• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

5) Fifth Challenge - Let's get serious!

Started by soulchaser, May 18, 2009, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

---Transmission start---

Transmitting groundwork for further decisions of developments in Bordertown south.

Waiting for orders.

The regional leadership

---Transmission end---

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

MandelSoft

--- Transmission start ---

"Chhhrzzzrz...chhrrhzzrr...Hello?..chhhhrrzzzr..Are we on air?.....chrrzrrr... OK, we've made contact. This is Seperatists Commander Maarten speaking. We have your instructions here:

1. First, you should build a rail line from tile H to the region border in tile G. Further details are explained in the next commands.
2. After that you build an medium density industrial area. Here we will produce our own industrial products, instead of importing them from the North. You may lay down the zones in any way you want, as long as
3. Futhermore, you shall build two rail stations, one for freight and one for the workers and a bus network to bring the workers to their workplace.
4. This place also needs a fire department.
5. You also build a power plant for all the required the electricity of the industrial area, and a water pump and purification plant.
6. At tile H you build a ressidential area and a commercial area. This place will host the workers from tile G.
7. This town must have at least one hospital, one primary school, one police station and fire department.
8. And finally, this town will also have a passenger rail station and a bus network.

We will now send a rough scetch of our commands. It's an example of how you can realize our demands "

--- The fax machine prints a map of the area ---

" Good luck! This was Seperatists Commander Maarten speaking, over and out ...chhhrzzzrz...chhrrhzzrr..."

--- Transmission end ---
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

soulchaser

---Transmission start---

Commander Maarten.

This is Sergeant Michaels.

We got your plans, but we have to admit, that yur plans are to big for our recent workforce.
(In fact, the plans would mean at least 3 Tiles, what conflicts MrB's rules. I'lll attach a pic with grid on it. BTW, this army base is giant.)
And I don't think we can convert that much people into military forces.

And we're sure we might not get them on the things when we show them those plans. They're fanatics in their religion. Maybe you heard it, they're Cyclonists. They have a weakness for circles. Maybe we are allowed to change the plans a bit. we already have some ideas.

---Transmission end---

Attached files:

Recently Iced

MandelSoft

OK, then everything will be moved to the south, to fit into the two quads.

soulchaser

Recently Iced

MandelSoft

Yes, I only made a rough sketch, so you can lay out your zones any way you want (by the way, I like organic shaped cities), as long as the zones fit into the quads.

soulchaser

---Transmission start---

Commander Maarten.

Seargeant Michaels, again.
We have some serious problems:

Noone wants to be a soldier down here. We don't find anyone who wants to fight for this all. It's sad, but we'can't change.

Are there any other plans for this area?

---Transmission end---

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 20, 2009, 08:26:45 PM
Too late now for the rest of fulfilling Rayden's order. I am sorry, but somewhere we have to draw a line. Concentrate now on challenge 5, you have almost 5 weeks, hope you can make it. Good luck.

For the military bases, only Mayors can build them in their territory, and not ordering them to anyone else. This is a strict and confidential order from the governor to the mayors only. Hope that explains it.

I will be leaving to Alaska tomorrow for 2 days, Lynn will take over again. Thanks.

Fred

I stopped building things for now. Recently I realised the rail line.

Recently Iced

MandelSoft

OK, new plan. I've edited the second post to present my final plans.

soulchaser

---Transmission start---

Commander, we received your new orders.

As we've already built the rail line, our workers would strike, if we told them to destroy everything again.
The rest of the requests will be fullfilled within the predicted timeline.

---Transmission end---

Recently Iced

soulchaser

---Transmission start---

EXPRESS NOTE

Commander,

Our industrial area in Knucker's Nest (Tile G) can't find any more local workers!!!

It's almost 2/3 done. The town in Sevyll's Sinuosity (Tile H) is prospering, but it can't house any more workers.
We have 2 proposals.

1) Additional space could be made available in Sevyll's Sinuosity or

2) Additional space could be made available in Knucker's Nest.

We would prefer proposal 2, as the main infrastructure, as streets, is already laid down and it would only house some lousy workmen. The rather rich people of Sevyll's Sinuosity favour working in their commercial area.

BTW: As recovery goes best with recreation, the hospital in Sevyll's Sinuosity was built on the little hill. This was such a good desicion,that we had to allocate some space for a resort hotel for all those sick people.

Regards,
Seargent Michaels

---Transmission end---

Recently Iced

MandelSoft

I'll give you permission to excecute proposal 2.

soulchaser

Just a short info:

I recently have problems with my internet provider, so I have to post from work, what isn't really accepted  :angrymore:

I hope I get everything on till friday, as I don't have access to this pc on weekends  &mmm

Recently Iced

mrbisonm

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

Meanwhile in a parallel universe.....

Quote from: soulchaser on May 19, 2009, 03:52:06 AM
----Transmission Start----

CONFIDENTIAL

Further Information for Leadership of Bordertown, South

The Headquarter's requets are simple.

We need more people, we need more stuff. Further information within the attached picture (Tiles D+E).

- Zones: Make it possible for industry and residents to pitch their tents. The map is just a rough guideline.

- Commercial: Build one (1) big mall. The position is marked.

- Transportation networks: Build a bridge (gray line) across the river by extending the recent roads, so residents can get to work. And extend the rail into the west and build a station. The southern route is a proposition for a freight yard.

Other utilities and similar things are hooked on upcoming demand.

The HQ

CONFIDENTIAL

----Transmission End----

EDIT: as I lost an "e", I made it easier to read. ;)

As no checkpoints have been reconnected, there won't be any pics of those ;)

---News Flash---News Flash---News Flash---News Flash---News Flash---News Flash---News Flash---News Flash---
--Gouvernment--

Recently, there was seen some military movement on local bases. We don't know further reasons, as our southern neighbours are still quite peacefull. The gouvernor's office hasn't given any statements yet!

Tile L

Tile L

Tile E

Tile D

--Economy--

A industrial rise in southern Bordertown has led to a strange development in the Region. While 62% of the residents are living in the North, 72% of industrial jobs are in Knucker's Nest (Tile G). In the adjacent settlement the CBD is rising. Commuting takes a lot of time as the checkpoints are overstressed.

Tile G

Tile G

Tile G

Tile H

Tile H

--Attractions--

A new attraction is in Drake's Islets (Tile E). You now can charter a train to run over the bridge, where you can watch the trash stack, blocking the rails and further developments in the south.

Scenic rail in Tile E

In addition the recent overviews. As my screen resolution is big I linked the original size of the transportation view.

Recently Iced

jmyers2043

Hello Soulchaser

I like how you did the naval port. I especially like the rail yard surrounded by the industrials. After browsing through you screen grabs, the rail picture is the one I went back to. There is so much to see and ideas to incorporate into my game.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 5

I finally got around to continue the GRV II Challenges and we will continue with the judgement of Challenge 5, 6 and 7 in the next weeks. Make also sure to read the *speach* that I wrote in the General discussion thread, maybe giving an explanation to all this delay.
How this challenge was judged can be found in the Challenge 5 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 5 also.

This challenge wasn't any easier than the one before to judge, because we had to look at many different points and from different views. Thank You.

1. We couldn't make out clearly where the reconnections were made, noir see how well they are controlled. 2 Points were given for this.
2. Your demands were resonable and well asked for, we gave you 3 points for this.
3. Especially I liked the way the dealing and the negotiations were executed in this challenge by you and no other than a perfect score of 4 points were added. The rebel's demands were done perfectly and much detail and effort were put into this. Excellent job.
4. All of the army buildings were well chosen and placed. We liked the details and positions of these offensive structures, especially the artillery in the fourth picture. It was hard to decide to give you the points deserved and we finally decided to add 4 points to your total for this part of the challenge.
5. This is what we meant by scenic and your details surely were worth it, making us give you another perfect score and 4 points.
One more Bonus point was added for being on time.

You have earned a total of 18 points, excellent job.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

Thank you very much for your hard work on this, Fred & Lynn. Now I'll go on reading, till I finally may judge Fred's challenge.

Recently Iced