• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

2) Second Challenge - Where are the people?

Started by soulchaser, April 01, 2009, 12:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

After a hard time of Lotting, I finally finished it, as you can see below. The map is just in the link, because it's not allowed to be an official part of this challenge!

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

soulchaser

<<RPD of Bordertown>>

"Hey guys, we got some work again. Mayor McGrade told me, that the Governor told him....man, why do we have to do the final steps again?...ok, seriously. We have to attract more people. Because of that, we first have to find a place where to build a powerstation and second a water pump. I asked McGrade, where he wants it to be built.
He said: 'Build where ever you want, I don't care. But I don't want any smogg around there. This stuff is nasty. And don't waste space. So do what you are payed for.'
So here we are. I had an Idea. Look at that MAP.

We'll build a hydroelectric dam, with the maintenance building here (bolt) and a pumping station behind, here (P). No waste of space, no smogg. A bit expensive, but we can use the natural forces of the decline. We just need this extra railway for to bring the generators across Lake Wyveren. I've calculated, that we need about 9.000 MWh/month and about 13.000 m³/month for about 25.000 people. I think that will be possible. Let's get some experts for planning the whole thing."

... 5 years later in Mayor McGrade's office ...

"Finally. Everything is done. The dam works. It was a big challenge, to fit it in. Here's a picture from northeast.

The building is operated by SC4Tech. Here's one from southwest, with the pumps.

And here are is the colony, SC4Tech asked us for. There are about 50 houses and the firestation, that has to be built next to such utilities.

Here's another picture of the whole thing (Tile A).

As we're estimating more people to kome to the Region of Bordertown, we have built a new road to the westsouthwest, Route 5, that will connect us to another part of the surrounding regions. Seems the northwest-southeast connection is not enough to attract potential habitants. You can see it here.

I hope you're satisfied!"

Recently Iced

rooker1

Hmmm....hydroelectric dam....great idea.  No too sure how mnay others will go this route, but I think it fits in perfectly.  If that doesn't get any bonus points, no too sure what would than. 

Good luck,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

PS: (rooker1) Bonus points are not only given to things that were asked for.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

meinhosen

That HE dam is very well done and a very unique way of providing power to the region.  Don't think that I've seen a dam in a MD (or competition) in a long time.

You get a thumbs up from me :)
:thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

jmyers2043

excellent use of existing props. Great lot making.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

Thank you guys,

I like dams a lot, hydrology is one of my favourites. I'm sad that there's not much choice for dams that look realistic in a european style. Maybe some time I'll get into BAT and work on some, cause they're easy and straight to build (, I believe).

Recently Iced

Nardo69

Humm ...

Well, I don't wanto be a kill-joy but such a hydroelectric dam needs a height difference in the water level -even less than 1m is OK if there is enough water to pass it - otherwise it cannot produce electricity ...   %confuso

Other than that I do like your environment with the small street over the dam and the small sedlement.

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

soulchaser

yes, I know, burt as ther's just 1 waterlevel, we have to pretend as we could retain the water ;)

As there are limits in the game we have to count on our fantasy.

Recently Iced

mrbisonm

Judging of challenge2

A.  Covering most of the southwest of your region and bringing access to new areas, your new route is almost perfectly placed. We gave you a solid 5 points for the route challenge.
B and C.  A waterdam for hydroelectric power is always welcome and certainly much appreciated by the Governor. Placing it together with the waterproducing facility was a great and practical idea also. There was a way to have the water raised with the raintool for the picture, which probably would have given this challenge a certain Bonus point.
So for the combination of the power and water challenge we gave you 9 points, 5 for the HE dam and 4 for the waterpumps.

A Total of 14 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, we liked the idea of the hydropower. Very good work and Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

EDIT: nice story btw.

soulchaser

Thank you very much. It was some hard work ;)

BTw: I tried the raintool, but this flooded the powerstation, just hitting this for one second. might be my IR-mouse works not precisely enough :D

Recently Iced

Rayden

Quote from: soulchaser on April 15, 2009, 09:12:57 AM

BTw: I tried the raintool, but this flooded the powerstation, just hitting this for one second. might be my IR-mouse works not precisely enough :D

The raintool works like any other god mode tool, use keys 1 to 9 for radius, and F1 to F9 for strenght.  :thumbsup:

Job well done and congrats on the points achieved.  &apls

mrbisonm

Quote from: soulchaser on April 15, 2009, 09:12:57 AM

We know that you spent some time in building this. We can see.
Like Rayden says, it is possible if you use the raintool right. With a little patience and practise, it would have been perfect, otherwise, very well done, no doubt!

Fred

soulchaser

I'll see what I can do next time :D
thank you for your hints, that's why I participated. recently, I have some problems with TE-Lots on slopes. don't know if this works, recently it doesn't.

Recently Iced