• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johanu

I'm having traffic problems with Tram-in-Avenue intersections with roads and streets, so I'm wondering if there's any plan to implement TuLep intersections with Tram-in-Avenue crossings?

Kuewr665

There should be more support for draggable tram in between two OWRs, OWR-2 and OWR-3 to be specific. Intersection, turning lane, and neighbor connection pieces (to be plopped over the RD-OWR transition) would be great. These would work better than creating Tram in AVE-6 or wider Tram in AVE-4 pieces.

strucka

I've actually found a possibility of making a tram in AVE-6, it's actually a bit different corridor, You could name it BRT+Tram in AVE-6. What I did was drag two OWR-2's (they are the stablest of course) and then I've put a Tram in road in the middle... What you get with it is visually a fast bus lane, on either side of a tram line inside the 4 lane artery (in the future it might become an even wider artery). It actually looks great! So that is one way, how to prepare your city for the future, when a Tram in AVE-6 might come.
I am telling you about this system beause it is far more stable and durable and everything, than the 2XOWR-3+GLR setup, that doesn't yet have the ability for the intersections. This one makes perfect intersections, and besides you can later on turn the stuff in to a 2xOWR-2+GLR profile, that turns in to a Tram in AVE with a puzzle piece in existance.

agunter999

Will there be any texture variants for Tram in road/street. especially more cobble/brick for older cities
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

vortext

Still work in progress though. .

edit, it's also noteworthy this was before it became apparent the GLR can in fact have custom sidewalks - eliminating the need of baking surface and sidewalk into the same texture - if one takes the trouble modding every frigging single s3d model.  ::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

agunter999

Hello they look fantastic, really do
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

Terring7

Those textures are awesome &apls &apls &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

[Delta ²k5]

For me only the one on the right looks realistic... I think you should also make these tracks as wide as the RRW tracks - so they will match :)

jdenm8

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on July 01, 2013, 02:02:13 PM
For me only the one on the right looks realistic... I think you should also make these tracks as wide as the RRW tracks - so they will match :)

The problem with that is that it'll entail modifying the ElRail textures and the Maxis ElRail to Subway transition so that they match.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

RepublicMaster

The third one is to die for! These look great. :D

strucka

There is a problem with the high elevated rail bridge now with the new textures from the NAM. Is it just me or is it every where? The ground textures from the normal EL-rail continues on the un supported tiles of the bridge, creating a very strange scenery.

Kuewr665

I remember a RD-2 Tram piece that blocked through travel on the crossing street. Was it removed?

Durfsurn

I know this topic has been dead for 2/3's of a year but I have new stuff! Some talk has been floated about a smooth (preferably 2x2?) GLR texture/puzzle piece (until it becomes draggable or something) and I have mocked up a quick 2x2 (256x256) bend. Dunno if anyone has already started on something like this but here goes; (Also I will make it into a puzzle piece (with my newly acquired skills at doing so :P ) if a NAM Team member gives me 4 IID's)

EDIT: If I get some ID's I will redo the textures so the concrete background fills the whole 4 tiles.

jdenm8

You've made a small mistake, the texture is half the width it needs to be.

Durfsurn

Why yes I have. So I fixed it but now I need to replace the backing pavement with good looking square pavers :P

EDIT: Consider it done; also now with base texture corrections!

memo

How about using 0x5ff10300, 0x5ff10310, 0x5ff10400, 0x5ff10410?

Durfsurn

Aren't they in the RHW ranks? Or is that a temp position not for final release for NAM.

Thanks
Durfsurn

memo

Yes, they are indeed in a temporary range.

Durfsurn

Well my paths are rotated and one tile has a bad red flasher of a path;

The rotation I can do but the red flashing I cannot. Here is the accompaniying code for that tile; EDIT: Halp! I can't seem to do the rotations either. I will post all the codes if need be.

SC4PATHS
-- el-train_0_2
8,-3.352,0
3.352,-0.4916,0
-- el-train_0_3
-8,-2,0
-3.2626,-2.5475,0
0.8492,-3.7989,0
4.6034,-6.1229,0
6.838,-8,0

jdenm8

Entry and Exit winds are wrong on one of the paths. I think the 0_2 one should enter from 2 and exit 0 if I'm reading it right.