• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Effects

Started by Lowkee33, May 08, 2012, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HurricaneMod10

Thank you! but I can't be able to get a afford it. Anyway I need to get a help with this problem.

Quote from: whatevermind on January 29, 2013, 07:13:17 PM
Quote from: HurricaneMod10 on January 29, 2013, 05:59:29 PM
So where can i get a download from it?

Here. I'd try for getting a student version if you can, or if you have access to a university, they may have it on their computers that you can use. Otherwise if you have to buy it full price, it can be very expensive.

HurricaneMod10

Quote from: Lowkee33 on June 08, 2012, 09:00:17 AM
The EffectDir follows a strict format.  You need to edit them by hex and then pray that Reader doesn't crash.  As a start, don't change anything marked as a "rep".  You can figure out which byte to change via the file position that Reader gives.

To make the smoke purple I think I increased the Green color adjustment.  The tough part was separating the smoke effect from SimCity Dat.

But I'm working on it:

The general idea of this program is that the right side will be a tab view (going to try to replicate the way Reader displays them).  Clicking on something in the left-side tree view will populate the tab with the values of that entry, plus the entries in all of the different sections that that original entry links to.

Then to try to put another tree on the right (though trying not to use too much horizontal space).  A button "Add-To-Patch" that takes the data from the tab view (the separated effect), and creates a new EffectDir from that.  Of course, every value would be editable.

I already have this in a console program, but the GUI is something I've never done before so it's a slow process.  Right now I can open a .eff, have it populate the tree-view, and then save an identical file.  (You can forget about resizing for now  :P )

I would like to get a Effect Editor with your image is on the top, but I cannot be able to find a search engine on the google with the software in Effect Editor is not there. What program did you use it the name of the software in Effect Editor? Please help me to get the name of the software, thank you.

HurricaneMod10

Effect Edit Script Jenx.zip doesn't work it but just failed with the ilive reader or could be work it with DenGen I think so.

So please letting me know about these folders so where did I get it to put the folders with the Effect Edit Script Jenx.zip, thank you. :(

jdenm8

They're Matlab scripts, so you'll need Matlab to run them.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

NCGAIO

Looks like you did not quite understand the answer since repeated the same question.  %confuso msg447722

So to get a little more clear: Not exist editor available for working with the Eff Dir :(

The image of editor is just a picture of Carl project.

Jenx scripts will not help you unless you are interested in learning how to use Matlab to  data analyze - Link to

I suggest you read this  "$Deal"$ Link and ask in the forum if anyone still has available the  RedLotus tutorial and files :thumbsup:

HurricaneMod10

I can't be able to get it a download with Matlab due to the problems with payable in Matlab site, how much did I get a buy it then with Matlab only. Matlab can be able to help me with script could be save the file with EffDir format yes or no.

Quote from: NCGAIO on August 18, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

Looks like you did not quite understand the answer since repeated the same question.  %confuso msg447722

So to get a little more clear: Not exist editor available for working with the Eff Dir :(

The image of editor is just a picture of Carl project.

Jenx scripts will not help you unless you are interested in learning how to use Matlab to  data analyze - Link to

I suggest you read this  "$Deal"$ Link and ask in the forum if anyone still has available the  RedLotus tutorial and files :thumbsup: