• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

Original

Original

Oh thanks! :)

In Manitoba we call it an off/on ramp (highway or not).

But then again Manitoba is very different from Canada and the rest of the World.

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

j-dub

In the past, there actually was developer talk of right turn lanes, but if that really is the case, it will be a real long while.

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on August 11, 2009, 10:22:21 AM
In the past, there actually was developer talk of right turn lanes, but if that really is the case, it will be a real long while.

May not actually be that long . . . ;)

And to answer the slip lane question--yes, absolutely.

-Alex

Original

Quote from: pagenotfound on August 11, 2009, 06:35:31 AM

anything like this coming?

Alex, do you think this will take up an extra tile or two?

Nique

Proudly developer of

CityMaster563

I showed this image long ago in the Rural Highway Project thread, but I think that this is the perfect place to bring this image back up:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1309/nwmintersection1.png

This photoshopped image shows how a wide 6 lane avenue intersection looks like. This one only has 4 lanes, but I think 5 lanes is a good number. I hope that this will be possible in the future
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

Original

jgehrts

Nique - the only problem with that intersection is that traffic in the through lane, when going straight forward, would end up in the opposing left-turn lane on the other side of the intersection.

Pat

ummmmm wow!!! OK Ive been out of the loop a bit unrelated but wow!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TmiguelT

OMG  :o NO WAY ..... is that real or am i dreaming?  &apls....

I think TuLEP will be the most download content from the NAM team when it is release..  &apls

sithlrd98

Now thats what I'm talking about! Excellent job...been a long time coming! &apls &apls &apls

Jayson

j-dub

Ew, this is tricky, two tiles, but when it comes to the math of having room for a sidewalk, getting the lanes centered, and having enough of a curve to make that right turn, guess thats necessary.

On Alex's style
Pro: seems like it would align to scale Con: Takes up two tiles

On Nique's style
Pro:only takes 1 tile Con: offset lanes, however if both options were considered, this space saver could come in handy