• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAS71

Thank you for reply Jeroni san, and for your hard work everyday, too. ;)

Quote from: jeronij on July 11, 2011, 11:48:56 AM
Mas san, can you please tell me what files are missing  :o ? And also, what kind of update were you trying to make to that file?.

I tested to "Edit" --> (no changed) --> "Click To Update" in all of my works on LEX. Now I got find a law that a problem happned !! "$Deal"$

Pages that uploaded a zip which NOT INCLUDED an Installer(.exe file) are worked normally !!  ;)
Becours, all of my PROP-PACKs(not Installer) could edited right, but all of SC4Lot-files(Installer files) are could not edited. $%Grinno$%

However,
About latest ZIP files and Images(Main and Second) were uploaded correctly. ;)
Only "Item Description:(htm code)" was not uploaded right with all same error-code. $%Grinno$%

Page top : UPDATE LEX_LOTS SET CATID=42, LOTDESC='
Page bottom : ', TYPEID=3 WHERE LOTID=xxxxx

Will these be any hint for solved a problem?
Thanks again for your helps Jeroni san. :)

-K.Masuda

hkboondoggle

Report: Attached files of all post are missing. This issue includes the vanish of patches of NWM & TuLEP, 3rd party Enablers for BSC Functional Seaports, etc.

MAS71

I checked my works on LEX today too, a problem is not solved yet... $%Grinno$%

Hummm..... Some starange in LEX today too. :P
In a page, no-image(deleted first-image, but no problem about second-image)
In a page, ZIP file is deleted and file-size is "0 KB". (I alrady re-upload a zip)

Is LEX having some maintaining now ?
Should I DO NOT some action on LEX now?
and
A deleted work that I uploaded few days ago, It would be return ? or I should upload it again ?
:-[  :-[  :-[

by the way....
To guys of BSC team. Can you edit normally your work's page on LEX ?  ()what()
Are there some strange issue in your page ?

jeronij

Please MAS san, and all other LEX uploaders.

DONT UPLOAD NEW FILES, OR UPDATE EXISTING FILES IN THE LEX for the time being  $%Grinno$% . The missing files in the LEX are lost (6 of them) , and will need to be uploaded again  :(. Any file that is modified currently can also be lost  :o .

When the issue is solved, we will inform you. Downloading works fine for the  moment, but uploading does not, and we are looking whats going on :)

Thanks for your patience  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

MAS71

Quote from: jeronij on July 14, 2011, 09:33:16 AM
Please MAS san, and all other LEX uploaders.

DONT UPLOAD NEW FILES, OR UPDATE EXISTING FILES IN THE LEX for the time being  $%Grinno$% . The missing files in the LEX are lost (6 of them) , and will need to be uploaded again  :(. Any file that is modified currently can also be lost  :o .

When the issue is solved, we will inform you. Downloading works fine for the  moment, but uploading does not, and we are looking whats going on :)

Thanks for your patience  :thumbsup:

Yes, I understand.  :thumbsup:  :-X
Thank you for a big update and hard wroks Jeroni san !! :)
Please let us know when need some test and more. ;)

dobdriver

Thank goodness I only lost one file and some comments. Thanks Jeronij for your continuing efforts to solve this problem.  &apls

I see Cockatoo has uploaded his new building. Has the lex issues been resolved? or is this a test to check what is going on?

Cheers
dobs

jeronij

Hi there, we are working on it, but we can not confirm that eveyrhitng is fixed again yet. As soon as it is, I'll post it here ;)

Again thanks for your patience and understanding ¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

z

Since yesterday, all the new attachments we've added to the RTMT board have disappeared.  ()sad()

marsh

Any reason why there are massive donate banners between every post? Just a glitch or?  ???

jeronij

Quote from: z on July 16, 2011, 03:43:42 PM
Since yesterday, all the new attachments we've added to the RTMT board have disappeared.  ()sad()

Please, check again. There's a problem with the attachments of the previous forums version, and I am working to try to solve it. But the last files should be available again ;)

Quote from: marsh on July 16, 2011, 03:56:34 PM
Any reason why there are massive donate banners between every post? Just a glitch or?  ???

Not a glitch at all. It is just to recall our members that the site's maintenance is not free :) . Btw, a subscription will remove them all.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

greckman

I cant change my profile information like the signature and avatar. Some other people can't do that either. However some people can change that.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

z

Quote from: jeronij on July 17, 2011, 02:31:54 AM
Quote from: z on July 16, 2011, 03:43:42 PM

Please, check again. There's a problem with the attachments of the previous forums version, and I am working to try to solve it. But the last files should be available again ;)

You're right - all the recent attachments have returned.  Thanks!

Although now I've noticed a new problem.  In replying to this message, I was going to put a nice "thumbs up" after the "Thanks!"  But not only are the smileys gone, all the formatting buttons of all types are gone.  I tried this in various places with both "Quote" and "Reply", and the problem appears to exist everywhere.

Lowkee33

Quote from: z on July 17, 2011, 12:28:05 PMBut not only are the smileys gone, all the formatting buttons of all types are gone.

I've got things here
But then, 20 minutes have passed.  Are you running an ad-blocking program or make any other changes to your browser perhaps?

@Jeroni:  :thumbsup:

jeronij

Quote from: greckman on July 17, 2011, 12:02:51 PM
I cant change my profile information like the signature and avatar. Some other people can't do that either. However some people can change that.

