• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A200

j-dub

Aaaling  does make a point about the RHW. It would be unfair to stop playing this game, waiting for the NWM when Tarkus had to do all that for the last RHW release alone. At this point though, the RHW seems to be following off very limited NWM elements. Take the selectable turn lanes for example, those are already looking to be used for future RHW development, but they are also planned for roads, and came from here first. I had noticed prototype RHW stuff wanting to work with NWM stuff, where it almost looks like Tarkus is already at the point to make both network types interact with each other, but the NWM still has yet to be born, the RHW is still growing.

Sgwk372

Hey how come when I'm trying to log on with the same account I use here in the BSC Lot Exchange, a picture with a gorilla and a keyboard shows up?

BTW Sorry for going off topic.

Tarkus

Quote from: Sgwk372 on April 05, 2009, 07:24:21 PM
Hey how come when I'm trying to log on with the same account I use here in the BSC Lot Exchange, a picture with a gorilla and a keyboard shows up?

The login for the Exchange and the Forums is separate. 

-Alex

Sgwk372

Quote from: Tarkus on April 05, 2009, 07:30:17 PM
The login for the Exchange and the Forums is separate. 

-Alex

Hmm, it worked when I used this account

remanh

This might have been mentioned earlier, but will the AVE-6 be able to seamlessly connect with the RHW-6C?

Ryan B.

Quote from: remanh on April 06, 2009, 08:57:12 AM
This might have been mentioned earlier, but will the AVE-6 be able to seamlessly connect with the RHW-6C?

That's a good question . . . and gives me some ideas.   ;)

lf420

This looks awesome. I can't wait...

Oh, hello first post.

mike3775

I know I can't wait for this to be released. 

The new stuff looks awesome

Luigi

Whoa... Just one word: "T'riffic". Really, it's beautiful!   &apls

mike3775

If this has been asked before I do not recall ssing it even reading throughout this thread(I may have missed it though), but will the Tram in Ave be compatible with the extra lanes?

Tarkus

Quote from: mike3775 on April 17, 2009, 01:51:41 PM
If this has been asked before I do not recall ssing it even reading throughout this thread(I may have missed it though), but will the Tram in Ave be compatible with the extra lanes?

We haven't gotten to that point in development yet, really.

-Alex

mike3775

Quote from: Tarkus on April 17, 2009, 02:38:39 PM
We haven't gotten to that point in development yet, really.

-Alex

Not a problem at all, just wondering.

Add me to the list eagerly awaiting this mod though, the stuff is getting better and better every day it seems

Sgwk372

Just one question (the same on I asked earlier) can the AVE-6 cross canyons, valleys, mountains, rivers and other bodies of water?

Tarkus

The AVE-6 will be able to go over any type of land, just like you would do with the Road network (which it is based on).  The bridge stuff is an unknown at this time, as it's a 3-tile network.  There's been some proposals out there (making a "MAVE-6" bridge based on Maxis Highways, for instance), but that's probably a ways out.  I don't anticipate the AVE-6 or any of the 3-tile networks will be in Version 1.

-Alex

tacall

it's anyone working for this proyect??

Because it looks that the proyect is in stand-by or canceled  ()what()

choco

ruste200

Jonathan

It will be ready when it is ready, no release date as then the content is either rushed and not as good or you miss your deadline and it all fails miserably :)

Jonathan

Haljackey

Quote from: ruste200 on April 24, 2009, 10:30:55 AM
Will take long time to launch?

Its been a work in progress for over 2 and a half years, but yes progress is being made.  Its a painstakingly long, difficult process to make these types of transit networks, and we have to be patient as its development continues.