• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisim

I added the following description to the first post of this topic (it used to be shown at the top of each page, but unfortunately this changed with the forum update this summer).

NAM version 30 contains support for diagonal tram-avenue, tram-in-road and tram-on-road. These are the new pieces for diagonal tram-avenue.

Most of the textures for these diagonal pieces were created by Schleicher68, and a few by RogerRon91 - thanks!
Traffic lights were added to all pieces after I took these screen shots.

There are elevated highway junctions with tram-avenue

There are new pieces for tram-in-road and tram-on-road

and there are a few more new pieces not shown here.

Two new styles of Draggable Ground Light Rail/Tram with easily-customizable base textures have been added with the optional Draggable GLR/Tram Extension Plugin. However, there are some initial bug reports. More details on how to use this optional plugin will be posted when this will be resolved. Please be patient.

Quote from: DamienM23 on October 01, 2011, 09:27:52 AM
The only Tram in Roundabout piece added was one to connect an orthagonal tram in avenue. Still nothing diagonal can be connected.  :'(
We prepared for a diagonal connection to the tram-roundabout, but the texture was not finalized in time and therefore it is not included in NAM version 30. Hopefully in the next version.

I am sorry if you get the impression that this thread is "inactive". It is not. As Tarkus replied (thanks!)
Quote from: Tarkus on October 03, 2011, 12:03:20 AM
While Chrisim is often occupied with RL and tends to develop intensely over short spurts (his job keeps him busy and frequently traveling), he also prefers to spend the vast majority of his SC4 time developing and typically doesn't venture much outside our private board.  Most of the other T-RAM folks, many of whom are texture artists, are primarily active at the German-language Simforum.de site, but don't post here very often outside the confines of the private board. 

While this thread may appear to be "inactive" or "dead", it's not really an accurate indicator as to the level of activity of the project.  It's just that our T-RAM group has a different philosophy toward public showcases of development than some other NAM Team projects do (e.g. the RHW).

PS: my real life keeps me quite busy presently. I won't be able to reply for several weeks - so I kindly ask the SC4D community to reply when there are questions ...

Simcitler

Thank you very much for your effort on the new T-Ram pieces. They are very helpful!

~ Simcitler

banditp61

noahclem

Thanks for all your hard work Chrisim! The new pieces are great  &apls

mike3775

It is simply amazing how things like this are still going strong, 3 years later.  I lost interest in the game for awhile, then come back, and find these things I posted in earlier are still alive and well, thabnks to dedicated users like Chris and others. 

I love the new pieces

DamienM23

Quote from: Chrisim on October 09, 2011, 07:45:02 AM
We prepared for a diagonal connection to the tram-roundabout, but the texture was not finalized in time and therefore it is not included in NAM version 30. Hopefully in the next version.
Do you mean a diagonal tram in road connection, or a diagonal plain road connection (or both)?

Wiimeiser

The new highway interchange pieces are missing all LHD paths.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

banditp61

This is gonna make making diagonal CBD's a lot easier now!!!! :D I can start on my Downtown Denver again!! (More accurate that is)

CahosRahneVeloza

This is probably an insane suggestion but here goes....

How about GLR in avenue overpass pieces? Such as a GLR in Avenue on ramp & GLR in avenue over *insert where ever the overpass might cross here* puzzle piece? And maybe... even a GLR in avenue crossing Can-AM puzzle pieces as well?

Schleicher68

Quote from: DamienM23 on October 09, 2011, 12:06:24 PM
Quote from: Chrisim on October 09, 2011, 07:45:02 AM
Do you mean a diagonal tram in road connection, or a diagonal plain road connection (or both)?
The plans in SFBT-Euro-Texture!

http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/thumbnails/356dd56050a380182ce8df6ceff9b61c.jpg
The testings:

jdenm8

I can't help but notice that you're using very outdated RHW textures.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

^^ Indeed. I don't even use my own Euro RHW Set for months now, simply because the lane widths have changed. A new set is under development right now and it has other dimensions then the old set.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Schleicher68

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 22, 2011, 02:23:49 AM
.... very outdated RHW textures.
I know this! ;) These are pictures of our plannings, no presentations. It is from our German NAM forum, in 2010.

cogeo

How about an additional T-RAM straight-to-diagonal piece, with a reversing path (from the straight section back to the diagonal)? It's needed to overcome the limitation of the diagonal pieces, allowing only commuting to the forward direction. Quite easy to make, requiring only modifying the texture and adding a single path.

The existing diagonal reversing piece texture can be improved a little too.

noahclem

T-RAM integration with TuLEPs/NWM would sure be great! I would especially like to request a Tram-in-Avenue X ARD-3/single tile TuLEPs piece, and as a slightly lower priority a Tram-in-Avenue X Avenue TuLEPs piece.

And again, thanks for the great work on the last update!

Gugu3

Just to know...is there the possibility of creating connector puzzle pieces(like the ones for RHW)for such network as tram in road,tram in avenue and so on??? :thumbsup:Thank you

jdenm8

They don't need them. Just drag the underlying network to the border and plop the GLR pieces over the top.

mike3775

Quote from: jdenm8 on November 18, 2011, 06:55:33 AM
They don't need them. Just drag the underlying network to the border and plop the GLR pieces over the top.

Does that actually work now?  Last I remember, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't

Gugu3

Quote from: jdenm8 on November 18, 2011, 06:55:33 AM

woah!!!I did't know this was possible and functional!!! ;DI'm quite used with the RHW and NWM but not so good with tram...I have to improve my knowledge about that

jdenm8

Why the RHW and NWM need connector pieces is because we have essnetially one way traffic going to a connection they expect a return route from (We have to give them that return routeusing the NC pieces, even if it's not prototypical).
The tram puzzle pices don't have this issue as they have two-way traffic going to a two-way connection. Having a NC piece would change nothing.