• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 64

Started by dedgren, October 24, 2008, 09:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 64 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 64
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1890  02/13/2008 04:20 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Criquette
[/data][data]Now that's hot! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1891  02/14/2008 05:16 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Of course your right what the random stuff is concerned. Can't wait...  :) I'll check back for updates for sure. That picture is just awesome, a new level of art imitating life.

Take care, David!

- Phil
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1892  02/14/2008 09:11 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]The countdown ticks on...

I've spent the last little bit updating my plugins folder with Brian's (c.p./cycledogg) newer version of seasonal trees.  They are more muted in color, and I think they really take a good autumn scene and make it great.

Compare this to some of my earlier seasonal tree pics and you'll see what I mean.  There's much more information on this over at 3RR [linkie].

hotdogs (ilikehotdogsalot), hey.  You are too kind.  Of course, the stuff I do is generally for the most selfish of reasons- it's just not been done yet and I need it.  I do like to share, though.

JKB (bakercity), thanks very much for being a 3RR Regular*, both here and at 3RR-SC4D.

vivydu29- ...and speaking of 3RR Regulars, thanks so much for your recent comments here.  I've missed hanging around with the 3RR-ST crowd.

Shanna, hi!  First-time commenting, if I'm not mistaken.  Welcome to the greatest collection of cyberfriends out there (imho, anyway).

Criquette (Marrast), wow- I almost don't know what to say.  I can't wait for 3RR Collaboration to start so that you can see the great things that you've done for the community off the STEX and into the region.  I am really honored that you like what we're doing.

Phil (PhilsCafe)- Art imitating life?   No, that was over at Acorn Creek [linkie] and now can be found at Sterling//Lake Champlain [linkie].

Later, folks.

David

*  A 3RR Regular, as I've not noted around here recently, is anyone who has posted in 3RR at least once, whether here on ST or over at SC4D.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1893  02/14/2008 10:03 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

JanYpe
[/data][data]
QuoteOriginally posted by: dedgren Here's that exclusive...

Those seasonals are some very artsy trees. I'm always a sucker for a nice rural scene. Count me as part of the demand for those cattle guards.  I'll need them once I finally force myself back into this game for my dream project. [/size][/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1894  02/18/2008 12:51 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]The 3RR Collaboration quads map as it stands today.

There's much more info about collaboration over at 3RR [linkie].  If you see your name on the map and you haven't checked in [linkie], please do that soon.

The clock continues to tick...

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1895  02/18/2008 12:52 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Jayo
[/data][data]dammmm!Thats good  :) Brilliant work there-I need to figuire how to make those maps man  ;D[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1896  02/22/2008 05:51 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Benedict
[/data][data]Awesome map! Your map-making skills (and patience) are just incredible. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1897  02/22/2008 06:00 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hiya david thanks for the hugsss and heres one for you hugzzzz,this is wonderfull rural my friend im wondering where you got the field and the cattle grid oh and the paths and fences,sorry if thats asking a lot there just what i could do with.i really do love what your doing here.[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1898  02/22/2008 06:23 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

gabry85
[/data][data]Wow, excellent fields, love the seasonal trees!  ;D :thumbsup:[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1899  02/22/2008 06:59 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

KingTitan
[/data][data]Now those are some fantastic and outstanding shots dedgren of a country field. Wonderful friend... Great details make it all that much better. Great stuff friend.  :)[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1900  02/22/2008 09:08 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]There's a lot of stuff going on over at 3RR [linkie] these past few days.  John (Darmok), has taken time from gearing up for collaboration to design us a flag.  We've pretty much settled on this great design of his.

There's still some discussion, though, so it's not too late to come on over and throw your two cents in.

Folks are also going to be seeing more of the topos I was working on last fall

as I complete the backstory for each collaboration quad.  Here's the one we just did for John's quad [linkie].

JanYpe, hey!  One order of cattle guards,my friend, coming up shortly.

jayo, hi over here!  After collaboration starts, I'll have more time and I'll see if I can pull together a comprehensive mapmaking tutorial.  There's so many great cartographers in this community, though.  I have one approach out of the many fine ones- great work is always on display here [linkie].

Benedict, heh!  That's a swing... and a miss.  My mapmaking skills, such as they are, far exceed my patience- I just try hard not to let that show.  Thanks for the really kind words.

Jacky (jacqulina)- ...and you will be seeing them all soon.  I've been working with Matt (threestooges) and Travis on a bunch of farming stuff that's not too far from being made generally available.  I am working on emailing some lots and textures for folks to play with in the meantime, and plan to catch everyone up on that who's asked by this weekend.  Thanks, my friend, for your long-time support of 3RR.

gabry85, hi!  I'm getting a sense that these will fill a need once they're available.  Brian (c.p./cycledogg) has given me permission to lot his seasonal trees, and I'm working on that.  I'm looking forward to finishing them up sometime in March.

KingTitan, always great to see your nic among the comments.  It'll be interesting to see the 20+ different takes we're going to get through collaboration on 3RR's predominately rural landscape.  Thank you for the encouragement, my friend.

And we head into the 'teens...

Later, friends.

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1901  02/22/2008 12:22 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hiya david my friend,wow thats an awesome flag darmok has made.thats great news i cant wait to try these great things out,would it be possible to be included in the lots and textures to try out please thanks.i love to keep an eye on this project its coming on so well.take care[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1902  02/22/2008 01:09 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Schulmanator
[/data][data]Love that flag! It's a great fit for 3RR.
I will be by on opening day to see the excitement... calendar is MARKED!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1903  02/23/2008 11:36 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]I'm looking forward to collaboration... this is definitely going to be interesting. Lots of talent united in one project. What we could see already is quite promising, the background information of John's quad very informative. I also like the flag a lot, I think it's a perfect fit!

