• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mattb325 plays Shosaloza

Started by mattb325, December 23, 2006, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

Very nice Matt, this is looking like a proper big city now.

bat

Fantastic pictures! Great city! Wonderful parks in the residential areas! :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thanks guys - Colyn - I am but a few unplanned pregnancies  (so to speak) from the goal

UPDATE WILLOUGHBY GOLF COURSE

OR

ORREAH LOOSES HIS BIRDIES

Continued from previous update....

........"Rector (he, he, he :D )!" exclaimed Orreah as he composed himself. "What can I do for you?"

The Rector (he, he, he  :D) attempted small talk; the wife, the weather, how fast time has gone – Orreah politely evaded most of the answers.

Finally arriving at the point of the visit, The Rector (he, he, he  :D) pushed the copy of Vanity Bride across the mayors' desk.

"My church needs repairs and the stipend is gone". Orreah thumbed the magazine and said distractedly, "Ahh, married women – did you see the one who just...you can keep a secret can't you...."

"The church..." the Rector (he, he, he  :D ) interjected, "...needs money"

"There's no more money"

"Where is it gone? Orreah, this is the state's responsibility..."

Orreah looked out the window before walking to a cupboard and extracting two sets of clubs. "Such a lovely day. Do you play golf?"

The Rector (he, he, he  :D) was about to indignantly decline when he remembered reading somewhere that many deals were done on the golf course. Despite the fact that he was incompetent at any sports, he decided to go along for the ride.

From the mayors' office, the pair drove to Willoughby in the North West of Shosaloza:

Set high on the ridge, the course was the most challenging in the entire region.

Orreah's car followed the long road to the club house:

They teed off:

Orreah hit the perfect shot. The Rector's (he, he, he  :D) shot landed in the scrub.

"What a shame, I can't even see where your ball has gone." "Orreah", smiled the Rector (he, he, he  :D ),  "I warned you I'm rusty"

And so it continued:

Either in the drink...

...or sand-trap after sand-trap caught the Rector's (he, he, he  :D ) attempts at golf

Orreah, on the other hand was well under par and enjoyed thrashing his opponent

Finally, after the Rector's (he, he, he  :D ) attempts at a decent score had all but gone, Orreah, who was now in a good mood, piped up

"How much did you need for your church?"

The Rector (He, he, he  :D ) had a RARE moment of bravery for a man of the cloth.

"§700,000", he exclaimed

Feeling his composure gone, Orreah hit a lousy shot, taking a divot of the course with him

"I could build a new one for that." Orreah exclaimed. The Rector (he, he, he  :D ) seized his opportunity

"Well, think of it this way, the publicity if Mona Vale and the new church helps get the millionth child, well, it would be invaluable". The Rector (he, he, he  :D) saw no reaction, so he played his wild card "Now, Orreah imagine if the papers found out about your goings-on back at your office?"

Orreah shuddered. Another opportunity for a decent shot gone. Orreah weighed the loss of his 'birdies' as the pair returned to the clubhouse.

"Rector (he, he, he  :D) ", sighed Orreah, "I'll see what I can do."

To be continued....

bat

Beautiful golf course, mattb325! Nice pictures! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Hmmmm........golf.........I think I'll take the afteroon off now to go play a round.  Great golf coarse.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Shadow Assassin

Gonorreah? :P

I can see the pun evident in that name, you know. :P

Nice pics, as always.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mattb325

Thanks everyone....now why would I call the mayor gonorreah? I just don't follow... $%Grinno$% :P :D

Update: If a Phone Rings in Shosaloza

Almost a year has passed since Orreah and the Rector (he, he, he  :D) played their round of golf on that fine autumn day.

But, our Update today starts at the Mater Misericordiae Women's Hospital in Mona Vale.

At 12.45am, a portly matron runs as fast as her stout legs will carry her along the freshly waxed linoleum floors.

At 12.50am, as she arrives at the nurses' desk, she puffs "Sister, it will happen sometime today"

The sister nods briefly, "Are you quite certain? There can be no false alarm".

"The doctor believes it will be this afternoon" The portly matron replies.

At 12.52am, the sister lifts the receiver of the phone next to her and waits for the outside dial tone.

At that moment, in one of Mona Vale's grey government offices the stifling grey silence of bureaucratic ennui is broken by the shrill ring of a telephone.

At 12.53am, the grey clerk, somewhat surprised by the ringing of his hitherto silent telephone, cautiously lifts the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Mater Misericordiae Hospital here. We have a code 944A" Announces the excited voice on the other end of the phone. "It will happen sometime in the early afternoon."

"I see. Thankyou", says they grey clerk flatly as he replaces the receiver.

He has no idea what a code 944A is, but knows by its leading digit and the excitable woman's tone of voice that it's serious.

