• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

SA, you'd be familiar with the 6-lane "goat tracks" that radiate from Sydney, basically those 6 lane avenues with a very thin concrete barrier replacing the double white lines. It'd be quite intersting to see if they would work in this mod.

Indeed, I'm very familiar with those. They will most definitely work, since all that needs to be done is a T21 that has to be added to simulate the median barrier.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Patricius Maximus

Light rail? Median barriers? It gets better all the time.

Shadow Assassin

It does, eh?

Addendum: This is what Owen Luby was talking about - the "goat tracks" that run throughout Sydney, most were built in the 70s. While Sydney doesn't have a truly extensive freeway network, it does have an excellent arterial road network, much of which are clogged with traffic. :P
New Horizons Productions

SimsReporter

To Tarkus: Is The NWM going to use Puzzle Pecies like the RHW. Or is the NWM going to be like a draggable like a (Road, Street, Avenue, One Way)?
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

nerdly_dood

We have things like those "goat tracks" here in the US, but there's not much distinction between them, 6-lane avenues with a wider grass median, and 6-lane undivided avenues. (Mostly the roads with a similar barrier are 4-lane avenues within the city; when they are outside of the city they have a wider grass barrier with no curb, and in some places a steel guardrail)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: SimsReporter on August 19, 2008, 08:52:52 AM
To Tarkus: Is The NWM going to use Puzzle Pecies like the RHW. Or is the NWM going to be like a draggable like a (Road, Street, Avenue, One Way)?

It's going to use starter pieces like the RHW, by and large.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Owen Luby

Yes those are the ones. Now lets get some concrete textures and speed limit signs painted on the road to boot!
And are you also familiar with those s-lane configurations, where the far left lane ends to make room for the right turn lane?
I want SC4 back!!

Shadow Assassin

And are you also familiar with those s-lane configurations, where the far left lane ends to make room for the right turn lane?

Hmm, what sort of configuration? Is it the one where one lane ends and the other two lanes S over to the right?
New Horizons Productions

Fresh Prince of SC4D

May this give you an idea what I am talking about?....

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Owen Luby

Yes, what you said is correct, now just flip it to left-hand side mode and voila:

I want SC4 back!!

Shadow Assassin

Ohhhh!

Of course, I get you now. Just wasn't sure, because I've seen two different possible configurations of those. Maybe it can be done, but it depends on what and where it's being done.
New Horizons Productions

Owen Luby

I guess its not really worth making, but hey, seeing whats been done here, I guess anything's possible!
And how would one go about making those speed signs that are painted on the road, would it just be a simple texture?
I want SC4 back!!

Shadow Assassin

With Alex's SPM, it can easily be done. It can just be a simple painted texture that you plop as a puzzle piece.
New Horizons Productions

Owen Luby

Great! I might have a look into making the textures.
I want SC4 back!!

jigsawsam

nerdly_dood

Ahem.
Quote from: Tarkus on May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM
When is the NWM going to be released?

There is no release date or timeline for the NWM project.  It will be released when it is done.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

XL2007

It'll be done when it's done. 

And we'll just leave it at that, shall we?  Patience is a virtue.

Crissa

Hey, did this pick up the asynchronous road system (Single Lane Road or Three lane road) in its manifest?  I know that was mostly for looks, but so is this.

I don't see it in the first post.  I really would like the three-lane over the rest...

-Crissa

Tarkus

Quote from: Crissa on September 01, 2008, 11:30:49 PM
Hey, did this pick up the asynchronous road system (Single Lane Road or Three lane road) in its manifest?  I know that was mostly for looks, but so is this.

I don't see it in the first post.  I really would like the three-lane over the rest...

-Crissa

Yes, it did. :)  That network is called the "ARD-3" (Asymmetrical Road) now.

-Alex (Tarkus)