• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

I notice that the national flags that used to appear below each member's name and avatar in posts are missing since the upgrade.  This is certainly not a site-breaker by any means, but it's just a minor detail I noticed.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sumwonyuno

Hello jeronij,

Thanks all for your hard work.  I noticed the site was back up in the morning (for me), went down for for a few hours, and it's back up now.  Though I made posts earlier, and now they're gone.   &cry2  Did something bad happen and you had to restore to a backup?

Also, one of the times today during the past few hours, instead of the maintenance page, I got something about a "alldeny" error and a directory of a .php page.  I don't mean to scold, but security is always important.   :)  Might want to lock down stuff so ordinary users (and hackers) don't see interesting error messages.  I wish I knew more specifics on locking down php and servers to help.

[Edit]:  I'm seeing these "Sim City 4 Devotion Forums" posts in between posts in threads, with the timestamp as the previous post.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

mave94

Good to see the forum being back. It seems like the BBcode for tables has changed, because all the tables are 'gone' now. Could that be solved?
I've also seen that some member labels could not be shown. <-

jeronij

Hello to all,

Regarding the sudden forums shut down last night, and the posts posted since that time, which hopefully wont be too much, unfortunately was due to a bad move from the hosting support, which did overwrite all the files in the new server, instead of copying only the missing files in the LEX... this did break the forums and this morning when I noticed it I just could restore a backup that I had from last night :( On the positive side of things, we have recovered the full LEX :D ¡¡

Some of the previous existing plugins are lost after the upgrade because there are no compatible versions of them. Most of these plugins were not critical, but helpful ;) , so I wont try to make them compatible. There are some which are critical, like the tabular tables code, forums downloads and and the awards mod which I'll try to install in this version of the forums.

The old theme is not compatible with this version of the forums. I used some of the styles and graphics to create this one, but not sure if the old one will be back again nor when would it happen :(

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding. There are also many other minor tweaks to make here and there, but hopefully you wont even notice them ;) ¡¡

EDIT: Oh¡, and you can add again your flags in your profiles if you wish to do so. Unfortunately the new version of the pluggin does not use the old settings.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacksunny

Hello all,
I no longer have the new forum layout, I am now back to the default Simple Machines one. It isn't really annoying, I am just wondering why. Is it only temporarily? Is it only happening to me? How can you switch it back?

Thanks,
Jack

jeronij

Quote from: jacksunny on July 06, 2011, 06:48:02 AM
Hello all,
I no longer have the new forum layout, I am now back to the default Simple Machines one. It isn't really annoying, I am just wondering why. Is it only temporarily? Is it only happening to me? How can you switch it back?

Thanks,
Jack

Should be ok now... :)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacksunny

Quote from: jeronij on July 06, 2011, 07:01:15 AM
Quote from: jacksunny on July 06, 2011, 06:48:02 AM
Hello all,

Thanks,
Jack

Should be ok now... :)
Indeed it is... Thanks  ;D

Girafe

Could we recover the european flag please  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sim-al2

To get your flag back if you still haven't already done so, you need to reset your country in your profile.

<< ;D

Also, I can see a phantom set of "Quote, Modify, Remove" buttons and even a time-stamp under my post as though I had posted below myself but these buttons do nothing.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Girafe

In fact the european flag was not in the flags database in the former version of the forum and Jeronij added it nicely on my demand.

Think it will be the same process with the new layout even if I understand that it's not a priority.

Just to remember that all the citizens of the 25 countries of the UE are at first europeer and after german, french or whatelse  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

z

Some browsers support a feature whereby the input text box of a posting can be resized, both horizontally and vertically.  I have found that this comes in very handy when making long posts (which I am notorious for doing  :D ).  In the old forums, this feature worked both horizontally and vertically.  When the new forums first came out, this feature worked for vertical resizing, but not horizontal.  Now, in the same SMF forums, it doesn't work at all.  The fact that it changed so quickly would seem to imply that it could be changed back.  Please, could the posting areas be fixed so that they can be resized both horizontally and vertically?  Thanks!  :)

EDIT:  I notice that this feature is fully operational in both directions in the Quick Reply box.

z

I just wanted to update my previous post about text box resizing.  It turns out that this is connected to the WYSIWYG editing function - when that function is turned on, the text box cannot be resized, but when it's turned off, resizing is possible in the vertical direction.  It would be nice to have resizing in the horizontal direction too, but the vertical direction is by far the most important, and as I have figured out how to make this work, the remaining issue is much less important now.

jdenm8

Found a few more:
Latest Posts on the main page (index.php) no longer works.
Transparency doesn't work on the navigation buttons on index.php, probably due to conversion from GIF/PNG to JPG.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

SC4BOY

Am I the only person who misses the post "page list" and "go down" button at the top of the page? I'd rather have that than the "go up" at the bottom.

jacksunny

I can't change my avatar. Currently, "No Avatar" is selected but it won't let me unselect it.

MAS71

Hello all  :)
May I sak about a problem of LEX here ?

Now, I trying to change(make modification) "Item Description" in my work's page on LEX.
One works was completed (no problem), but one work was not... &mmm
A page that has problem is here "JRP-Core Lot Pack(linkie)"

Finish a chenge it and click "Click To Update", It was not complete normally with this error-code following.

Page top : UPDATE LEX_LOTS SET CATID=42, LOTDESC='
Page bottom : ', TYPEID=3 WHERE LOTID=1674

Do yo have any idea ? ()what()

and
Some works which already uploaded are deleted in a LEX.  ;D
Are these works will come back ? or Should I re-upload again ?

Thank you for your help
-K.Masuda

jeronij

Mas san, can you please tell me what files are missing  :o ? And also, what kind of update were you trying to make to that file?. Can you send me the code you were pasting or modifying (use PM ;) )?

Any further information will be welcome  :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Quote from: jacksunny on July 10, 2011, 09:29:36 AM
I can't change my avatar. Currently, "No Avatar" is selected but it won't let me unselect it.

Please, check again. Regular users should be able to select a server stored avatar :)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Girafe

I had problem with the turn back button sometimes which doesn't work

If you select no countries in your profile you have a 00

No CML showing but I think it's a question of time.

Thanks for your work :)

EDIT:

The tile sc4d forum is strange but could we have a direct link to the forum home by clicking on this space  ;)
The Floraler