City 4 Devotion Related » SC4Devotion Requests and Issues (Moderators: freedo50, BarbyW) » SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...".  This overlaps into the next section of the page, right now going over "Online" up top, and "Jump To" down below.   

Simcitler

Quote from: jeronij on July 24, 2011, 05:31:06 AM
I can access quite normally to that page. Are you using IExplorer?. Did you try to clear your IE cache files? <-- Oops, I meant temporary files ...
I'm using Firefox 5.0; problem still exists.

jeronij

Quote from: Lowkee33 on July 24, 2011, 06:13:55 AM
Things are looking good on K-Meleon :)

I notice the homepage has what appears to be a post from every thread from the SC4D Goings On section.  Can we change this thread, or perhaps set it to show the last post (it often shows the first)?  Thanks

I hope I win the Popular Poll  :D

Edit:  Thanks for increasing the board width.

I am seeing the thread navigator, right now we are "Sim City 4 Devotion Forums » Forum » Sim City 4 Devotion Related » SC4Devotion Requests and Issues (Moderators: freedo50, BarbyW) » SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...".  This overlaps into the next section of the page, right now going over "Online" up top, and "Jump To" down below.   

We are still working with the main page, which may suffer many changes in the incoming future... ;)

I'll also work a bit with the linktree font size ;)

Quote from: Simcitler on July 24, 2011, 06:15:14 AM
Quote from: jeronij on July 24, 2011, 05:31:06 AM
I'm using Firefox 5.0; problem still exists.

Really weird... ??? ... I made some testing and it went well in IE9, FF5, Safari 5 but not in Chrome 12. I got the same page you got ¡¡ Really annoying to tell you the truth ... ;)

I'll try to investigate further :)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vortext

Minor detail: in the left sidebar, under 'diaries' it says cassics instead of cLassics

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

jeronij

Quote from: vortext on July 24, 2011, 10:40:03 AM
Minor detail: in the left sidebar, under 'diaries' it says cassics instead of cLassics

Solved :) ¡¡

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

joelyboy911

I notice there are a large number of banners asking me to subscribe. I have considered a subscription, and the NZD-EUR  exchange rate is not bad at the moment, but sometimes there are just too many banners! I mean when they appear right atop eachother such as this one in Alex's Belgian BAT's thread.

The way it appears like a thread reply also looks a bit messy, the page would look cleaner if it was just the banner, without the "Re:" and "Quote" etc:

I know the site needs more money, but having 10 or more banners on every page really is a lot. Especially when the rules on signatures read as follows:

"the use by many members of large sigs serves to create a "bazaar" effect in forum threads, detracting from the comments and images that are the threads purpose in the first place.  Think of a road through a scenic area lined by a multitude of billboards- you get the point."

Just my two cents, and I do like many aspects of the forum's new look. And yes, I know the easy way to get rid of the banners is to subscribe!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

jacksunny

I agree, at least have it so the banners between each post don't seem like they are their own reply to the topic. It will save space.

And I also noticed that the news section in the header doesn't transition to each item anymore. It only changes when you go to a new page. Is this meant to be like that?

catty

When I was looking at the "Tinyportal" in your "Profile" under "Articles ... Settings" I got this error message

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/jeronij/public_html/forums/Sources/TPmodules.php on line 1120
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jondor

Quote from: Simcitler on July 24, 2011, 04:22:45 AM
The topic overview in NAM How-Tos and Tutorials seems to be "buggy", if the left panel is activated. You can find the topics by scrolling down. If the panel is not activated everything is fine. (my settings: 1024x768)

with panel activated // without panel

Hello, you seem to be using the old SC4D 2008 Theme, which is not compatible with the new forums version. I have reset all the members themes to the current, which is the only one that can be used at the moment. Please, try again :)

Quote from: jdenm8 on July 24, 2011, 04:26:36 AM
That forum is broken overall. If you go into any of those threads, you'll find that the posts are all mangled together and it's hard to read the thread.

Also, how can we get rid of this crappy new sidebar and go back to the former style?

You cant.

I'm also seeing the old theme in that sub-forum, ever since the new forum software was installed.  I haven't touched any theme settings under my profile.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

I didn't see the old theme popping up when I went in there, but looking over the settings for that board, I noticed it was set to use SC4D_08  as the theme.  Try it now and let me know if it's fixed.

-Alex

jondor

Quote from: Tarkus on July 25, 2011, 07:52:00 PM
I didn't see the old theme popping up when I went in there, but looking over the settings for that board, I noticed it was set to use SC4D_08  as the theme.  Try it now and let me know if it's fixed.

-Alex

Bingo, fixed!  That makes it much easier to browse.  It wasn't just the sub-forum, all the threads were borked as well, but it's all looking good now.  :thumbsup:
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MithSimCity

This is a minor bug but I thought I should report it. In the left panel, the link to gameplay tutorials is broken due to an extra period:

the link is like this:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index..php?board=55.0

and it should be like this:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=55.0

Simcitler

Quote from: Tarkus on July 25, 2011, 07:52:00 PM
Thank you for fixing that issue. :thumbsup:

jeronij

Quote from: MithSimCity on July 27, 2011, 04:36:42 PM
This is a minor bug but I thought I should report it. In the left panel, the link to gameplay tutorials is broken due to an extra period:

the link is like this:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index..php?board=55.0

and it should be like this:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=55.0

Fixed¡¡. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CaptCity

Looked through the thread, but I didn't see mention of this (or maybe I just missed it)... The "NAM", "EA Support", and "Boxes?" buttons under the "SC4D Suggests" sign on the left side of forum pages are linking to empty pages.

Thanks and sorry if this was asked/explained elsewhere.

Edit: Let me amend the above... When I am logged on, the above is true. When I am not logged on, I can see the NAM and Boxes pages, but still not EA Support. This is true for Firefox, IE, and Chrome. Is this one of those settings things?

DCMetro2834

Hmm, I don't really think this is the right place for this... but I don't think it's necessary to just start a new topic.

I was wondering if you have the option to switch between member labels. For example, if a member is on multiple teams, of if a member is on a team and has the subscription with the member label. Would they have a way to choose between them, or is the last one that was given to you?

Thanks! :)

DC