• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... futuristic-science fiction cities and space colonies

Started by Terring7, March 28, 2010, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

noahclem

Wow, those are some really amazing futuristic pictures  :o  I agree with Terring7, start an MD  :thumbsup:

Dantes

I've never seen such a beautiful and thoughtful futuristic city. (Sorry Terring  :-[ ) Very impressive. I hope you post a mayor diary.  :o

skywaltz

whoa thank you all..

it was image from a half year ago, and i doubt i could make a good MD, because lately im so busy tend myself at office.. but i'll consider it, thanks

anyway, i'll try to post another pic

Dome City

Usual Spaceport

Highways

Welcome

Another Mosaic

And Another Mosaic

skywaltz

and more..

Farm

Suburbs

Another View of Suburbs

Day & Night

Another Day & Night

And Another Day & Night

Beachside

Resort

mike3775

Awesome.

How did you get the highway to go through the Arch?  I have been wanting that forever

skywaltz

mike3775

Thanks. I can't believe I missed that upload back in 2003. 

Your cities are simply amazing though.

LordCarbuncle

LordCarbuncle

Dantes

skywaltz your citys are epic and genious work !
Awesome *_______* 

Swordmaster

Wait a minute! I've been missing some curious work here. That dome is real? Not photoshopped?

Cheers
Willy

Yild

DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

Always wonder in what kind of cities we'll live in the year 2113? Well, let's have a look.

A global system of sea cities can easily accommodate many millions of people and relieve the land based population pressures. They can provide the inhabitants with information and serve as natural sea aquariums without artificially enclosing marine life. Some of them will be mobile, like the Freedom Ship, and travel the world like ships.

If we do not maintain a balance between the population and the earth's carrying capacity we may have to move our cities not only seaward, but subterranean as well. For inhospitable or sensitive regions of the planet, such as forests and desert areas, underground cities would provide entirely comfortable homes for many. Numerous elevators will readily allow residents to enjoy skiing and other recreational activities on the surface. The primary source of power for these cities, where feasible, would be geothermal energy.

In the long run however, a single-planet species will not survive at all. If humanity want to survive for hundreds, thousands, millions or even billions of years, it must ultimately populate space and other planets as well. Orbital colony, space stations intended as a permanent settlement, will orbit around Earth, Sun, Mars and other world of the Solar System and beyond. We're not talking about space stations like I.S.S., but huge orbital cities like O'Neil Cylinder and Stanford Torus.

But superior technology demands superior wisdom as well, especially based on our scientific methods and knowledges. If we don't consider ourselves as citizens of the Cosmos, if we don't declare Earth as our common home, if we don't build up a brand new economy that it based on natural resources and our actual needs, and if we don't educate ourselves and our children with the scientific method in order to liberate us from any fear and "musts"... we're doomed...

Yes, I'm too much optimist. Yes, I love using Simcity to express myself. Hate me...
The Choice is Ours
---

IL...

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---