• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAS71

@Pat san and JoeST san
Thank you for your adivices.  ;)
When I used IE6, I did not have this problem. $%Grinno$%
but I understand well about a lot of problem always are there in some browser. ;D

Ok, Thank you again friends!!
I'll use other browser when I need to do. ;)

and one more listen to my question please. "$Deal"$
Add a function "Export - Private Message" in Out(In) box.
Is it possible to easy?  No??
I want to back up all message for my good memries.(and for studying an English for me :P)
If it's not easy to do, I'll save each pages by manualy. ;)

Thank you.

sithlrd98

What I have done so that I can look back without logging in is , under your profile settings -> Personal Message Options ->Notify by email every time you receive a personal message:Always that way I have a copy in my e-mail folder!

Jayson

jeronij

Quote from: MAS71 on May 19, 2009, 11:31:24 AM

and one more listen to my question please. "$Deal"$
Add a function "Export - Private Message" in Out(In) box.
Is it possible to easy?  No??
I want to back up all message for my good memries.(and for studying an English for me :P)
If it's not easy to do, I'll save each pages by manualy. ;)

Thank you.

Mas san, I tried some available plugins for that purpose some time ago, and they were lacking the most basic features... it was not possible to select a range of messages nor to choose the export format (only xml was allowed at that moment)... I also recall that when I tried to export my pm, the server went totally blokecd during the process...  so I decided to not to install it.

Anyway, I'll make another check, and who knows?, perhaps there is a more current and suitable plugin currently... but I cant promise anything...  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

MAS71

@Sithlrd98 san
Oh yes, That is right !! I forgeting this. :-[
I'm already have this setting for PM. ;) but It's not included text-decorations and more. :P
however, Thank you always !!

@Jeronij san
Thank you for reply and your time Jeroni san. :)
It's ok ;), I don't understand well how hard to do it and about a codes. (Plugins, PHP, MySQL and more)  :-[
I hoped adding a function if it's easy to do. ;)

Ok, I'll wait for your any anounce about that while.
and I'll save pages by manualy when it would not possible.

Thank you again Jeroni san use your time !  ;)

cogeo

Hi,

I would like to report a problem with the forum software (I guess I'm not alone).

I'm using IE8, and when I'm writing a PM or forum post, and the text length exceeds the height of the text box (ie when the scroll-bars are displayed), it jumps upwards as you type. As one typically adds the text to the end of the PM/post, this is very annoying! So I have to use notepad, write the text there and then paste it into the text-box. I have also found this is fixed, if I click the "Compatibility View" button (only I have to remember it befor writing the post). Also, there problems with IE8 concerning the wiki project (wrong formatting). This is again fixed by clicking the "Compatibility View" button.

Maybe it's time to upgrade (pr fix) the forums SW to the latest standards. Don't know how much work this is though.

Thanks

JoeST

Quote from: cogeo on August 13, 2009, 11:55:32 AM
Hi,

I would like to report a problem with the forum software (I guess I'm not alone).

I'm using IE8, and when I'm writing a PM or forum post, and the text length exceeds the height of the text box (ie when the scroll-bars are displayed), it jumps upwards as you type. As one typically adds the text to the end of the PM/post, this is very annoying! So I have to use notepad, write the text there and then paste it into the text-box. I have also found this is fixed, if I click the "Compatibility View" button (only I have to remember it befor writing the post). Also, there problems with IE8 concerning the wiki project (wrong formatting). This is again fixed by clicking the "Compatibility View" button.

Maybe it's time to upgrade (pr fix) the forums SW to the latest standards. Don't know how much work this is though.

Thanks
That is purely a browser bug, its obviously rendering the html incorrectly. You should consider getting Firefox or Chrome or an alternative ;). Updating the forum software shouldnt fix anything, being that its the browsers faulty rendering.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

SC4BOY

I have a problem that is related to the "width" issue, but I don't think to the scrollbar thing. When I view the site, it automatically truncates my web image and puts black bars on each side. I cannot see all the text. If I could scroll over to it, that would be ok, but I cannot. There is no scrollbar at the bottom. It is "fixed". If there is something over that I THINK is important the only way for me to read it is to "quote" the message and then look at the message in the quote window. Here is what I mean:

EDIT: I resized the image so people can see it? (at least I can)

jeje.. this is funny.. I can't even see my own post edges.. :(  .. I hope you can see them. The black bars on the picture edge are not adjustable nor maneuverable as far as I can see. They just "cut off" the text and images

Anyway, is there any way anyone knows to make this work with a slider or something or for me to use a different setting for my webviewer?

