• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I hate brown boxes

Started by 05Slowbalt, February 28, 2012, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Slowbalt

So I am not really sure what I downloaded. But now anything I have a intersection there is a brown box over it. I can not find anything that I can download to replace this. Anyone have a idea how I can find or remove this. Maybe a new bat or mod that will replace whatever cause the brown box. Thanks for the help.

vester

Sound like you haven't downloaded the dependencies.
That in general called texture package (don't give brown boxes) and prop packs.

jmyers2043

Hey Slowbalt

Quote from: 05Slowbalt on February 28, 2012, 10:21:13 AM
So I am not really sure what I downloaded....

Neither am I

Quote from: 05Slowbalt on February 28, 2012, 10:21:13 AM
.. But now anything I have a intersection there is a brown box over it....

This is the best time to use the divide and conquer method. Divide your plugins in half and start the game and a new city. See if you have boxes over your intersections. No? Move the other half into your plugins and start the city over again. Yes? Move half those out etc. . .  Ask the question again once you know the specifics about the lot/mod and someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Silur

You can show us Your problem with JPEG here ... and someone will help You ...

05Slowbalt

Thanks for the help everyone. My computer crashed and I had to redo everything so I just won't download anything for the game anymore.

HappyDays

That response is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Just read the readmes that come with the majority of files. They'll link to the dependencies. Lacking dependencies leads to brown boxes.

WC_EEND

sounds like you downloaded a mod which replaces the traffic lights, but had the actual traffic lights as a dependancy pack.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project