• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

dude! alex! you needa stop that, youre going to give everyone cavities with all those sweet updates were all taking in  $%Grinno$%
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

BigSlark

Wow! AVE-2 looks great, I hope it gets some T21 trees, bushes, and lampposts so it can beautify high-wealth low-density residential and commercial areas.

And maybe some mountain roads as well, where its too narrow for more than two lanes but it needs to be divided for safety reasons...

Just remember guys: whatever you come up with I'll find a new and interesting way to use it!

Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to more!

Cheers,
Kevin

kassarc16

I need to pull over, cause that just blew my mind! Nothing short of spectacular! &apls &apls

thundercrack83

A little AVE-2 action . . .

Unbelievable! I love it, Alex! I absolutely love it, my friend!

Dustin

SusanMarie1956

OMG, OMG, OMG, I about fell backwarks in the chair when looking the newest screenies. I'm stunned at what all of you are capable of doing.
-Susan Marie

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Haljackey

Very well done Tarkus! 

2 tiles seems like the best transition size to me.  Nice job with the intersections too!   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

el_cozu

i have som kind of question here...

i've seen some turning lane avenues here in monterrey, mexico (where i live) and the turning lanes have arrows at every crossing (depending on the way of the street)... and when is a double way street, the arrows are at the 2 sides of the crossing..... let me explain with a picture.

then.....

why not makin only ONE WAY like 2 tiles of the center turning lane... so it would be an exclusive turning lane for some crossing

i hope i make my point
if not... please reply

pilotdaryl

burgsabre87: I really like the texture you've come up with there!!!  If I could help at all, then I would, but I'm already too busy with all of my work, so I could give you guys some feedback.  Are you thinking of collaborating with the single-lane road project?

el_cozu

Quote from: pilotdaryl on February 29, 2008, 04:10:28 PM
burgsabre87:  Are you thinking of collaborating with the single-lane road project?

The single lane road is already on progress... it is called now the "asimetrical road"

it should be out on the release of the TLAs

Tarkus

Quote from: pilotdaryl on February 29, 2008, 04:10:28 PM
Are you thinking of collaborating with the single-lane road project?

Well, the so-called "SLR" never really was a separate project--it just looks that way as someone outside the team started a thread to request it.  As el_cozu pointed out, I've incorporated it into this project under the name ARD-3 (ARD=Asymmetrical Road).  The RULs I've written for the TLA-3/AVE-2 and the MIS can be re-used for the ARD-3, and I only need to make a few small changes to TLA-3 textures to turn them into ARD-3 textures.  I can't say for certain that it will be included with the first release of the TLAs, though.  It's a surprise. ;)

(And el_cozu, just a friendly reminder--please use the "Modify" button to edit your existing post instead of making a double post.  Thanks. :))

-Alex (Tarkus)

Crissa

el_cozu

sorry for the double post... it wont happen again...

may i ask... what does RUL mean?  :P

there are some abvreviations i cant really find at some threads what they exactly mean... RUL is one of them. just so i can fully understand the technical manners of this development

Tarkus

el_cozu, to answer your question, a RUL is a type of internal file that SC4 uses to define the placement of network tiles in the game (an abbreviation for "Rule").  There's roughly a couple dozen different ones, all with their own specialized purposes.  Editing them basically makes everything in the NAM, and everything you see here possible.

Hope that answers your question. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

Alex and Ryan (burgs) you 2 boys are just soooooooooooooo mean and you know what I love it!!! WOW talk about making me thank god I had a horrible nightmare lol.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

Wow. Those 2 and 6-lane avenues are looking good :) !!!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ryan B.

Quote from: Pat on February 29, 2008, 11:57:40 PM
Alex and Ryan (burgs) you 2 boys are just soooooooooooooo mean and you know what I love it!!! WOW talk about making me thank god I had a horrible nightmare lol.....

We try.   ;)  :P