• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Today I get a malware alert only on the thread http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8550 (Re: Svanskinahya | A small mosaic-preview !)

By the looks of the diagnostics URL I'd say it is an image embedded in that page..
EDIT: Specifically this one : http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/2299280948910_imageseule2cbd.jpg

Chrome gave me a diagnostics link which is this: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/2299280948910_imageseule2cbd.jpg&client=googlechrome&hl=en-GB

I hope this helps if SC4D has been infected or something

CasperVg

Yeah, I've had the same message appear on exactly the same location.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Andreas

I dont think that loading a pic from that server will harm your PC. I don't know this site, but it might be dangerous if you actually visit this site, but as long as the images are not prepared maliciously somehow, simply accessing the URL to a JPG won't cause any problems in your browser.
Andreas

Myself.or.?

As far as I agree with Andreas that opening an Image usually does not involve any risk, the site really seems funny. On one hand it doesn't seem to have done anything, but on the other hand it's reported to have (possibly?) infected 22 sites yesterday (18/04/2010).
Here is what I've got from 'Google Diagnostics':

"Navigazione sicura
Pagina di diagnostica per noelshack.com

Qual è lo stato corrente del sito noelshack.com?

Il sito è contrassegnato come sospetto. La visita di questo sito potrebbe danneggiare il tuo computer.

Parte di questo sito è stata contrassegnata come avente attività sospetta 1 volte nel corso degli ultimi 90 giorni.

Che cosa è successo quando Google ha visitato questo sito?

Delle 13 pagine che abbiamo testato sul sito negli ultimi 90 giorni, 0 pagine hanno causato il download e l'installazione di software dannosi senza l'autorizzazione dell'utente. L'ultima volta in cui Google ha visitato questo sito è stato il 2010-04-18, mentre l'ultima volta in cui sono stati rilevati contenuti sospetti su questo sito è stato il 2010-04-18.

Malicious software includes 125 trojan(s), 82 worm(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS16276 (OVH).

Questo sito ha operato da intermediario causando un'ulteriore distribuzione di malware?

Negli ultimi 90 giorni noelshack.com non sembra aver operato come intermediario per l'infezione di altri siti.

Questo sito ha ospitato malware?

Sì, questo sito ha ospitato software dannosi negli ultimi 90 giorni. Ha infettato 22 domini, tra cui trangcanhac.com/, kute18.info/, so2s.net/.

In che modo è avvenuto?

In alcuni casi, può succedere che un codice dannoso venga aggiunto a siti autentici da terzi causando la visualizzazione del nostro messaggio di avviso.

Passaggi successivi:

* Torna alla pagina precedente.
    * Se sei il proprietario di questo sito web, puoi richiedere che il sito venga esaminato utilizzando gli Strumenti per i Webmaster di Google. Per ulteriori informazioni sul processo di verifica dei siti, consulta il Centro assistenza Webmaster di Google."
The new SimCity4 Multiplayer. Interactive and in Multicolor.

http://www.simcitymultiplayer.com/forum.php
Join the Game NOW. Become a part of the Future.

jeronij

The warning shows in Chrome only. Not IE and not FF do show any warnings. I have installed AVG browser security, and nothing suspicious did happen when I visited the site using the mentioned browsers. Not sure it it is worth doing something here atm.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

thingfishs

FWIW safari shows a warning on the image

Silur

I haven't any problems with this ... My defence are - Dr.Web 19-04-2010 and Outpost Firewall 19-04-2010 ...
I'm with Andreas now ...

Jonathan

Well it will still stop everyone who uses chrome from being able to view that thread, without them clicking continue and tbh it is quite  :o to see it.

jeronij

Quote from: Jonathan on April 19, 2010, 01:19:14 PM
Well it will still stop everyone who uses chrome from being able to view that thread, without them clicking continue and tbh it is quite  :o to see it.

Perhaps, if you know the author, you could point him to this discussion, and ask him to change his images hosting site, or at least those hosted at s2.noelshack.com.... just an idea...  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Begabee

Good Day, I am sure this is a simple issue. I was trying to enter a subscription, but Paypal seems to believe that I should do this in Spanish. I checked that my profile is set to English, logged out and in again, but I am afraid Paypal is not budging. 

I would be most grateful if you could give Paypal a nudge, I would love to learn Spanish, but really do not have the time right now.

Many Thanks

joelyboy911

Hi Begabee, I know the source of your problem (I think). When I tried the same thing, it was in Spanish for me too. But going to the box that says "Pais" (which means country) and selecting Nueva Zelanda (New Zealand - the menu is in Spanish) or any other English-speaking nation should cause the page to reload in English.

Hope this works for you.

Best of luck and welcome to SC4Devotion.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Begabee

Ah! Many thanks for the response. I sort of guessed that may be the case; but being credit card details I was a bit wary of stabbing about in a site whose credentials were just a wee bit obscured. I guess someone out there regards us as being part of South America.

Many thanks once more.

joelyboy911

Quote from: Begabee on May 15, 2010, 02:19:48 AM
I guess someone out there regards us as being part of South America.

Many thanks once more.

I think it may be because it was set up by a Spaniard, Jeronij, who is the webmaster of this forum. I guess if the PayPal payment form was set up in Spanish, it regards Spanish and Spain as the default language and country.

At and rate, you're very welcome. I'm glad to help.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Highrise99

I've been trying to add a flash in my signature to advertise Elliptical Plaza, etc.  For example, joelyboy911 has just the kind of thing I want in my signature.  I will have links at the bottom.  The problem is, even though I've converted the *.wmv to *.flv and *.swf, And uploaded them to multiple hosting sites, just in case one wasn't working right, no matter what I do, the flash won't appear at the bottom of my signature.  Is something wrong or am I doing something wrong?

JoeST

Quote from: Highrise99 on June 27, 2010, 07:10:27 PM
I've been trying to add a flash in my signature to advertise Elliptical Plaza, etc.  For example, joelyboy911 has just the kind of thing I want in my signature.  I will have links at the bottom.  The problem is, even though I've converted the *.wmv to *.flv and *.swf, And uploaded them to multiple hosting sites, just in case one wasn't working right, no matter what I do, the flash won't appear at the bottom of my signature.  Is something wrong or am I doing something wrong?
they dont use flash in their sigs, its just a .gif image file.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Highrise99

Quote from: JoeST on June 27, 2010, 11:21:14 PM
they dont use flash in their sigs, its just a .gif image file.
I have image files, but how do they do the animation?

JoeST

I dont know, search for 'gif maker' or somesuch?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Highrise99

Quote from: JoeST on June 28, 2010, 11:10:26 AM
I dont know, search for 'gif maker' or somesuch?
Thank you.  As you can see in my signature, it worked.  Now I am just fine tuning the transition for a smooth effect.