• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bipin

Absolutely loving this, can't wait to use it!

Patricius Maximus

No matter how much my expectations go up I always manage to be impressed by the NAM Team. This RRW project is going to be awesome  &apls. RRW is just the ticket for my new rail lines - when this comes out they'll be looking a lot better.

MR.Y

Really nice...

Would it be much work to make european textures, too? Cause they look very american...but really nice work...

Indiana Joe

Quote from: MR.Y on June 16, 2013, 01:36:37 PM
Really nice...

Would it be much work to make european textures, too? Cause they look very american...but really nice work...

The texture looks pretty universal to me.  Remember that it's supposed to be representative of heavy industrial rail, not newer passenger lines and high speed rail.  The only thing I would have done is perhaps made the ballast a little more grey than brown.

metarvo

To me, the textures have a nice old-timey feel — from back when railroads were going strong over here.  Modern rail seems to be covered nicely by GLR and HSR, the latter of which is model-based in its own right IIRC.  As far as the "shiny" deal goes, I initially thought I would miss the shiny tops, but I understand why they can't be included.  For that matter, the Google Maps satellite rails I've looked at don't even appear to have shiny tops.  So, these rails are just fine and may be more modern than I first thought.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Sloonei

I find it pretty fantastic. Looking forward to using it!
What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Flatron

Nice. Here, Railways are still laid on ballast(except for ICE-lines, that are laid on concrete), as this is still the best base for relatively high speeds. OK, nowadays they don't use wooden cross beams anymore, but that's hard to notice. The colour of the ballast is fine, as over the years, oxidated iron will fall off the trains and onto the ballast. The ballast of a new built railtrack stays clean for about 1-3 years under normal use(2 passenger trains per hour)

Gugu3

Just one question Willy...what about stations?there a lot released but they all have the old maxis texture...

Vlasky

This looks amazing! I know it's very nerve wracking when someone comes up and starts demanding something in the middle of a project this big, so I'm not going to. I just wanna ask are you going to "convert" single track rail, and did you think about making a 4 track rail (in a single tile) like the ones we see in urban industrial areas? I know there is enough room in one tile for all 4 of them :)
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

gn_leugim

First, great idea and best of lucks on this project ;)  &apls

and second, some constructive critics; aren't the textures a bit blurred?

metarvo

Quote from: Vlasky on June 17, 2013, 01:52:29 AM
I just wanna ask are you going to "convert" single track rail, and did you think about making a 4 track rail (in a single tile) like the ones we see in urban industrial areas? I know there is enough room in one tile for all 4 of them :)

All existing rail content (except lots) will be converted, including RAM content like STR, so the answer to the first question is yes.  The answer to the second question is a doubtful maybe; TTR and QTR are low-priority at this point.  Neither have been ruled out, but neither have been confirmed either.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swordmaster

Quote from: gn_leugim on June 17, 2013, 02:20:58 AM
and second, some constructive critics; aren't the textures a bit blurred?

That's possible. It can't be avoided when making the curves and rotations. But wait till you see it in game.

Cheers
Willy

FrankU

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM
Who is making this mod?
The NAM Team is responsible, but also wishes to recognize the following specific people for their assistance, good advice and support: rooker1, art128, vester, FrankU, Simcoug and vortext.

Hey, listen. This is serious.... It's not my fault! ..... What did I do to deserve this?  ()what()

But otherwise: sure, it's a fine project, but I seriously have no idea why I got so much honour to be on the list. Or is this a way of dragging me into it?  &mmm

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

AH, nice to see this project finally has a thread of its own ! ;D

Lovely work, as usual! Can't wait to see how this mod fit in the Japanese neighborhoods. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

:angrymore: I should have  :-[ kept my big  :angrymore: shut.....

eggman121

While we are on the subject of new railways I thought that I might drop these here...

Something that has been missing from the rail network for a long time which is of course railway overhead wire. It is still in the prototype stage with only the orthogonal rail being T21ed with the overhead wire and some aligning still needed to be done. It can also run up and down slopes which is useful. What do others think?

-eggman121   

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cdpferde

Really nice, look forward to see more and the day i can use  :thumbsup:

Thx
Christian

Gugu3

Amazing stuff!the real railway is going to be a fantastic release!