- Phil
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1904  02/23/2008 11:50 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

SimRabbit
[/data][data]the cj is excellent david. you got to be the best CJer around here. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1905  02/26/2008 11:21 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Karst?

You just never know what we're doing over at 3RR [linkie].

And we're halfway there.

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1906  02/26/2008 04:08 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Benedict
[/data][data]I never get tired of seeing your great maps. Keep it up! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1907  02/26/2008 08:37 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

DioAngel
[/data][data]Oh wow nice david! *thumbs up* [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1908  03/02/2008 12:37 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Here is a link to the current 3RR "Quick Finder" [linkie], which we use to navigate quickly between locations in the now 150+ pages over at SC4D.

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1909  03/02/2008 12:49 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Mike the Mayor
[/data][data]Great great work all round there. I love your maps! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1910  03/17/2008 05:24 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Trainmaster423
[/data][data]dedgren, this is absolutely astounding! How did you find the time to do all of this????? I never have enough time to make my SC4 look anything like yours.[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1911  03/17/2008 05:39 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Jambi
[/data][data]Awesome, awesome maps.[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1912  03/20/2008 10:51 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]A ST Exclusive- the Dutchman - SE collaboration quad topo.

Click here [linkie] for the full-size version, which will open in a new window.

We've continued to run about 2,000 page views per month since the start of the year, but after a brief run of comments have pretty much settled back into a couple per week.  I read each one and very much appreciate the things that are said.  3RR is now, as of the 12th, in its third year on ST, and it's been quite a journey- thanks to those of you who are still on board after all this time.

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1913  03/21/2008 04:35 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dfnva
[/data][data]David,

As always, nice maps, I enjoyed perusing the links you had to all the maps on SC4D.

I was trying to remember if you had made, at one point, a transition from a PEG creek or pond to the SC4 water system... if so is it on the STEX?

Thanks,
Dan
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1914  X/XX/2008 XX:XX PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]
http://Benedict
[/data][data]Thanks for adding the table of links - makes it really helpful for those of us here at ST who still like to follow 3RR. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1915  03/22/2008 09:34 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]It's just fascinating to follow this project! The depth with all the background info is unprecedented.

- Phil
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1916  03/26/2008 08:30 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]As those who follow 3RR over at SC4D know, I've not been in the greatest of shape for the past couple of weeks.  My posting here, as there, is not near as frequent.  Don't worry, though- this will pass.

I note that, around the time of 3RR's second anniversary on March 12th, we had achieved  over those two years a combined total (SC4D+ST) of about 5,000 comments and 120,000 page views.  That's you at work- the doing of the 3RR Regulars*.  Thank you so much for your friendship and loyalty to Three Rivers Region.  You are, in a way, its residents.

I owe several folks who've asked a set of of my crop circle lots and textures.  I'll see if I can get those out by email over the next 48 hours or so.  I'm also revamping my ploppable water rapids and lots so that they work with jeronij's great new ploppable water.

Those will likely show up on the STEX and LEX shortly.  Dan (dfnva), in answer to your question, no, that's one thing I haven't done in the form of a lot.  I'll go back and take a look, as I have accomplished the same thing through careful plopping- back to you here on that one in an upcoming comment.

Anyway, just checking in.  Be happy to see you over at 3RR [linkie], where there's always more.

David.

*  A 3RR Regular, of course, is anyone who has ever posted here or over at 3RR on SC4D at least once.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1917  03/31/2008 10:00 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]

Well, it's been a little more a week since the last comment (we've had 62 over at 3RR-SC4D [linkie] during the same period) so I guess it's justified.  I have to admit that it's pretty tough to go looking for 3RR on page 7 or 8 of the index, but the page views would appear to indicate that folks still find it, somehow.

I've had a couple of folks ask how I felt about 3RR not making the ST Hall of Fame cut- all I can say is that the 12 CJs chosen richly deserve the honor, and each of them way more than our little effort here, which, bluntly put, is a long way from the final curtain.  I've said before that I really appreciate the loyalty of those here who are willing to follow 3RR, even from this distance.  While I may not be the flavor of the month at ST, you all are pie ala mode with whipped cream on top in my book.  Foot traffic remains close to 60 folks a day, but I'd make the trek over here for just one if that were the case.

So I'm resigned to never being Member of the Month, never getting interviewed, never seeing 3RR in the ST Hall of Fame, and being passed over for Trixie consideration except for getting the ones that get given out for team membership (they missed the one for the NAM Team last year, btw- I've been a member since working on the wide road curves).  That stuff's all OK because of you, the greatest CJ audience in the world.

We hear from folks in 3RR every so often.  Apparently high gas prices aren't going over so well in Pineshore, either.

I've been on kind of a LOTting tear since the BP scare cut my 'puter time way back.

Today I posted a tutorial on how to get these nice custom icons into the game menu [linkie].

I guess I could add "no interest in the tutorials I've written" to the above list...

...but, hey, that would be whining.

And 3RR, first and foremost, is a

So, my friends, take care.  Post if you'd like, but please- never be strangers.

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1918  03/31/2008 10:10 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

mightygoose
[/data][data]my 2000th comment belongs here.... great work squire.... [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1919  04/03/2008 11:13 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Here's a link to the 3RR Farm Field lots [linkie].  There's more, shortly, in that pipeline.

John (mightygoose)- thanks so much for comment 2000 (yours, of course).  Your ongoing support of 3RR has meant a lot to me.

Oh, almost forgot- when I logged on early this morning, Alaska time, I saw this.

That's a lot of 5s...

Thanks, folks!

David
[/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax