• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

$ Dj D.P.E. $

ok first off how do you take a screen shot?

Now the problem I'm having is I got an ave. with a tram running thought it I got a regular rail way that my ave. has to cross can I make that happen or do I have to make the tram get off the road and some how? I found the piece for the tram to cross the track but what about the cars its no longer a street so they would turn around right?   ()what()

jdenm8

Point 1:
The printscreen button, then paste into paint or similar, then upload to ImageShack or Majhost.

Point 2:
I've come across circumstances like this before, and there is just no piece to do that. All I can suggest is converting to Subway (The RTMT Interim pack on the LEX gives you lots that allow you to do that) and running subway underneath. Alternatively, you could run the Rail over the Avenue. I think there is a Rail Viaduct over Tram-In-Ave piece, though I'm not sure.

A piece like this does need to be made though.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

$ Dj D.P.E. $

ya there is a pice like that I just seen it a minit ago but I am having trouble with the lex I can't get in :( but isn't there a piece the goes from ave to sub in the one I got? they should somehow make it to where you can see a list of the stuff you want to pic going threw everything with the tab take a really long time lol

Is there a list the shows what pieces are in what category? I just started using this a couple hours ago so I'm very new to this

jdenm8

Someone was making a comprehensive list of Tram, GLR and El-Over-Road pieces, but the project never got published and I don't know if they're still in the Community.

$ Dj D.P.E. $

ok new question hy do the sims disappear whe they get to may tram in ave? I have them connected to my roads. I remember reading something about placing one ways on something to make it work but I don't think that was for what I'm doing right?

by the way I thank you for the help I got earlier :) 

jdenm8

The One-Way thing was only for the SFBT and Gshmails Tram-In-Avenue stations. I'm not sure why they'd be disappearing.

$ Dj D.P.E. $

o man thats not good that means there not taking that street well I uninstalled everything had a prob with them driving on the left :( I  think it had something to do with he rtmt 3.6 but  not sure but If I still have the prob after I install everything again I'll be back

$ Dj D.P.E. $

ok I got evertying working almost lol but now I have a real easy question can you join to the next city with the tram or do you have to turn it into a rail?

$ Dj D.P.E. $

is it normal if you placde a tram piece on top of a house or something that the house will not be able to be removed? It has happen quite a few times

strucka

You can connect to another city, but just the tram, not the tram-in/on-road. And yes it happens that you get this problem. Try ploping a pedestrian mall tile over the house.. then bulldoze it and plop a single tile of road over it and bulldoze that to. After that the lot should be empty again. There are also some cases, where this doesn't help. But your problem should be solved.

$ Dj D.P.E. $

lol ok thank you :) next question can you turn rail into subway somehow or does it have to go from likr rail light rail then sub?

Ramona Brie

Quote from: $ Dj D.P.E. $ on December 30, 2010, 04:51:23 PM
lol ok thank you :) next question can you turn rail into subway somehow or does it have to go from likr rail light rail then sub?

Heavy rail? There's an old NDEX transition to do that.

Tram-road? Yes; there's a TE lot somewhere for that (don't remember who made it).

Monorail Master

Quote from: Tracker on December 30, 2010, 09:42:25 PM
Heavy rail? There's an old NDEX transition to do that.

Tram-road? Yes; there's a TE lot somewhere for that (don't remember who made it).

There's both a Rail -> Subway conversion and a GLR -> Subway conversion both made by NDEX.

BTW...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! WELCOME TO 2011!!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Ramona Brie

Quote from: Monorail Master on January 01, 2011, 11:33:08 AM
There's both a Rail -> Subway conversion and a GLR -> Subway conversion both made by NDEX.

BTW...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! WELCOME TO 2011!!!!!

And the SFBT released as part of their Advent Calendar a new GLR-subway transition.

Nardo69

Quote from: strucka on December 30, 2010, 11:06:34 AM
You can connect to another city, but just the tram, not the tram-in/on-road. And yes it happens that you get this problem. Try ploping a pedestrian mall tile over the house.. then bulldoze it and plop a single tile of road over it and bulldoze that to. After that the lot should be empty again. There are also some cases, where this doesn't help. But your problem should be solved.

You can do Tram-on/in-road neighbour connections. Build a road conenction, get it working in both cities, then plop the T-RAM puzzles over it. After some switching between and running & saving the cities the connection should work.

banditp61

In the future, will there be newer GLR to El-Rail transitions with curves? i asked this question in a previous forum under "GLR Request" but i haven't heard anything back in about a month. 

Aliktren

I'm a bit confused about T-RAM - is this included in the NAM August download or are there more bits to download (or, how do I get draggable tram in road to work ?) , has anyone got a list or recommendation of the best tram stuff to download ?

Cheers

Alik.

jdenm8

All the necessary Puzzle Pieces to make a Tram network are already included in the NAM.

However, LOTs (Changes your ElRail traffic to get off) are not included in the NAM. A lot of people recommend the SFBT and RTMT stations.

But, there is some nice stuff made by the Japanese community. I stumbled across a Tram-In-Road terminus a few days ago.

ivo_su

Like most of us have understood the new NAM or more precisely in section NWM will appear AVE-6 and interesting to me is whether it plans to have T-RAM for it and maybe for AVE-2

- Ivaylo (Ivo)

jdenm8

As far as I know, there are no plans for Tram in AVE-6.

For Tram in AVE-2, use Tram-in-Road. The function (two car lanes separated by two tram lanes) is more likely what you're looking for.