• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

no probs, didnt know it would be that easy :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Moonraker0

I often see many awesome-looking BATs on the "LEX Latests" slideshow on the site's homepage, but I am unable to get to them or figure out their names because clicking on the slideshow doesn't do anything.  When I click on it, the URL in the address bar changes to show http://www.sc4devotion.com/# instead of http://www.sc4devotion.com/, but that's it.  There isn't any error shown in the status bar.  My browser is Safari 5.0.1 for Windows.

WC_EEND

Yeah, I have that too, and I've always had it, so I assumed it was normal (I'm using Firefox)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

jeronij

Hello there,

The slide show is intended to bring you to the LEX, but no to an specific item inside it  ;)  Perhaps in a next upgrade we can make it more dynamic  :thumbsup: ¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Highrise99

Yesterday, when I attempted to go to SC4Devotion, the normal website didn't appear! Instead, there were several links to search the web on the left side and a picture on the right side. I didn't think to get a screenshot, but I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this problem yesterday. An explanation would be appreciated.

peter007

I did have this problem to highrise but I don't know anything about it

RadicalOne

I also had the issue, that page with a bunch of irrelevant links on the left and the creepy blonde woman on the right.

Usually, that page indicates the target site does not exist or no longer exists.
Which caused me a bit of a panic when I thought SC4D had been taken down.

RippleJet

unit2981

Tried to register for the LEX but the monkey didn't confirm my password. I am 110% percent sure it is my password.
Come and visit Kita-Kaikyo Prefecture!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14462">

jeronij

Quote from: unit2981 on October 24, 2010, 06:06:38 PM
Tried to register for the LEX but the monkey didn't confirm my password. I am 110% percent sure it is my password.

Pls, report LEX related issues here: LEX Support Board
(but make sure you lurk a bit first,and you'll surely find the solution to your problem  ;) )

Thanks  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Buzzit

im trying to change my avatar since i want another one.
but for some reason sc4D refuses to cooperate with this :P
when i tryed uploading a picture from my computer and the internet method
both do not work!
this picture with the orange background and the pylons gets back everytime i hit the button to save the new changes(forgot the name.. yeh i got a bad short term memory if you know what i mean.)

pepsibottle1

I don't know if this is the place to put this, but about 5 or 6 minutes ago, the entire site seemed to have crashed. I went to the main page, and there was some message saying:

sc4devotion.com
This site is temporarily unavailable.
Please notify the System Administrator

Again, hate to bump the thread but I wanted to give you guys a quick news flash to keep ya'll in the know. Also too, is it me, or SC4D seems a bit sluggish now?
I love Simcity 4!

Lowkee33

I think that there has just been a lot of traffic in the past few days.  I saw about 80 people on Sunday.

tmpNick

Hi

My true nick is 'payer0', i had to make new acc because I cant login.

Ive changed preferred forum language in my profile setting tab (to Polish).

Now I can only see:

Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Only main page appears correctly.

Can u fix it? or change 'prayer0' forum language back to English manually?

PS. Ive tried Opera, FF, IE.
Regards

jeronij

Quote from: tmpNick on January 01, 2011, 02:12:19 PM
Hi

My true nick is 'payer0', i had to make new acc because I cant login.

Ive changed preferred forum language in my profile setting tab (to Polish).

Now I can only see:

Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Only main page appears correctly.

Can u fix it? or change 'prayer0' forum language back to English manually?

PS. Ive tried Opera, FF, IE.
Regards

Hello there,

I have reverted the language to english so now you should be able to use your usual account. The parse error means that there is some translation missing in the polish files.... &mmm ... surely this will be fixed in a next software update. For the time being, dont use polish as the forums language ¡¡¡  ::)  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Andreas

This is a general problem that affects most SMF installations, esp. if you're using modifications. Usually, those only come with English text strings, and unfortunately, rather than using the English text in the other languages as well, the text is not displayed at all. This means one would have to add all text strings manually to the language files, which would take a lot of time even without translation...
Andreas

CarmineHilton

For some odd reason, I cannot edit my posts and profile... Why is this?
I remember I was able to do so, but that's quite a long while ago now.

RippleJet

Quote from: CarmineHilton on January 07, 2011, 04:14:50 AM
For some odd reason, I cannot edit my posts and profile... Why is this?
I remember I was able to do so, but that's quite a long while ago now.

Try again! ;)