• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palpatine001

WHOA Release Day Hype and Spam  :o

Anycase by the sounds of it work is coming along fine here indeed

Any teaser pics for us to make us drool anymore?

[Gets drool buckets out and sells them for 50c each]
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Shadow Assassin

Oh, come on, 50c?

You could make a killing if you gouged people for those buckets! :P

Say, sell them for $3 each, that's $2.52 profit for you!

Think of the business opportunities on the days leading up to the 5th of November...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Starmanw402007

Wouldnt it be neat if these new modds come out on christmas :D. I'm not saying it wont. But it would make a nice christmas present if it did come out then LOL, But I can wait I have patience ()stsfd().

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!
Your Friend;
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

nerdly_dood

Merry christmas!

Pictures of all the most complicated stuff you can make with the TLA would be appreciated--pictures of all the curves, intersections, anything that won't show up as whatever network it's based on plz (like how RHW13b shows up as ant)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Filasimo

youre time and patience and support and stopping by this thread for updates would be appreciated as in we will post updates when we post them so stay tuned! :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Starmanw402007

Just looking forward to seeing all these new projects for solving our traffix problems. Sometimes I ask myself this ? concerning the sims anyways $%Grinno$% :D. Where do these sims get their driver's license from? a crackerjack box :D.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point and Maxiston
Your Friend;

Palpatine001

[Changes price tag]

I am now charging $5ea for Drool Buckets due to the introduction of the 150% Palpatine Gift Tax and 200% GivePalpatineAllYourMoneyKnow Tax - sorry gotta love the Tax Department

Now then I pass I motion of support and Thanks to the TLA Team for all their hardwork on this project

Can I have a Seconder Please

Further more I would like to pass a second motion for More Pics please

Can I have a seconder for that

After they have been seconded we will take a vote

Now then I wunder what TLA options we might have?
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Filasimo

Quote from: Filasimo on November 02, 2007, 04:04:52 PM
youre time and patience and support and stopping by this thread for updates would be appreciated as in we will post updates when we post them so stay tuned! :thumbsup:
need i say more?  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Godzillaman

Nope, Filasmo...but...just wondering...but...is this still being worked on? It was doing good, but then there were no more updates in ages. Last update was on may 3 I believe...

"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

Tarkus

Actually, Godzillaman, the last update was about a month ago [link].  May 3rd is the day this thread started, and the original post is at the top of every page since the thread is stickied. 

The TLA project has sort of gone on hiatus, because our priorities had shifted toward RHW v20 (with MIS :)) and we also needed to revamp the Road Turning Lanes plugin, since the existing one was making our work on the TLA project extremely difficult. 

We haven't forgotten about the project though--jplumbley's got the new Road Turning Lane plugin in good shape at the moment, and as soon as things calm down a little on the RHW front, things will pick up quite a bit here.

Hope that answers your question.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Crissa

Also, did it include Turning-Lane-Road, or was that part of Surpassing-Lane-Road project?

-Crissa

Godzillaman

Quote from: Tarkus on November 15, 2007, 02:54:39 PM
Actually, Godzillaman, the last update was about a month ago [link].  May 3rd is the day this thread started, and the original post is at the top of every page since the thread is stickied. 

The TLA project has sort of gone on hiatus, because our priorities had shifted toward RHW v20 (with MIS :)) and we also needed to revamp the Road Turning Lanes plugin, since the existing one was making our work on the TLA project extremely difficult. 

We haven't forgotten about the project though--jplumbley's got the new Road Turning Lane plugin in good shape at the moment, and as soon as things calm down a little on the RHW front, things will pick up quite a bit here.

Hope that answers your question.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Thanks for clearing things up! :)
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

el_cozu

thanks man..... take your time so things get done perfectly....

by the way.... is there a review about the transportation systems in Sim City Societies?

Andreas

Quote from: el_cozu on November 28, 2007, 01:55:57 PM
by the way.... is there a review about the transportation systems in Sim City Societies?

Not that I want to clog the thread, but you have dirt roads and four-laned city roads, and you can plop bus stations and subway stations. There are cars and buses driving around on your streets, and that was it. No traffic simulator, no pathfinding engine, nothing.
Andreas

el_cozu

WOW.... it really sucks.... but oh well..... no onto the TLA...

thanks man keep up the good work...

JGCarter

I mean, why get SimCity Societies anyway if we have a talented NAM Team?  ;D

nerdly_dood

I agree with JGCarter. but we should keep on topic.  i mean, this is DEVO, not simtropolis, since this is the 'headquarters' of the NAM team, we should refrain from talk of subjects other than the thread's topic.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

el_cozu

that's right... i'll take some pictures of real TLAs... here in my city (Monterrey, Mexico)

Were i work they kind of like the TLA's, they are actually more functional in commercial areas

In my next post i'll upload some pictures of the TLR-3, TLA5, and TLA7. And you'll see how they would look in SC4 in action.

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

j-dub

In response to the simcity societies traffic question, there is the possibility of changing the roads by modding. Someone made a 6 lane, I believe, but also left a giant gap in between which looks like a car wide lane. I also have seen turn lanes, and regular 2 lanes, but cement, and a boulevard that looks like an avenue. In response, to TLA, how about pathing these?
  ()what()