Thanks

RippleJet

Removing those black edges would unfortunately not be enough for you to see everything in that particular thread...
Any chance you could increase your screen resolution to show more than 800 pixels horizontally?
The recommendation for Devotion is mentioned on the bottom of the main page:

Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SC4BOY

Quote from: RippleJet on August 16, 2009, 02:50:15 PM
Removing those black edges would unfortunately not be enough for you to see everything in that particular thread...
Any chance you could increase your screen resolution to show more than 800 pixels horizontally?
The recommendation for Devotion is mentioned on the bottom of the main page:

1024x768 is my viewing screen.. .I can make it wider, but the text starts to get so small it makes it difficult to read the text on many web sites..

JoeST

Have you tried it in a different browser?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

SC4BOY

Nope.. Are you seriously suggesting I change browsers because I can't read wide messages? This  is the only site I visit that effectively blocks wide content.. there is no checkmark, unwrap, windowed, etc that allows the width of the content to be viewed. This is especially annoying since a LOT of the detail technical content (for example my posted pic above) that is basically a spreadsheet which has a LOT of info beyond the edges..

Of course for normal "messaging and viewing" it works fine.. but there is no alternative..

jeronij

Quote from: SC4BOY on August 19, 2009, 01:16:34 AM
Nope.. Are you seriously suggesting I change browsers because I can't read wide messages? This  is the only site I visit that effectively blocks wide content.. there is no checkmark, unwrap, windowed, etc that allows the width of the content to be viewed. This is especially annoying since a LOT of the detail technical content (for example my posted pic above) that is basically a spreadsheet which has a LOT of info beyond the edges..

Of course for normal "messaging and viewing" it works fine.. but there is no alternative..

Unfortunately, after the last forums update some months ago, the code modification which allowed the forums to use horizontal scrollbars to scroll the windown content, was lost. This functionality is no longer available  &mmm

Using another browser (you dont have to change your favourite one, simply install an additional one) is not a so bad idea because every browser renders the pages differently, and a different one could make the trip for you. Or couldnt...  ::)

Another option would be to right click on the bigger pictures, and open them in a separate browser window or tab, this way you should be able to see them fully.

Btw, you are using the minimum resolution recommended to browse this site, but as you know, the minumun requirement do not mean the full features....  ::) .... Changing your monitor to a bigger one, which allows higher resolutions would be an improvement in your overall internet and gaming experience ... of course if you could afford it  ;)  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

simmaster07

Not a technical issue, but a security issue. I've been experimenting with an archive of SMF 1.1.5 and it seems that this is a known exploit where PHP code can be executed through avatars and load a shell for the hacker capable of reading settings, accessing the database and even delete files and settings.  :o I think it's been patched in the latest version of SMF, though (1.1.10).

Jonathan

When I open SC4D it always says I'm logged out, even though I've set it to be logged in forever, and then if I click on a link in the page, then without typing in my username and password it decides I'm logged in?

I have Cookies on and other sites remember me well, such as ST.
Is there something like the cache that I can change/do something to and it will remember me properly?

jeronij

The main page has been recently slightly updated. Did you try a login from there ?

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Jonathan

No it seems to be only when I open SC4D from fastdial, so it's probably a problem with that.
But it's just an inconvenience, btw what was updated?, when to me it felt like the site was offline for years :)

Gotlaub

Good evening my dear friends! I need your help in the next problem: I've installed my SC4 Deluxe edition on my laptop (Windows 7), and when I start the game it appears stretched. I don't think there's a resolution issue or a graphic card incompatibility. My last game played were on XP. Can anyone to help me on this problem? Thank you!!

Bobbi

I have a problem. ()sad()

Last night, I refresh the forum index, a page showed and it said:

I'm surprised. ??? ??? ??? But I have never done anything inappropriate. ()what()

I change the browser from Firefox to IE, I can enter the forum. :'(

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

RippleJet

That shouldn't be a problem anymore, Bobbi. ;)

thingfishs

Hi,
I've tried to add a link to my BAT thread that will show up in my posts, everyone else has them, I know it can't be that hard. But mine isn't showing up. I've added a complete url as directed "http etc". What am I doing wrong?