• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper 2013 Version development & suggestion

Started by cogeo, January 16, 2013, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobdriver

What about using the hubble palette?

I like your map though ;<)

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

nichter85

Hallo,
I've tested v5 and I'm amazed about the performance. I could easily create a 136x136 region from RGB, also saving the region didn't take any longer than 4 or 5 minutes.
The config editing works out fine and this tool is definitely the most convenient part of the upcoming version  :thumbsup:.

I have a question though: Does the game require any adjustments for handling these big regions? Trying to open the 136x136 region resulted in a CTD, no matter whether it was created from RGB or SC4M.
When I reduced region size to 112x136, I could open it in the game, i could open city tiles, i could even save them, but returning to region view resulted in CTD.
When I reduced the region size to 112x112 everything is OK.

dobdriver

G'Day Nichter,

I gather by those sizes that are causing crashes you are using 32bit windows?

I have opened 156x156 regions with a 64bit windows. Greater than this CTD. I patched SimCity 4.exe with 4GB Patcher and SC4 will now open 224x224 regions.

Cheers
dobs

nichter85

Quote from: dobdriver on February 06, 2013, 07:03:18 PM
G'Day Nichter,

I gather by those sizes that are causing crashes you are using 32bit windows?

I have opened 156x156 regions with a 64bit windows. Greater than this CTD. I patched SimCity 4.exe with 4GB Patcher and SC4 will now open 224x224 regions.

Cheers
dobs

No, I use a 64 bit windows. I haven't patched SC4, so I think that's the issue. How does the patching work though?

dobdriver

G'Day Nichter,

The patcher will work from inside the zip, no installation needed.

double click the patcher and in the pane that opens navigate to the simcity 4 exe file.
Select it and click OK
A dialogue will open advising it has been patched, click OK.

It will make a back up of the executable.

Cheers
dobs

whatevermind

I tried out the new version yesterday, and I have to say it works beautifully. It's very easy to use and navigate, and I love the config editor and being able to snag only parts of some of these larger regions to play on.

One feature though that would be helpful is being able to do fine rotations of the region (or config). Something that worked similar to the config mover, where as long as you have room, you can spin the region to get the desired alignment.

I realize this can be done by exporting to PNG, rotating the PNG, cropping, and reloading - but if it was built in it would save a lot of steps. Not to mention some time for all the mapmakers who get requests for rotated regions.

Overall, excellent tool, opens up a whole new world of regions.  :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

thanks, but I really don't know if I'll do it
The source will soon be available, so maybe someone will do :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

Github project started at :
https://github.com/wouanagaine/SC4Mapper-2013

The sources will come soon ( 1 or 2 days ) as well as some bug fixes new version on LEX

People who want to contribute or fork the repo, please take notice that any executable version ( win, mac, linux, etc.. ) should be uploaded on LEX ( will be uploaded by LEX admin under your name if you don't have LEX upload rights )

New Horizons Productions

SIM CITY 4 RUSH HOUR

Quote from: original françaisBonjour wouanagaine et les autres, j'ai compiler d'après les codes sources les fichier *.dll de sc4mapper 2013 en 64 bits x64 qfs.c en qfs.pyd d'après le fichier qfs.c original et tools3D.cpp en tools3D.pyd d'après le fichier tools3D.cpp modifié à la ligne n° 87
tools3D.cpp original en ligne n°87
int pos = 0;
tools3D.cpp modifié pour x64 en ligne n° 87
long long pos = 0;
. Si ça intéresse quelqu'un d'avoir le SC4Mapper 2013 en 64 bits x64? et wouanagaine tu peut prend le fichier zip "SC4Mapper 2013 x64 pyd.zip" ci joint dans mon message.
Pour info le x86 32 bits est lui limiter à 2 Go de ram par processus et le x64 64 bits est lui limiter à 8 To de ram (8.192 Go de ram) par processus.

Quote from: Translator par bing Français >> Anglais
Translator by bing  French >> English
Hello wouanagaine and others, I compile from source code sc4mapper *.dll file 2013 in 64-bit x 64 qfs.c in qfs.pyd based on the original qfs.c file and tools3D.cpp in tools3D.pyd based on the tools3D.cpp file that is modified in line no. 87
original tools3D.cpp online n ° 87
int pos = 0;
Online tools3D.cpp modified for x 64 No 87
long long pos = 0;
If someone have the 2013 SC4Mapper 64-bit x 64 are interested? and wouanagaine you can take the zip file "SC4Mapper 2013 x 64 pyd.zip" attached in my message.
For info the x 86 32 bit is him limit to 2 GB of ram per process and x 64 64-bit is limited it to 8 TB of ram (8.192 GB ram) by process.
Requierements
python 2.7 x64
Numpy 1.6.2 x64 or higher
PIL 1.1.7 x64 or higher
pywin32 218 x64 or higher
wxPython 2.9.4 x64 or higher
for SC4Mapper 2013 in x64
SC4Mapper 2013 source code of wouanagaine