• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper 2013 Version Support thread Version 5!

Started by wouanagaine, January 13, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsaw

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 23, 2013, 03:37:24 PM

Can you explain why/what you found it clunky ?

IMO the colours (in config editor) are off putting. at first i found it distracting, but i just played with it again and it's not clunky. the program works fine. what i thought was affected must of just been me disoriented with the coloured squares.

i think i still prefer white borders, but it's your hard work and vision, so i will go along with whatever you decide of course. im just happy to have a version that works  :thumbsup:

thank you so very much for helping through this. much appreciated by myself.
insert signature here

Yild

Quote from: jigsaw on January 24, 2013, 02:34:09 AM
IMO the colours (in config editor) are off putting. at first i found it distracting, but i just played with it again and it's not clunky. the program works fine. what i thought was affected must of just been me disoriented with the coloured squares.

or users would be able to choose their own colors...  ;D
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

wouanagaine

In fact it is Cogeo's idea which I agree with, the colors are the one used in config.bmp. Most of the upcoming features ( v5 is in the way, and about to be release to testers ) are in fact coming from Cogeo's head :)

So you might be confused by them because you may not edit the config.bmp everyday. But I think it will benefit Map creators

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dobdriver

Oh yes for sure, keep red green and blue.

pieman101

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 24, 2013, 12:23:10 AM
Quote from: pieman101 on January 23, 2013, 05:20:58 PM
Can you please make this for Mac. I really want to have Sc4mapper but I have a mac. So can you please make this for mac.   ::)
At the end of February, I should create a GitHub repo with all sources, then someone might be able to do a Mac version

yay   ()stsfd()
Derrrrrrrrrrrp!!!!!!!!!!!  i post cuz i want to

ReubenH

Hey, I have a nice wee problem for yah... How the heck do I download this!!!

http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2880

There's only 3 links on that whole page, User guide, support, and close this window. All links on the forum here to download it just point to that page... Am I missing something?

Swordmaster

Yes. You need to log in to the LEX. It's a separate account from the one on the forums, so you need to create one if you didn't already.

Cheers
Willy

xession

Every region I've tried, be greyscale, SC4M or even the default SC4 regions, the load screen goes away and my cursor appears to hang with an hourglass and the central region of SC4M remains white. However, the program isn't really hanging, because I can still click 'Load Region', 'Create Region', and 'Quit' even though my cursor remains as an hourglass.

I tried the workaround, creating a dummy 'My Documents' folder in C:\, I gave the app admin privileges, and changed compatibility to Windows XP.

-running Windows 7 x64, SC4 deluxe

wouanagaine

I've just uploaded Version 5 which so far as fixed all the problems some people had and allow you :
- to create huge map,
- to get a 'best' config.bmp setup when importing a 16bit/RGB or jpg map ( no more only small cities )
- crop part of the region to only play on smaller parts
- move the config.bmp overlay to adjust where you want to play

@xession, give it a try, there is also a 'Debug' version that flood a console windows with what it's doing, if the problem persists, use the debug version and past the text here so I can have a look at it

( In process of updating the UserGuide thread )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Serkanner

I have just installed and used this version for the first time ( Win 7 64x i5 4GB RAM )  ... it works flawlessly. Thank you Wou for another great tool!

goin2chicago

According to the ReadMe, when you use the 'Save' button, it should automatically create a subfolder in the regions folder, as which point you can then load the game to find your new region.

This is not working for me. When i save, the green bar runs smoothly, yet no folder is created, nor can I find any folder or file when doing a search on my entire computer.

The only changes I had made in Mapper were to the config.bmp. Hopefully I am just committing a simple error. Any help would be much appreciated!

dobdriver

G'Day Goin2chicago,

You have downloaded the latest version? It was updated a couple of days ago. The first version had a problem like that.

If so then there are two save buttons 'Save Region' and 'Save Image'. When saving a region not only is there a green bar, it also shows the individual tile creation. Save Region is the third button from the left.

Cheers

Swordmaster

Steph, saving the image without city border overlay still creates one-pixel wide gray lines on the map. Is this intentional? It gave me an idea: I like these images better than the ones with blue/green/red overlay. Ideally, there could be three image saving options: thick blue/green/red line overlay, subtle gray line overlay, and no overlay at all. What do you think?

EDIT: There's also no overwrite warning dialogue when saving image files. This would be handy for goofs like me who always pick the same filenames.

Cheers
Willy

wouanagaine

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 04, 2013, 05:18:51 AM
Steph, saving the image without city border overlay still creates one-pixel wide gray lines on the map. Is this intentional? It gave me an idea: I like these images better than the ones with blue/green/red overlay. Ideally, there could be three image saving options: thick blue/green/red line overlay, subtle gray line overlay, and no overlay at all. What do you think?

EDIT: There's also no overwrite warning dialogue when saving image files. This would be handy for goofs like me who always pick the same filenames.

Cheers
Willy
Unfortunatly the one grey pixel border is a side effect of 'memory reduction' and I can't get ride of it without clamping huge map support :(

As for the confirmation, it might be added ( aslo big warning, the confirmation dialog for save region is not working, it will always erase the previous region even if you choose 'cancel' )
This will be fixed when I will uplaod the source code

New Horizons Productions

Swordmaster

Okay, it's no big deal (memory reduction much more important). Will continue to use TF to get clean maps then :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

dobdriver

The first version Wouanagaine (French installer) uploaded imported unlined maps irrespective of the city grid showing or not, I just re-installed that version beside V5. Apart from V5 being able to load much larger maps it is also much faster than the first version.

I can see good reason to have an unlined region image but the visual clue of an outline definitely helps me in mass rendering.

Cheers
dobs

nutchapon003

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions

andisart

hello all! first let me say thanks for this handy little tool you created! :)

Wanted to ask: is it possible to make config.bmp changes in SC4mapper for an existing region and saving in to that file, not to a new region? So basically that you can change where the city boundaries are lying in your region.

If not, if you have to save as a new region, I assume this region only contains geographical data, no other modifications of any kind that might be present in the original, correct?

What I'm trying to do is to recreate a map for Skyrim, however, the grayscale I got is only good as a start. A lot of tweaking of the map is necessary. So far no problem, I have the region filled with large city tiles. But once I want to fill the region with cities and places of significance I need to reconfigure the city tile layout, because the initial one doesnt suit. Therefor I want to clarify what steps are safe to take before making the config.bmp change, and what steps need to come after. (I dont want to start of with the final config.bmp because it contains a lot of small city tiles and it would be tedious and more difficult to alter the terrain on the whole region consistenly)

I read the manual but it didnt go into this kind of detail. So I'd appreciate your advice.
Thanks very much indeed.

wouanagaine

Not sure I understand the question correctly, so let me rephrase it

You have a SC4 region, and you want to change its cities layout 'inplace', correct ?

inplace just means that you write over the same folder in your SC4 regions folder, that means SC4Mapper erase everyfile from this folder and write over. So in a sense it will work until something wrong happen and you risk to loose everything

My suggestion is that you works with SC4M, as the SC4M includes the config.bmp and you make a backup copy of the SC4M or use a versionning scheme to name it
Also if you just want to change the layout, using RGB or 16bit png might be enough, as when you export to these formats; a config.bmp is also written next to your map file

Hope it helps

New Horizons Productions