• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heblem

Suggested list of LBT dependency files:
LBT Prop Pack 2:
New file at STEX: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=19044
LBT Texture Pack 1:
CSC: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=797
LBT Pack of colonial models by tcxalapa:
CSC: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=809
LBT Pack of colonial models by Elegost:
CSC: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=810
LBT Pack of colonial models by Heblem
CSC: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=808
LBT Plaza Mall Essentials (please respect that name, at lex is incorrect)
LEX: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1186
CSC: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=811
LBT Plaza Mall Props (please respect that name, at lex is incorrect)
LEX: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1187
CSC: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=812

Hope those files can be included

xxdita

Flagelo

i dun know if smoone has told about, but...

"BSC BAT Props Xannepan Vol 01" is missing from the list

I also dun know if this props is a part of a Mega Prop Pack, i tried to find, but without good results...

Btw, i want this file and i can't find that...

cya
coming soon...

SC4BOY

Probably that Xannapan lot is being asked for is because the LEX LINK on the "Dependency List" is broken

xxdita

SC4BOY

I'm looking in the one linked to the box in the bottom left corner of the pages.

xxdita

Flagelo

coming soon...

HandsOn

Quote from: jeronij on August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM
Dear SC4Devotion member,

In a continous effort to make the site the most useful and comfortable for all of you, we have added a new updated dependencies list, gently provided by Diggis, which you can find at the bottom of any forums page.

This list will be updated as often as possible.

The list is great, but the problem I encountered comes in a different form: I open an existing city and get the in-game message that I am missing a dependency. But rather than a name the message box displays the following number: "743303503 is missing". There are no brown boxes anywhere in the city and I can play normally. Searches for this number have thrown up nothing on the LEX, STEX, nor here..

How can one find out what's behind the number??

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

xxdita

This usually indicates that you have removed a file from your plugins recently. Without actually having the file, there would be no way to figure out what the corresponding file is to that number. Though every lot has a Plugin ID, it could be difficult to find that specific one. If your game works as it should, I'd ignore the message. If not, then you may want to replace any plugins you've recently removed, then go back into that city and make sure all instances of those lots are demolished. Save & Exit, and it is now safe to remove those files again.

dragonshardz

And the string of numbers Sc4 displays does not and will not help. there is no known way to decode them and find out what plugin(s) the game is referring to, trust me i've tried.

xxdita

True. But hopefully you know what you've removed from your plugins recently, and have at least tried running the game without those files before recycling them. I'd always recommend starting up a handful of cities, especially in older regions, before actually deleting any plugins from your computer. There is always the possibility of having forgotten to demolish a lot, in a region you haven't played in a while.
When moving the files back into your Plugins folder, put them all in a folder named Delete These, or somthing similar, so that they'll be easy to find. Revisit any cities that had the Missing Plugin Error, and demolish all of the lots that you need to. Exit the game, remove the folder from your Plugins, and then go back and double check, if necessary repeating the process, until you can start all cities without any error messages at all.
Most of the time, the Missing Plugins message, along with the lot not working is the worst it gets, but often, especially if there are a lot of Plugins listed, this could cause a CTD, making the city useless.
It would be nearly impossible to create a list of all plugins ever made, and their SC4 Plugin number, but perhaps a list could be started with new lots? But I'm not volunteering myself for that just yet.  $%Grinno$%

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on February 10, 2008, 12:51:48 AM
True. But hopefully you know what you've removed from your plugins recently, and have at least tried running the game without those files before recycling them.
I don't and I haven't. There's been no removal of any files: the only thing I tried was to use the BSC DatPacker to compress all folders into a single megapack in order to speed things up. When I found no marked increase in speed (especially menus) I restored the original files and only removed the megadat folder.

xxdita

Hmmm... I've switched back & forth quite frequently between packed and unpacked without getting the message. If this is happening only in the cities you've used the packed files on, I suppose it could be that the game is looking for those dats, and reporting them as missing. If it's happening elsewhere, perhaps you forgot to move everything back? DatPacker only compresses the subfolders, none of the files in your Plugins root folder.

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on February 10, 2008, 02:30:59 AM
Hmmm... I've switched back & forth quite frequently between packed and unpacked without getting the message. If this is happening only in the cities you've used the packed files on, I suppose it could be that the game is looking for those dats, and reporting them as missing. If it's happening elsewhere, perhaps you forgot to move everything back? DatPacker only compresses the subfolders, none of the files in your Plugins root folder.

The root plug-in folder was not touched. I am not blaming the Datpacker. It is always possible that I removed something accidentally. But I have other strange things happening, too: the NDEX Lumber Yard, for example: I've had it for some years now, always worked fine. Yesterday it appeared as a growable, and the buildings were missing. Similarily with the Pollution Eater. The one of SimGoober's housing lot began to sprout brown boxes. I deleted the lot (5x5), when I plopped it the brown boxes were gone and it looked normal. Methinks a complete reinstall is at hand. And I think I will write a small utility that keeps track of what is installed where.

Since the plug-in number must come from somewhere, it ought to be searchable somewhere. I wrote to EA, but that's like dropping a feather into a canyon and waiting for the echo.

SC4BOY

Has it been a long time since you've played and you tried to put in a lot of new things at once? The description you made above sounds very much like that.. lots of updates without checking them as you go. What you describe is symptomatic of MANY problems, not DatPacker (or cleanitol.. though running it "in the dark" will lead to MANY problems too) There is simply no substiture for going one or 2 mods at a time, testing each as you go, and UNDERSTANDING what you're doing.. even then you may have a problem or two, but you can always work through those.. I'm afraid you have a bit of a mess... do you have a region /plugins backup from before you started this?

xxdita

As EA/Maxis isn't responsible for support regarding Custom Content for the game, it's unlikely you'll get a satisfying answer. The plugin number would only be searchable if someone had been keeping track of them all since day one, if the number is assigned by the plugin itself, as opposed to a random number assigned by the game when the plugin is first used.
This can be tested of course, by two players using the same plugin, plopping it, removing the corresponding file from their plugins folder and restarting the game.

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on February 10, 2008, 03:35:48 AM
As EA/Maxis isn't responsible for support regarding Custom Content for the game, it's unlikely you'll get a satisfying answer. The plugin number would only be searchable if someone had been keeping track of them all since day one, if the number is assigned by the plugin itself, as opposed to a random number assigned by the game when the plugin is first used.
This can be tested of course, by two players using the same plugin, plopping it, removing the corresponding file from their plugins folder and restarting the game.

When I "discovered" STEX & LEX a couple of years ago, I started SC4 more seriously (without you guys it would have been a one-off, boring game). From day one I kept back-ups (its what I do for a living - keeping systems alive). My problems almost all started with the move to Vista, and the the fact that my old, American CD's became unusable. I then ordered SC4 & RH from UK Amazon. Vista forced me to completely reinstall everything on my PC's - some two GB worth of software, games and utilities. When I received my UK SC4 I restarted all regions, installing first all official updates, the essentials and dependencies, then all the custom content. Luckily then Cleanitol was there to avoid duplication et al. And I thus had a running show until two weeks ago, when things started to go haywire. And I do know that it is not the Datpacker's fault - but always, always the user's, ergo moi meme! I am now trying to create a tool that will find these identifiers. Wish me luck..

And thanks for everyone's comments..

xxdita

It could very well be that you have removed lots with Cleanitol that you had not demolished beforehand. This would almost certainly give you the Missing Plugin error. You may want to have a look at this thread for more help with that.