• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rady

Quote from: skitbil on May 25, 2010, 08:46:48 AM
Hey, how can I have an intersection between an ARD and a road, but after the intersection, the ARD turns into a one way road?

I suppose you can't, since this equals an road t-junction with an one-way-road joining on the free side like this:

O
      O
      O
RRRRRRRRRRR
      R
      R
      R

which I assume is impossible, too.

At least I haven't mastered such a junction right now.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Tarkus

Quote from: sitejunction on May 26, 2010, 05:34:46 AM
Will there be overpasses and Elavated Puzzle Pieces for NWM networks? Like the current One Way Road, Road, and Avenue Puzzle Piece Set Up.

Eventually, though that's more of a long-term plan.  The main issue is that it would require intensive modeling work to elevate the NWM networks.

-Alex

metarvo

Quote from: skitbil on May 25, 2010, 08:46:48 AM
Hey, how can I have an intersection between an ARD and a road, but after the intersection, the ARD turns into a one way road?

I managed to build an intersection like this that is functional according to the tests that I've run, but it requires TuLEPs to build.  It requires the use of the RoadxRoad TuLEP intersection, as well as two Road TuLEP transitions, a OWR-3 to OWR-2 transition, and two TLA-3 TuLEP transitions.

EDIT: Updated for improved functionality
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

skitbil

I want to the ARD to have two lanes one way and one lane the other way the whole way through.

Aaron Graham

Is the NAM working on diagonals for the widen roads they have created.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

deathtopumpkins

The 1-tile networks already have diagonal functionality (even complete with transitions - though not all intersection possibilities work yet), and additional functionality should be added in the future.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

michi_cc

Is it just me or is an Elevated Highway / OWR-5 crossing missing all paths on both networks? I can do a screenshot later if needed, just got no time for it right now.

Rady

Quote from: skitbil on May 26, 2010, 04:12:46 PM
I want to the ARD to have two lanes one way and one lane the other way the whole way through.

It's sometimes tricky to create crossings with NWM roads involved. E.g. I discovered that when crossing the OWR-3 with the ARD-3, the ARD reverses it's orientation after the crossing (that is, I do have 2 lanes right / 1 lane left before the crossing, and 1 lane right / 2 lanes left after the crossing). I discovrered that this only works if you drag the ARD first and then drag the OWR over the ARD to create the crossing. Dragging the OWR first and then the ARD over the OWR resulted in above mentione problem.

So possibly just try to change the order of dragging your road / ARD.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

scruffylkn

Excellent piece of work!!

Just having a problem with the in-road/in-avenue bus stop and subway tiles.
Any suggestions?

Tarkus

Quote from: scruffylkn on May 27, 2010, 04:35:02 PM
Excellent piece of work!!

Just having a problem with the in-road/in-avenue bus stop and subway tiles.
Any suggestions?

There aren't any in-road/in-avenue bus stop/subway tiles for the NWM.

-Alex

scruffylkn

So, the NWM won't work with other transit lots I have downloaded like bus and subway stops that sit over the roadway tiles instead of taking up tiles beside roads?

Bummer.

jdenm8

Quote from: scruffylkn on May 27, 2010, 04:52:00 PM
So, the NWM won't work with other transit lots I have downloaded like bus and subway stops that sit over the roadway tiles instead of taking up tiles beside roads?

Bummer.

They will work, it's just they'll look terrible and may break the override.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

peace

I have download NAM May 2010 and NWM, but everytime I try to make a 3 lane one way it shows up blank and it says on every plop for NWM that intersection string is missing. Can anybody help me out?

Tarkus

Quote from: peace on May 29, 2010, 11:15:41 AM
I have download NAM May 2010 and NWM, but everytime I try to make a 3 lane one way it shows up blank and it says on every plop for NWM that intersection string is missing. Can anybody help me out?

It sounds like you've got some sort of conflicting plugin (outdated NAM version or something of the sort) sitting in your Plugins folder, and it's causing your NWM not to function.  See NAM FAQ Item #1 for more info--while you may not be running into the "red arrow", there's a similar process belying your issue.

Quote from: michi_cc on May 26, 2010, 10:35:41 PM
Is it just me or is an Elevated Highway / OWR-5 crossing missing all paths on both networks? I can do a screenshot later if needed, just got no time for it right now.

It is . . . appears that pathfile had an invalid path stanza count, which caused the whole thing to not function properly.  Got it fixed, and there will be a 1.0.3 update soon.

-Alex

Highrise99

Great mod!
I was very pleased with the turning lanes that came with the NAM, but then I noticed that in real life, turning lanes aren't just at intersections.
Then I saw the TULEPs, or is it TULEPS, whatever ::), and was happy with that, but realized it wasn't the full widening mod.
I remembered the NWM and downloaded that, and it was exactly what I thought those flower things were going to be like.
It's great-
turning lanes without an intersection, and even more than I expected-
all sorts of modified roads! :o
Great work!

Haljackey

An idea just came to me.  &idea

How about a ground highway to MAVE-6 transition? That way you don't lose a lane.
-The RHW to OWR / Avenue transitions work smoothly for 4 lane networks, but we don't have something there for the 6 lane ones.

Alex, I know you're very anti Maxis highway, but I feel this could be a good add-on to the mod. In addition, a RHW-6S to MAVE-6 transition could also be useful.

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm liking how you're using the NWM in your cities!  :thumbsup:

imperialmog

I was noticing that what would be helpful for me is a TLA-3 to TLA-5 transition.

sim-al2

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on May 31, 2010, 07:43:42 AM
An idea just came to me.  &idea

How about a ground highway to MAVE-6 transition? That way you don't lose a lane.
-The RHW to OWR / Avenue transitions work smoothly for 4 lane networks, but we don't have something there for the 6 lane ones.

Alex, I know you're very anti Maxis highway, but I feel this could be a good add-on to the mod. In addition, a RHW-6S to MAVE-6 transition could also be useful.

Actually, that sounds like a reasonable idea for most of the dual-tile two-way networks.  There will be a draggable Dual OWR-3-to-MAVE-6 transition in Version 2.0 as well.

Quote from: sim-al2 on May 31, 2010, 12:44:41 PM
Not quite... I just found these:

http://yume22.tistory.com/category/:%20%E5%A4%A2%E5%AD%90%27s%20BAT%26LOTs

(scroll down)

Very nice, but looking at the date, they're from 2008--2 years before the NWM was released. So in all likelihood, they're designed to work with Ryan B.'s old Avenue texture mod, meaning they're TE'd for Avenue and won't work on the TLA-5.

-Alex

CaptCity

Quote from: Tarkus on May 31, 2010, 02:22:05 PM
Very nice, but looking at the date, they're from 2008--2 years before the NWM was released. So in all likelihood, they're designed to work with Ryan B.'s old Avenue texture mod, meaning they're TE'd for Avenue and won't work on the TLA-5.

I noticed the date on them, too, but being curious, tried them out. They wouldn't plop on the TLA-5, as expected.