Hello, regarding this, some changes have been made to try to promote the site's subscriptions, and these changes include granting to the subscriptors exclusive access to several features, specially the most resource consuming ones, which were before available for all the regular members. These features are:
QuoteView more forums Stats and Info: Forums Stats, Staff List, Who's online...
Profile Customization and Information: Additional profile settings, Custom Title, View other's members profiles and stats, Upload a custom avatar, Use a remote avatar...
No Advertisements or banners at all. Enjoy a top speed and cleaner forums browsing experience ¡¡
Extra Posting Functions: Ability to lock own topics, post attachments, post polls...
View the Karma Log. Know about how reputation is managed in our community.
And more features to come...

Quote from: z on July 17, 2011, 12:28:05 PM

You're right - all the recent attachments have returned.  Thanks!

Although now I've noticed a new problem.  In replying to this message, I was going to put a nice "thumbs up" after the "Thanks!"  But not only are the smileys gone, all the formatting buttons of all types are gone.  I tried this in various places with both "Quote" and "Reply", and the problem appears to exist everywhere.

I'm glad that the last attachments are back  :thumbsup: ¡¡, and I dont understand exactly what the problem with the ¡cons was. If you are referring to the quick reply box at the bottom of each topic, which included all the icons and edit buttons in the same topic page, unfortunately this feature has not been included in the new forums version yet. Lets give some time to time ;) . I just wrote this post without any issue, and seeing all the icons ¡¡  :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

z

Quote from: jeronij on July 17, 2011, 12:59:37 PM
I dont understand exactly what the problem with the ¡cons was. If you are referring to the quick reply box at the bottom of each topic, which included all the icons and edit buttons in the same topic page, unfortunately this feature has not been included in the new forums version yet. Lets give some time to time ;)

No, I was referring to the full Reply and Quote boxes.

QuoteI just wrote this post without any issue, and seeing all the icons ¡¡  :thumbsup:

Yes, and now they're back for me, too.  Very strange!  ???

riiga

Quote from: jeronij
View more forums Stats and Info: Forums Stats, Staff List, Who's online...
And if a regular member wants to contact a member of staff, that would mean they would have to browse the forums to find one instead of just getting a list of staff. Not good.

Profile Customization and Information: Additional profile settings, Custom Title, View other's members profiles and stats, Upload a custom avatar, Use a remote avatar...
Way to go and punish members for not subscribing. I know lots of our members are quite young and/or students and have little or no money to spend, and can't subscribe or donate even if they want to. I can see why uploading a custom avatar can be resource intense, but linking to an avatar offsite? And disallowing the viewing of member profiles? Sure if you're just a guest, then that's usually the case, but if you have an account you ought to be able to at least view another member's profile. Removing that is just rude.  :thumbsdown:

No Advertisements or banners at all. Enjoy a top speed and cleaner forums browsing experience ¡¡
A good selling point. Can't argue here.

Extra Posting Functions: Ability to lock own topics, post attachments, post polls...
As long as you still can PM moderators so they'll lock your topic, that is ok. Attachments, ok. It's easy to upload your file on another service these days. But polls... that is no way intense for the forum software.

As long as you can see their general score on the posts they make, no problem here.

More restrictions for the contributing members of this community?  ()sad()

And I don't mean to be overly negative, but adding more restrictions is never good for a community, especially not when demanding money in return for them. If all forums I've ever browsed can have these features (or similar), why can't SC4D have them anymore?

marsh

So unless I want to change any profile information, you're seriously saying that I have to pay (which I can't) Just to change my avatar, which is free on literally almost every other forum out there. I really fail to see why this is happening.

jeronij

Quote from: riiga on July 17, 2011, 01:47:29 PM
View more forums Stats and Info: Forums Stats, Staff List, Who's online...
And if a regular member wants to contact a member of staff, that would mean they would have to browse the forums to find one instead of just getting a list of staff. Not good.

Way to go and punish members for not subscribing. I know lots of our members are quite young and/or students and have little or no money to spend, and can't subscribe or donate even if they want to. I can see why uploading a custom avatar can be resource intense, but linking to an avatar offsite? And disallowing the viewing of member profiles? Sure if you're just a guest, then that's usually the case, but if you have an account you ought to be able to at least view another member's profile. Removing that is just rude.  :thumbsdown:

A good selling point. Can't argue here.

As long as you still can PM moderators so they'll lock your topic, that is ok. Attachments, ok. It's easy to upload your file on another service these days. But polls... that is no way intense for the forum software.

As long as you can see their general score on the posts they make, no problem here.

More restrictions for the contributing members of this community?  ()sad()

And I don't mean to be overly negative, but adding more restrictions is never good for a community, especially not when demanding money in return for them. If all forums I've ever browsed can have these features (or similar), why can't SC4D have them anymore?

All those arguments are totally understable but they wont be changed by the time being. As a curiosity I will mention that the forums have currently 66653 members. Lets say that 10% are unactivated or wrong accounts. That leaves us 60000 members. In the LEX there are 143,826 members, minus that 10% means 129443 members. Lets say that every forums member has a LEX account, so the total number of members in the site is +/-130.000. Currently there are 11, yes, eleven, subscriptors, or people actively supporting the maintenance costs. 130.000 against 11. Not that bad.

In my opinion the forums and the LEX are perfectly usable for all the members as they were before. Only some cosmetic features and extra infos have been changed. No more resctrictions are to come to the regular members permissions, but it is possible that new features are made available for subscriptors only.

Finally, the mentioned changes are for regular members only. People who belongs to any of the contributive teams who actively participate in the site and in the community keep having the mentioned features.

Regarding last marsh's post, and as mentioned in above, there are other ways to get those features without the need to donate.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

marsh

How do you determine if a member is actively contributing to the community? Just because they're not part of a team does not mean they don't contribute. Many, a lot do.

Mithokey

I am not happy about what is going on here... very unfair. I am young and will not be able to pay anything. Most people are young and wont be able to pay anything.

Just because I don't post a ton of stuff means I should be punished or something?