• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ploppable Helicopters

Started by InvaderNat, January 11, 2013, 03:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InvaderNat

Are there actually an good ploppable Helicopters? Specifically military ones as I need some for my air force base.

I've noticed a huge gap in air transportation here as there are tons of aircraft but virtually no helicopters.

I'd really like to know where these ones in particular are.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

fafalone

The helicopter on the bottom right is the Marine Helicopter by tabi, and the top left is the Airforce Helicopter also by tabi. I'm not sure if anyone has actually released a lot with it.

I don't know where the helicopters can be found at the moment, they're not among the tabi releases on the LEX, and I can't immediately find them on STEX but their search sucks. His website is also gone.

Given that, I've zipped it up and put it here.
They're just the props, you'll have to lot them yourself. If that's really a huge problem I guess just tell me what textures you want and I could do it.

If this attachment is ever gone feel free to PM me and I'll re-up it.

Edit: I also found a set of Huey helicopters: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11470-casperhueyhelicopterpropset/

Edit again: I decided I want those two helicopters from the picture in my airport, so I've attached them lotted on the standard light airport ramp texture. You'll still need the prop pack in the first attachment.

InvaderNat

Wow thanks fafalone, I had figured no one knew.  &apls I'd give you some rep but I'm not sure how to here.

fafalone

I found some more.

tabi's Coast Guard collection has one, and it's not available on the LEX/STEX either so I'll post it here.

Also found a couple others in the annals of my massive plugin collection, a pair of SH-60J helicopters. They can be downloaded here: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=843

I've attached lots for all 3 on the standard airport base like the others.

krbe

This is great, Fafalone, really appreciated. I wish we had some civilian helicopters too, I guess the Coast Guard helis will have to stand in! If I can be so mean and ask; do you also have the hangars (which are not on the LEX either)? I've also tried to find out where the SimCityForce fighters went (the ones presented on their blog) after the Yahoo Briefcase service shut down, do you know if some other Japanese site has collected them? I have a few of them, but the more "special" ones seem to be gone...

fafalone

Which hangars?

And which fighters?

You'll have to show me pictures, as I have more than a few hangars and fighters, and don't keep track of where they came from.

This picture is from my air base, it shows most of the fighters that I have. There's a few more not pictured.

Edit: And look what came out today: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28391-jet-fighter-mmps/

krbe

Thank you for your continued help, fafalone! The hangars are the same as ivo_su lotted - not the best, but definitely the biggest out there.

As for the fighters, they are from Sim Air Force, not SimCityForce (although I have found some of smart_speeder's fighters there, but still missing the most interesting ones). The aircraft are:

WESTERN
   - F-5E Tiger II - American 1972 fighter
   - Mirage 2000 - French 1982 4G fighter
   - F-15 Eagle - American 1976 4G fighter
   - Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon - European "5G" fighter
   - F-16 Fighting Falcon - American 1978 4G fighter

SOVIET / RUSSIAN
   - MiG-29 Fulcrum - Soviet 1983 4G fighter
   - Su-47 Firkin - Soviet / Russian experimental fighter
   - MiG-21 Fishbed - Soviet 1955 2/3G fighter
   - Su-33 Flanker-D - Soviet 1998 carrier fighter, from "Strigon Squadron" off Ace Combat
   - Su-37 Flanker-F - Soviet 80s development, from "Yellow Squadron" off Ace Combat

INDEPENDENT / FICTIONAL
   - VF-1 Valkyrie - fictional, from Japanese anime Macross.
   - SAIA 90 - cancelled, Argentine project
   - JAS-39Gripen - Swedish 1987 fighter
   - J-8II Finback-B - Chinese 1980 interceptor
   - Saegheh - Iranian 2007 fighter
   - Novi Avion - cancelled, Yugoslav 4G project
   - SF-47 Ventus - no idea, but resembles modern 4G fighters

Together with the MMPs that just arrived, there's a chance for a pretty potent airforce. I'm especially interested in the "independent" ones -- to make it all a bit more Swedish/Iranian!

fafalone

It seems I have a couple of those, but can't immediately find most of them. Although I do distinctly remember downloading stuff from that site. Give me a while to look more thoroughly, but you might have to make due with the 12 fighters from usfighter15 and the 14 fighters I have lotted.

The hangar is another one of tabi's, and there's another (very nice) one in the set. It's too big to attach, so I've uploaded here: http://www.2shared.com/file/_y9c3wuT/tabi_Hangar_props.html
If anyone finds this thread in the future, PM me and I'll re-up it.

RAmar5324

That is an impressive collection there fafalone! When/if you find those lotted planes I would love to have them.
I've been looking for a B-52 model to use for bases, I know tabi had one but I can't find it anywhere with his website gone.
I have several UDI planes that I've been trying to turn into lots but to try and get around missing those plane but it hasn't worked out at all for me.

InvaderNat

Hey wow I didn't know this thread was still going. Thanks fafalone for the links. That second hanger is great and just what I need, Helicopters are cool too. I've started learning to use the lot editor so I can change the base textures to ones I'm using too.

scream

fafalone, thanks for your job and for attaching tabi's props! I could't find them at other places. Do you have also tabi_SNAF_vol and tabi_SNAF_1_HD? I'll be very thankfull for its.