• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Hi Brechtje,

Surely this is a huge task! I hope you will be able to finish it. In that case this map will definitely be a must have for anyone who is interested in the BNL team productions. You might even join us?

If you want to show more, why don't you open your own thread?

brechtje

Quote from: FrankU on July 18, 2011, 06:34:12 AM
Hi Brechtje,

Surely this is a huge task! I hope you will be able to finish it. In that case this map will definitely be a must have for anyone who is interested in the BNL team productions. You might even join us?

If you want to show more, why don't you open your own thread?

I would want to make my own topic, but i'm not quite sure where to put it. I'm interested in joining the BNL team too, but i can't bat or lot (or at least, i've never tried).

FrankU

For your own topic on this map I'd say: try the Show us your other projects board: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=69.0

I asked the other team members what they think of letting you join us. I mean: there must be a place to plop and grow all the content our team is making and what location would be more appropriate than a good map of the Netherlands? Maybe you should promise to commence with a Belgian and a Luxemburg map?
If you join us we move your topic to this board.

FrankU

While waiting for Mrbisonm's Farm Prop Pack to become finished (it's really becoming a Mega pack!), I have been fooling around with some other stuff.
In my ambitious list some posts ago I said I plan to do some Dutch Rewards.
The day before yesterday I succeeded in making a Dutch Mayors House that replaces the Maxis one. It has the same stats (and the same query), but it looks different. Because the lotting is not even nearly finished I don't show it here, but I thought it might be nice to give some sign of life and tell you what I am doing.
The modding is simple once you know what to do. I wrote a small tutorial and placed in the Tutorials section: here.

So now I am getting ambitious and maybe I'll expand my collection of Dutch Rewards.

And, please, people. There are a lot of projects that get stuck in the middle somewhere. But at least my Farms are not. They are just waiting and I hope that after my vacation (untill end of august) I can go on with finishing them. Once these are finished I will commence with the other projects.

And please, if some one of you likes my products and has nice ingame pictures. Please show them! Because of all the lotting my own time is not enough for playing the game.

supremec

Thank you FrankU for your tutorial  ;D
And I can't wait to see the dutch rwards you're making  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

mrbisonm

Just letting you know that I will "officially" start the rendering prosessus on Monday evening. I don't know how many days it will take to render them, but surely not more than a week (all depending on the free time that I have also).

All models are finished, I am working on resizing them alltogether at this very moment, spending my whole weekend on that projact, which actually and indeed has become a Mega Pack.
You will have more than enough props to build farms from any area I think. ;)

See ya soon.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Hey FrankU,

are you back from *camping* yet? Hope you had a good time.

I am looking for a tester, I got some models ready for you to test first. (question of sizing/scaling the darn buildings) Interested? If yes, I 'll PM you a link for download of a dozen or so buildings, when ready. ;)

Fred

FrankU

Ha, yes. I just returned yesterday.
I checked the French countryside to see if the TSC guys are doing realistic BATs. And yes: they do.

I had a nice vacation, though a tent is always a bit damp. And the little children (including my 2 years old son) don't like to go to sleep early. So up to 10.30 PM we can hear some of them cry, which can wake the others around...etc. The nights get short and the mornings start early, so I hope to get some sleep this week...
And some of you props! Please. I very much like to work with them. I hope to find some long evenings or even a whole day. I myself have two weeks vacation at home before me. My wife is going to work and my daughter has vacation too, so I have to mix my time.

FrankU

Today I finished my first Reward Lot. It's the Mayor's house in Dutch style.
I used one of Haarlemmergold's beautiful houses for it.
It replaces the Maxis reward.

What do you think?

Front:

Left side:

Back:

Right side:

As you can see there is a small party going on. This is just to make sure the Sims keep supporting the mayor in his or her attempts to rule the city in a worthy way.

Comments please?

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simcitler

beautiful lot. Is there any chance to do the small greyish way with the same red texture?
Anyway  &apls

mrbisonm

nice re-lotting of the mayor's home, maybe even good for me to use.
Have a look at your PM, I sent you the link for a half a dozen or so models (props that you will find under "nxs" in the LE), ready for the testing, please do NOT use them yet, they're not fully finished. All I need to know if the sizes are ok for you or still need to be tweaked.

Fred

mrbisonm

As you mentioned, FrankU, I have highered the walls (eaves) by 28% and reduced the whole size by a little over 3 % because the model seemed to have increased in size with the the newer bigger walls. The process of making the walls higher wasn't too complicated, but it will take a little longer to modify all the other similar building models like this.

Now, as you can see, the walls are about twice as high as the doors (small ones), which seemed fair to me. I tried to make them 50% higher as you have mentioned, but it made the building completely "out of place" looking.

Tell me if they seem to be ok, if not (and please do not hesitate to say so), tell me and I will correct the "matter".

I pm'ed you the link for the models, both the old one and the new one, there's also a "quickie lot" included (shown in picture below).

Fred

FrankU

Hi Fred,

Much better, yes! I think that's the right height. Surely we could discuss if maybe 135% or 127% were better, but if you say that 150% is too much, I guess you are very right with this size.
Now that the sides are higher, it is maybe good to raise the windows on these facades also to almost the roof. Is that possible too?

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on August 27, 2011, 11:14:16 AM
Now that the sides are higher, it is maybe good to raise the windows on these facades also to almost the roof. Is that possible too?

Most probable, I'll have a look at this after the Hurricane "Irene", kinda worried about everything around here at the moment. ;)
Although we're not on the coast, but in the mountains, we are expecting winds of 150 km/h around this area, they say.....hm....... %wrd

Be back soon.

Fred

FrankU

Now let's not raise the roof too high. please? Keep it on your walls!  ;D

Good luck and I'll wait for your next steps.

FrankU

Today I uploaded the Mayors house to the STEX.
Please comment?

Meanwhile I have started with the Houses of Worship.
Funny enough I always thought there were three, but there are actually four of them. Apparently always lost count during game play.
Anyway, I have searched for four churches that will fit into my Dutch themed Lot Set and I came up with these ones:

The two left ones are by Haarlemmergold, the lower right one is by Simgoober and the fourth is by Jule78.
The last one I doubt about a bit. The shape is not very realistic and it is not typically Dutch, like the other ones. On the other hand: Gothic architecture is all over Europe, and it is indeed also found in the Netherlands. So at the moment the model is OK. Maybe I switch. Maybe one of you has a suggestion? I'd like the model to be quite small. I found some very nice larger churches, but I'd like to have these as plopable landmarks or other rewards.

MandelSoft

Well, I got one mod from SFBT that replaces all Houses of Worship and Graveyards with German-styled ones. This looks also nice, but the lots are a bit bare (guess you'll deal with that later).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

FrankU

Aure, three of the lots were really bare. But I guessed you know me better than to expect that I would release such simple lots?
I was showing the first lot and the selection of churches.
I decided to keep these four and today I finished the four lots.

From all four angles:

And a night shot:

Comments please?
Otherwise I make the icons, write a read-me and throw the set on the STEX!