• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

The intersections look fantastic, Alex! Excellent work!

Ryan B.

Lookin' better and better every time I see progress, Alex!  If you need any more help with textures, let me know, eh?

Starmanw402007

As i said before, those wider avenues will be an excellent idea for my overcrowed avenues I currently have in Steven's Point  ;D.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

vistla

I personally am following this project with great interest and anticipation. A wider variety of transit networks is something that this game has needed for quite some time. I only wish that I posessed the modding skills to help. Unfortunatly, I'm still a ways from even mastering the game playing aspect, so I must rely on others, such as yourselves, to improve the game for me/us. You must know that this is said with great appreciation. Looking forward to further development.

henryking

Well first of all....this is my very first reply on this forum.
And now: straight to the point

Bare awesomeness.....
I can't wait to see this roads in my City...
So my question is...will there be a release in any form in the near future?
This doesn't mean you should hurry .... just do the thing right and not half assed.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: henryking on August 27, 2007, 03:52:26 PM
So my question is...will there be a release in any form in the near future?
This doesn't mean you should hurry .... just do the thing right and not half assed.

Well, with RL, we never know when we can get stuff done for this.  So, as standard NAM Policy response:

It will be released when it's released. $%Grinno$%
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tommy7777

Ok thanks and I really like those Intersections, they are cool.

&hlp Tommy7777 &hlp

Adriano57

Pat

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 27, 2007, 05:05:39 PM
Well, with RL, we never know when we can get stuff done for this.  So, as standard NAM Policy response:

It will be released when it's released. $%Grinno$%

Rick i thought that was any teams or individule's response to when is it released lol....
Alex that is looking wonderful and if you need a outside beta tester im willing  :D 
OK so that is my sneaky way of saying i really want TLA lol.....  Either way   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

flame1396

Something I am waiting for. Seems lots of revolutionary mods are just a couple months away....
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: patfirefghtr on August 29, 2007, 01:58:33 PM
Rick i thought that was any teams or individule's response to when is it released lol....

Well, I could have said the most hated word in the NR2003 community of "Soon". LOL.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Ryan B.

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 29, 2007, 06:37:28 PM
Well, I could have said the most hated word in the NR2003 community of "Soon". LOL.
OT:  NR2003?  I'm still on N4 over here, and still painting cars!   &apls

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rickmastfan67

Quote from: burgsabre87 on August 29, 2007, 09:21:22 PM
OT:  NR2003?  I'm still on N4 over here, and still painting cars!   &apls

OT: Ever look at my sig? lol. ;)

Tarkus

Been awhile since I've had anything to report here, but I'm still plugging away on the TLAs.  To answer everyone's question about the diagonals on the TLA-3, here's a sample texture.  (The compression from the JPEG seems to have degraded the quality some.)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Madeira aka Constantina

very nice but similar to RHW ones. i think it would look better it it was unique.

nice work. keep it up.

BigSlark

Madeira,

The RHW and TLA look the same as all highway striping is very similar in the USA as it based on the United States Federal Highway Administartion's publication theManual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.

All roads that are funded with Federal monies are required to follow this standard and most non-Federal roads are striped to the same specifications to simplify the striping diagrams and other assorted materials used by departments of transportation.

As for the color of the asphalt (or bitumen, as you're from the UK), well, that's an entirely different discussion. It has been decided as the closest representation of coloration and wear for North America.
In my area, older (20+ year) asphalt roads have a reddish-brown tinge to them as its very sunny here and the composition of the asphalt is a very regional mix.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

Ooh, diagonals! Looks great, Alex! Keep up the fine work, my friend!

Sober

Oh boy, this is just amazing! More realism and variety in our road networks!

Just a question though Tarkus, if you are doing an 6-lane avenue, is it possible to just have it with just a yellow line as the divider, instead of a gap? And by that extension, is there a chance to see a 4-lane avenue without the divider? (Maxis ones feel too fancy with the divider and having all those props, e.g. trees, streetlights inbetween dividing the lanes)

Tarkus

Sober, to answer your question, there are plans for there to eventually be "medianless" Avenues in both 4 and 6-lane configurations as part of the NWM. :)  With the code we're developing, it should be fairly easy to port the RULs over to the new mod.  Texturing would probably be the only thing that would really need to be done on that end to make it happen.

-Alex (Tarkus)