At 12.58am, the grey clerk gets up from his cubicle and shuffles to the shelf on the wall. He retrieves a blue folder marked 'Incident Codes - not for External Dissemination'

In the blue folder marked 'Incident Codes - not for External Dissemination' he thumbs through all of the code listings in an attempt to find the meaning as the clock on the office wall strikes 1pm.

At 1.01pm, the grey clerk places the blue folder marked 'Incident Codes - not for External Dissemination' to one side of his desk, reaches into his brief case and extracts a small brown paper bag.

From it he takes two sandwiches.

At 1.05pm, the grey clerk takes his two sandwiches and sits alone in the nearby park as the city bustles all around him.

At 1.43pm, having finished his two sandwiches, the grey clerk returns to the desk.

At 1.45pm, the grey clerk resumes searching for the code 944A in the blue folder marked 'Incident Codes - not for External Dissemination'.
Finally he reaches the section in question and is utterly shocked at the urgency of the description of code 944A

At 1.52pm, the grey clerk replaces the blue folder marked 'Incident Codes - not for External Dissemination' back on the shelf whence it came.

At 2.01pm, the grey clerk completes a form in triplicate and places one copy in the department managers' secretary's in-tray.

At 2.07pm, the grey clerk makes his way to department managers' office.

At 2.09pm, the department manager, who has forgotten the name of name of the grey clerk, ushers him to sit down and takes the two remaining copies of the form from the grey clerk. He places the top copy in his own in-tray and reads from the final carbon copy.

At 2.13pm, the department manager, having read the triplicate copy and satisfied himself with the imperative urgency and legitimacy of that self same document, breaks the intolerably stifling grey silence of bureaucratic ennui by asking the grey clerk. "You are certain of this?"

At 2.14pm, the grey clerk responds. "Yes. It is to happen this afternoon."

At 2.15pm, the department manager reaches across his desk and grabs a red telephone with a single push-button. He lifts the receiver, and pushes the button.

At that time, a similar red-phone at the mayors office rings

At 2.16pm the receptionist answers:

"Orreah's office"

"Ministry of Births, Deaths and Marriages" says the officious voice at the other end of the line. "We have a code 944A, due in about an hour."

"Oh my'" gurgles the receptionist, who knows what a 944A means, "I'll let Orreah know".

At 2.18pm, being Friday, Orreah was at home enjoying a late breakfast of pure alcohol to avoid the onset of a hangover from the previous night

The loud ring of the phone pushes straight through his groggy head.

At 2.19pm, Orreah begrudgingly answers: "Hello"

"Orreah, It's time." says his receptionist. "Do you want me to arrange the necessary?"

"Yes, you know what to do".

At 2.20pm the receptionist frantically calls those people on her list to prepare for the imminent code 944A.

At 2.21pm,  the doctor at the Mater Misericordiae

slaps the air into the lungs of millionth child, all of Shosaloza celebrates as Mona Vale delivers to it the millionth child.

And the mother of this auspicious child?

Where did she wed?

Why, the Rector's (he, he, he :D) recently completed church of St Serfontein, patron saint of the numbers.

You see, with persistence, even a meek Rector (he, he, he  :D)  can get what he wants too.
Thanks eveyone for viewing  :thumbsup:

BarbyW

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Excellent, Matt, and you had me wondering right to the end.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Colyn

Great stuff ... good job ... my 944A is very ellusive :(
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

rooker1

Great update, the park around the church fits perfectly.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

Ha , Matt , I love that so much when I have to stop more than a few seconds in front of a picture to examine it , wondering "How he did that" , searching for all details you added to a Lot , wondering "From where is this prop coming " ...thank you for excite so well my curiosity . My first reaction coming here , and seeing your constant and great use of seasonal trees , is always to remember pictures from "Far from Heaven" one of my favorite movies ...

Great . &apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

CabraBuitre

Great job Matt!

Is the Taunton State Hospital available anywhere (anymore?)?  I thought I had a copy of it... but the key word there was HAD.  It may have been over at PEG's, I'm not sure, but I'm kicking myself for cleaning it out of my plugins.  I don't remember what I THOUGHT it was, but I remember now and wish I'd looked at it first!!

Check out Abelfarei!

sebes

Congratulations with the 944A case Matt...  ()flower() Flowers for a job well done. Once again your story was very exciting and amusing... !
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

PanzerMan1009

Hey Mattb
on page 4 of the thread, the first picture shows what I believe is one of C.P.'s victorian houses. You can't get it on the LEX or anywhere else as far as I know. I just think that it would look really good in my city. I'm sorry I have to turn to you, but you're the only one that actually appears to have that house other than C.P. By the way, did I mention your map looks AMAZING?!? I love your buildings also. Thanks, and best regards
:thumbsup:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

First of, please PanzerMan1009, it is consider bad manners to revive a old thread.
The post before yours is 9 years old.

There is a board for these kind of questions: Where can I find this ....?¿
Another think that could help was to include a picture of the house in question.

Arthur:They are upload two year after the post was made.