• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your entire cities

Started by kevinaj, August 17, 2009, 09:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBC

I really like your industrial zones, Casper. Many great custom lots - no maxis at all?

emgmod

I would show an up close shot, but Ivernessen is built on a tile border, and I can't edit two separate images right now.

SeanSC4

Great job with the hills and trees emgmod.

RBC

@ Emgmod:

Which tree controller are you using? It looks great!

I've started with Ivernessen region once too, but is was way to big for me. I didn't have the patience to finish it. I would love to see a region shot, if you once finish it. The region is magnificent.

SeanSC4

Quote from: RBC on November 07, 2009, 06:26:24 AM
I've started with Ivernessen region once too, but is was way to big for me. I didn't have the patience to finish it.

I've left far too many regions in the dust for this precise reason. It's far too common for me to take on a project far too large in scope and lose interest in it halfway through.

emgmod

The tree controller that I'm using is this one. Also, the map name is slightly different from the town name.

I think that I can finish the region if the MD that showcases the region is popular.

Adetsaj

wow that's nice region Eliteforce  &apls  this my city

western Bandoeng Van java

Bandoeng van java

The Beautiful empire, of Gardarian

And call me Daniel

zero7

Canterbury is the main city of my current region- it has a centre based on 9 medium tiles and a 'metro area' that is starting to sprawl along the shore of the bay.

Call me Richard

Earth quake

Ruhisu

kevinaj

Here's a large section of the city.

I love airplanes.

tag_one

^ I couldn't open the toolbar when I clicked the picture  &mmm  :D

Great work kevinaj! Looks like this area is about to transform into a skyscraper forest  :thumbsup:

kevinaj

Actually I want it the way it is right now since this is not part of the Dowtowns and Uptowns. Also here's a fun fact: California City's (the town I'm currently working on) population is over 1,500,000!
I love airplanes.

atilla5

Here's the region i'm currently working on, with the Rossville metropolitan area being the main focus, with a short explanation of why my region is laid out this way.
Since I live here in the Midwest in the US, nearly all the towns are connected by rail.  This is why my region has random rail lines everywhere.  The larger towns are usually where their are multiple rail lines converge.

Rossville regional view

Transportation view

Downtown Rossville

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...I also hope the size of the images is ok!  (this is my first time using imageshack to load my pics)

tag_one

Well it took some time to load them, but they were worth looking at!  :thumbsup: Very realistic city growth :) 

Floydian

Quote from: atilla5 on December 14, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...I also hope the size of the images is ok!  (this is my first time using imageshack to load my pics)

Though I'm not sure what age the urban planning is in the city you live in, but in modern planning the grid is shunned for its pro-vehicle, anti-neighborhood design. As such, the suburban sprawl in most cities build after the post-war boom tended to break off the grid and instead focussed on what is known as Contour roads, the cul-de-sac-neighborhood, and even more recently, the mixed-use-developement neighborhood. (We'll call it MUD for short)

http://www.region.durham.on.ca/departments/works/roads/TMPNov2005.pdf
Take a look at page 52 of the pdf (labelled as page 27 on the paper).

This shows the cul-de-sac neighborhood (top) and MUD neighborhood (bottom).

In terms of your city, what this means is that as you drive away from the core, the roads should start to break away and be less linear, with the exception of the really major roads.

deecee

this is the first picture i've shown without there being a problem i wanted someone to tell me about lol....anyway - these are from my old computer and are pre-cam but this city will always be near and dear to my heart even though a bunch of areas are falling down lol.  hope i did this right.  thanks, DeeCee

bat

Really fantastic work on your cities there, @ everyone! :thumbsup:

MattyFo

An update on my city of King's Port,  I have a fairly old image back on page 1 of this thread.  As you can see it has gotten much bigger and I patiently grew several townhouse on the edge of downtown to give it more of a gradual transition from high rise to single family homes.  Keep in mind I LIKE THE MAXIS BUILDINGS!!! The building are pretty nice and they have consistency, as long as i don't have a dozen "Brink Real Estate" it's ok.  No joke, at one point I counted 13 of those pesky bastards.  As you can see I have minumize repition as best I could. (Among highrises at least) ;D  This only accounts for, i dno, maybe one quarter of the city though.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

MattyFo

I am thinking of starting a new thread of some sort, where people will make a "Tourist Brochure" of their city.  They will include pictures of local hotspots, hotels, bars, restauraunts, beaches, landmark etc. and include a brief description, history lesson, bullshit story about it.  Think this is a good idea??????

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!