• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

Girafe

Thanks Alan and the likes  :P

I get in touch with Anachron who is a modder for Transport Fever. He developed a lot of French train 3D models for that game. He was kind enough to share with me one of his 3D model to review the possibility to integrate it to SC4.

After some tweaks in texturing and polys reduction, SNCF BB 26000 livery orange is now working under the game :) :) :)

Some additional reskin will come (thanks to Arne for his help  :thumbsup:)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

huzman

Girafe: What lovely station! (Freight or Passenger?)
Anyway, I want it! I need it! I fits exactly into my massive RRR (Real Rail Road) region.
Is it growable?
Thanks...
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

tigerbuilder

Very cool, nice job!

You can adjust the spacing to the cars by playing with the Z numbers of the coupler group of the S3D.

Cheers, Tiger

art128

Yay, finally a nice Sybic for the game, my favorite SNCF engine.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Krasner

Amazing work &apls And it's great to finally get this very common SNCF engine for sc4. If you make several variations of this and other engines there probably will be something I'll have to ask you before I start studying again in september (and then would have much less spare time) - but in a private message  $%#Ninj2
ANARCHIST !!

Badsim

&mmm ... it seems that your motivation is still down ... so I've decided to post the end of my last update here .

5 Trains .

Well , speaking about Corail train ( which never ceased to be my favorite train for SC4 ) , during the 6 past weeks I spent all my free time to revamp hundreds of cars and trucks FSHs ( currently 2/3 of the work is done  , would I say ... )  and I've learned more about Photoshop tools and techniques than during the 15 previous years , so that now , with the level reached , I've revamped your  FSHs ( enlarged to 512x512 ) with layers extracted from real pictures :

BB2200

1st class passenger car

2nd class passenger car

Buffet car

I wonder if oneday I'll get  bored  of SC4 ,  seeing what that old game is able to handle ... frankly I doubt . May these pictures bring you back here . :)

Cedric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Girafe

I am pleased that you are still around and playing with this old game  :P
These pics are amazing as usual  &apls &apls these countryside landscapes are my favorite  :)
I will send you the High Poly version of the train, it might even give better result with your textures ::)

I am sorry, I still don't have the motivation to come back, I am re opening 3dsmax from time to time but closing it after 10min :(
I still have so many unfinished things  :thumbsdown: a pity. I am just working on a masterpiece, hopefully it will bring me back to the game and could be a good Xmas gift to the community but time flies  &mmm
However there is always hope, I have seen Pintade Vincent lurking recently and I suspect him to still play / model  $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Gugu3

Girafe

Finally and as far as I know the 1st High Poly automata for SC4 is out ;)

Props included as well, enjoy  :P

Thanks to Anachron, who is a talented modeler for French engines for another game, who nicely gave me his models for developing this mod  :thumbsup:

The Floraler

art128

I love the SYBIC in Béton livery. Nice!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Excellent  :thumbsup:

It's great to see some new releases from you and these look super  :satisfied:

Tyberius06

Nice work! :)
I'll give them a try for sure!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Girafe

Most probably the next species of Flora  ::) but unknown species.
What do you think they look like?

Working on a French train engine CC72000 (model from Anachron).
I still need to fix the gap between the engine and 1st wagon, I cannot remember how to tweak that  &mmm

The Floraler

eggman121

QuoteWorking on a French train engine CC72000 (model from Anachron).
I still need to fix the gap between the engine and 1st wagon, I cannot remember how to tweak that  &mmm

I think you should go into night mode and see if the lights are at the rear of the Locomotive?

That will probably be the reason why there is no connection. It takes the whole length of the model.

Just a suggestion. If the lights are on the rear than you can probably fix it with Cogeo's Model Tweaker by rotating the locomotive by 90 Degrees.

-eggman121 

Tyberius06

Hi Girafe!

Pretty nice tree, I have no idea, which species, altough, but always nice to get more from your flora. And I like the train engine as well. Time to change my ingame trains...
Anyway, I sent a PM a couple of days ago. Did you have the chance to read it?

Kind Regards,

Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Andreas

I'd say that looks like a field maple (Acer campestre). :)
Andreas

fantozzi

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

matias93

I would also go for something on the Acer genus, but quite frankly, no idea.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895