• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

thundercrack83

I like that transition, Alex! It looks very realistic! I'll be looking forward to seeing more progress and development here, my friend.

Dustin

bat

Yes, that's looking very great! Looking forward to more progress, too! ;)

Starmanw402007

Cool Update tarkus, will look great in Steven's Point LOL. Keep Up The Great Work. :)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Ramona Brie

On the TLA3 to road transition, I think it needs to be more gradual to be more realistic - two or three tiles is best. The striping configuration works, however.

BigSlark

In my experience, TLA-3's are rarely built as such. They're either widened two lane roads that have some pavement added, undivided avenues that are restriped, or built as the DOT constructing them couldn't afford a TLA-5 at the time and figured something was better than nothing.

Besides, they aren't exactly high speed roads, perhaps 45 mph at most. I like the quick transition-perfect for suburban and urban areas, where they'll look the most at home.

Cheers,
Kevin

RebaLynnTS

You need to go down to Louisiana ... 55 on the TLA-3s, and they are all over the place, with a gradual transition. We had a lot of them in school zones, the road would be 2 lane, until you got close to the school, goto TLA-3, then back to 2 lane after the school zone. And, they never widen the bridges, go from a TLA-5, to a 2 lane bridge, and back to the TLA-5. Then they wonder why they have bottle necks :)
Becca

Ryan B.

All this talk about transitions got me to thinkin' . . .

This is the first prototype of a two-tile transition.

kassarc16

Tarkus

Ryan, that's spot on. :)  It won't be terribly difficult for me to turn it into a two-tiler, either, given the way I've initiated the override.

I'll be back with an in-game screenie of it in a little while. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

thundercrack83

That looks outstanding, Ryan! I can't wait to see Alex take it into the game!

BigSlark

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on February 28, 2008, 09:36:46 PM
You need to go down to Louisiana ... 55 on the TLA-3s, and they are all over the place, with a gradual transition. We had a lot of them in school zones, the road would be 2 lane, until you got close to the school, goto TLA-3, then back to 2 lane after the school zone. And, they never widen the bridges, go from a TLA-5, to a 2 lane bridge, and back to the TLA-5. Then they wonder why they have bottle necks :)

Which part of Louisiana is this? I was in Baton Rogue and the Northshore last week, LADOTD seemed to be doing a decent job considering the population explosion. They had big signs about the about to being widening project for I-12 between LA 3425 in Baton Rogue and US 51 in Hammond. Apparently the West Florida Republic Parkway is getting six lanes...

Upstate on the other hand, well, Louisiana does a good job of making Mississippi look good...

And to not be completely off topic, great looking texture, I can't wait to see it in game!

Cheers,
Kevin

starrdarcy

Those are some serious avenues! Great work, and i really like the progress on these types of mods, they are really adding more realism and options to the simcity community. I couldnt imagine the developers of the game would ever see the day that these kind of mods would be taking place. I bet with all the smaller mods, custom content and work on other areas of the game, we could have created a whole other expansion pack to the game! At any rate, keep up the good work,  :thumbsup:

Urban design & planning with SimCity with Sketchup

Tarkus

Thanks for all the support, guys!  It's really appreciated. :thumbsup:

As promised, screenies with the new textures.

And I've pathed them already as well.  (I also refined the TLA-3 pathing some.)

I can also reuse this for the AVE-2/Road transition. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

Thanks, Ryan!  :)  And it's about to get sweeter . . .

A little AVE-2 action . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Andreas

The TLA's are not for me with my European taste, but that AVE-2 looks very nice. We could put some trees and shrubs in the median and use it as a smaller version of a "parkway".
Andreas

CasperVg

Oh, me likey the development. Will the gaps be filled in urban places?

Anyways, I made an european look for the transition brugsabre posted; it was something I did for fun, but you can use it if you wish.

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

RebaLynnTS

This is wonderful stuff, can't wait to see more. The new trasition is perfect for the USA.

BigSlark .. I lived in Slidell for 30 years. After the Storm things began to get a lot better, but I still think they are 20 years behind on planning :)

Nice to know I-12 is getting a badly needed upgrade.
Becca